Protest For Sikhs In Dubai - Downing Street

amzsingh

Bhai Sahib, the whole issue is that the Dubai authorities picked up 17 random Indian punjabis who were in different parts of Dubai and charged them with the murder of a Pakistani man and bootleging (ie the sale of alcohol). Some had just arrived in Dubai, some were working, some were sleeping and some were just picked up at the airport because they were catching flights. The rest of the story and confessions have been fabricated and under Sharia law the 17 were sentanced to death.

I dont know what the intentions of the Dubai police was, but I do know Sikhs and Indians are looked down on by the local ruling Arabs. Also they authroities want to send a message to the bootlegers that they will not tolerate alcohol in Dubai (but allow it to be sold to Westerners in the hotels). The incident allegedly took place over a year ago and it looks like the Dubai Sharia police want to make a massive example to show they are in contrrol and the 17 randomly chosen are just victims in this.

Incidently all the open executions in UAE since 1997 a large portion seem to have been foreign individuals ranging from pakistanis, indians, indonesians. Fews Arab have been executed in the UAE since 1997.

Perhaps the indians in Sharjah are being influenced by the local media.

You are right veerji, I am not dismissing the fact that the media is presenting fabricated reports. From what I have followed recently in the news (again, can't trust Zee News), there are chances that the death penalty may be reduced to life imprisonment. Dubai as I once said earlier is far more liberal than Sharjah, in terms of religion (and alcohol) especially. These are 2 different emirates in the same country. Arabs don't exactly look down upon Sikhs, and from my own personal experience they treat us more respectfully than Indians. However, here we are dealing with the law enforcement agency and not the common Arab, so again I won't dispute what you're saying.

And I would like everyone to know that the cops in that country are in control only when it comes to the middle class. The elite can get away with anything, especially if they are Muslim. The Mumbai underworld and the Russian Mafia are something they can't control, and word on the street has it that it would be no surprise if elements from Al Qaeda, Taliban, or any other Pakistan-based Islamic terror group use this country as a picnic spot. The only reason they are not yet getting smacked by the US is because they serve the US like a mistress as well. Their 2-faced international policy is saving them from being hit by both the US on one hand and Islamic terror on the other.

And please excuse me for using the term "Islamic terror".

So lets make it more of an impact, by demonstrating outside the Dubal Embassy, as the media in Dubai, may pick this up, rasiing more awarness and the message will get back to those arrested.

If outside of Number 10, THEN WHY NOT CAMPAIGN FOR ABOLISHING THE DEATH PENALTY FOR PROFESSOR D.S. BHULLAR, JAGTAR SINGH HAWARA AND OTHER SIKHS.

Just saying we need to think things through, not just get emotional, or is this because its a 'Muslim Country'.

Good luck with the Demo.

You are absolutely right in what you are saying... I agree with where you are coming from!...However, let's see this as a new chapter and that now perhaps through the medium of a TV channel, some of these committees and the ordinary members of the sangat feel the need to do something proactive for their kaum...

Bruv...as you have rightly said this hasn't been happening in the past...and believe me from someone who was actively involved in the old R4G Campaign morchay..there was nothing more demotivating then the lack of Gurdwara committee support, the lack of sangat support and the lack of our own media support...So now that the Sikh channel and National Gurdwaras are taking some kind of lead, be it 25 years late and in perhaps not the best advised way..it's still something more than what was happening before...and for that I see the need to attend with our mothers, fathers, wifes/husbands and children..This can only inspire our kaum to do more and re-visit of the issues of Professor Devinderpal Singh Bhuller and Bhai Jagtar Singh Hawara.