Protest For Sikhs In Dubai - Downing Street

amzsingh

Gurfateh Jee,

I was wondering if anyone know the times and places coaches will be going to the protest this Sunday at Downing street?

Info on it below:

Campaign led by Sikh Channel MAY 16th 1pm - 4pm

Join the protest on Downing Street to show support for Sikhs in Dubai, and oppose the death penalty. Sikh Channel needs your participation to help save the lives of these men on Sunday 16th May, from 1pm-4pm. Sikhs from around the UK are protesting to help save the lives of 17 young men. Support is anticipated from across the wider community in opposition to the Death Penalty. Indian NGO Lawyers for Human Rights International (LFHRI) released information that has left the Sikh community in shock; CCTV footage used in court against these men has been forged. Further to this the 17 men have been tortured, beaten with clubs, subjected to electric shocks, deprived of sleep until forced to confess to the murder of a man in Dubai, The Sikh religion has been mocked and slandered according to LFHRI. The lawyers who spoke to the tortured men heard how the officials in Sharjah jail made the prisoners stamp on religious bracelets and necklaces until they broke into pieces, then torment the men about what their God is doing for them. The London members of the Sikh Channel Advisory Board are leading the campaign to ensure that these men in Dubai are not forgotten and are given basic human rights to a fair trial. The international community must not turn a blind eye to what is happening in the Middle East. To show your support, and seek true justice join the protest next Sunday 16th on Downing Street, from 1pm-4pm. Sikh Temples around the UK are urged to provide coaches to Victoria Embankment for the community to participate in the protest. For more information contact news@sikhchannel.tv

let him be, probz he did something bad in his past life ... lool

okay getting back to reality here

have all 17 been tortured?

im living in Dubai and i seriously think this is racist against sikhs

id go kill another sikh here, nothing wud happn :/

WJKK WJKF!!

I grew up all my life in Sharjah, and still have family there. From what I am told, these Punjabi guys traded in alcohol, and that's the root cause of the fight, as in control over alcohol sale in a particular area. Still, 17 getting death penalty for killing one makes NO sense.

Bhai Sahib, the whole issue is that the Dubai authorities picked up 17 random Indian punjabis who were in different parts of Dubai and charged them with the murder of a Pakistani man and bootleging (ie the sale of alcohol). Some had just arrived in Dubai, some were working, some were sleeping and some were just picked up at the airport because they were catching flights. The rest of the story and confessions have been fabricated and under Sharia law the 17 were sentanced to death.

I dont know what the intentions of the Dubai police was, but I do know Sikhs and Indians are looked down on by the local ruling Arabs. Also they authroities want to send a message to the bootlegers that they will not tolerate alcohol in Dubai (but allow it to be sold to Westerners in the hotels). The incident allegedly took place over a year ago and it looks like the Dubai Sharia police want to make a massive example to show they are in contrrol and the 17 randomly chosen are just victims in this.

Incidently all the open executions in UAE since 1997 a large portion seem to have been foreign individuals ranging from pakistanis, indians, indonesians. Fews Arab have been executed in the UAE since 1997.

Perhaps the indians in Sharjah are being influenced by the local media.

Why are Sikh protesting outside number 10 downing street, surley the demo should be outsdide the Dubai/united emirates embassy, or the Indian Embassy, as this would more impact. Agree a letter or petition should be given to the UK Government. My understanding is that a letter ahs been sent to the Foreign Office and a reply received, stating that as they are Indian Nationals, it is up to the Indian and Dubai Governments, as they were involved in activites to do with 'Liquor', which is banned in the Muslim states.

Unfortunatley, with a new Government, this demo, will show how ignorant the Sikhs are of political (especially current) and Legal issues, i.e. role of Biritish Government. Remember the rich Arabs probably owe half of London, will the Bristih Government upset them in favour of Human Rights overt Investment, especially involving non UK Nationals.

Need to focus on Human Rights and Civil Liberties Organisations and the UN, as well as the UNHRC.

Why is the Sikh Channel organising this demo, surley there role is to highlight these issues in the media, for other to take action.

Why are Sikh protesting outside number 10 downing street, surley the demo should be outsdide the Dubai/united emirates embassy, or the Indian Embassy, as this would more impact. Agree a letter or petition should be given to the UK Government. My understanding is that a letter ahs been sent to the Foreign Office and a reply received, stating that as they are Indian Nationals, it is up to the Indian and Dubai Governments, as they were involved in activites to do with 'Liquor', which is banned in the Muslim states.

Unfortunatley, with a new Government, this demo, will show how ignorant the Sikhs are of political (especially current) and Legal issues, i.e. role of Biritish Government. Remember the rich Arabs probably owe half of London, will the Bristih Government upset them in favour of Human Rights overt Investment, especially involving non UK Nationals.

Need to focus on Human Rights and Civil Liberties Organisations and the UN, as well as the UNHRC.

Why is the Sikh Channel organising this demo, surley there role is to highlight these issues in the media, for other to take action.

If I had a penny for each time someone has a counter issue not attend a specific rally, protest, samagam, kirtan darbar, I'd be a pretty rich bloke now.

The way I see it...Via the medium of the Sikh Channel, around 20 national Gurdwara committees have at long last got their collective act together and have taken some responsibility in arranging their local sangat to turn up to a rally on a national scale..

If it's being driven by the Sikh channel then who cares, as long as something gels these prabhandaks together and gets them to get their big backsides off their committee office kursiya..

With regards to these 17 young men...When I once met Bhai Sahib Balbir Singh Bains who was falsely imprisoned in India for several years, he told me that when you are at rock bottom in prison with very little hope and you hear that a group of Sikhs in another country held a rally for you it gives you hope..

This gathering may be unsuccessful, as you seem to have convinced yourself it will be, but those families in India will feel something, they will not feel isolated, they will feel a glimmer of hope..The sangat attending will feel united and inspired to stand up as a kaum for other issues....

We can just stay at home, make ourselves out to be panthic but simply end up spending the Sunday afternoon watching the Eastenders omnibus..or we can join the rest of the sangat and start a new dynamic where Sikhs feel inspired to travel 100's of miles to stand up for the human rights of others..let's not knock it just because each on of us was not consulted during the organisation stages.

If I had a penny for each time someone has a counter issue not attend a specific rally, protest, samagam, kirtan darbar, I'd be a pretty rich bloke now.

The way I see it...Via the medium of the Sikh Channel, around 20 national Gurdwara committees have at long last got their collective act together and have taken some responsibility in arranging their local sangat to turn up to a rally on a national scale..

If it's being driven by the Sikh channel then who cares, as long as something gels these prabhandaks together and gets them to get their big backsides off their committee office kursiya..

With regards to these 17 young men...When I once met Bhai Sahib Balbir Singh Bains who was falsely imprisoned in India for several years, he told me that when you are at rock bottom in prison with very little hope and you hear that a group of Sikhs in another country held a rally for you it gives you hope..

This gathering may be unsuccessful, as you seem to have convinced yourself it will be, but those families in India will feel something, they will not feel isolated, they will feel a glimmer of hope..The sangat attending will feel united and inspired to stand up as a kaum for other issues....

We can just stay at home, make ourselves out to be panthic but simply end up spending the Sunday afternoon watching the Eastenders omnibus..or we can join the rest of the sangat and start a new dynamic where Sikhs feel inspired to travel 100's of miles to stand up for the human rights of others..let's not knock it just because each on of us was not consulted during the organisation stages.

So lets make it more of an impact, by demonstrating outside the Dubal Embassy, as the media in Dubai, may pick this up, rasiing more awarness and the message will get back to those arrested.

If outside of Number 10, THEN WHY NOT CAMPAIGN FOR ABOLISHING THE DEATH PENALTY FOR PROFESSOR D.S. BHULLAR, JAGTAR SINGH HAWARA AND OTHER SIKHS.

Just saying we need to think things through, not just get emotional, or is this because its a 'Muslim Country'.

Good luck with the Demo.