Sikhs At Downing Street Today

simran345

The turnout was at least better than the that of the Kamal Nath protest.

This was expected.

The Kamal Nath protest was during the week, not pushed in the same way by the Sikh Channel or Gurdwaras. Therefore it was for those really committed and able to spare the time!

However, the Kamal Nath protest got instant results and a VICTORY for Sikhs.

Time will tell if the time and effort that went into the protest for the 17 young Sikh workers on Sunday will save the lives of the 17.

Well i'm glad that there was a good turnout - roughly how many sangattan turned up?

Around 3,000 I'd say... A good mix of elders, naujwaan, bibya and kids...From that perspective it was uplifting to see a diverse sangat turnout...

Sikh Times seems to be reporting that 20,000 attended...i'm assuming that is a grosse exaggeration

http://www.emgonline.co.uk/news.php?news=9373

As Sikh Channel are able to reach Sikhs up and down the country like never before - i congratulate Sikh Channel of their efforts in help of the 17 Sikhs in Dubai.

Will Sikh Channel also be arranging protests for Gursikhs such as Prof Davinder Singh Bhullar and Jagtar Singh Hawara who are also on deathrow? Will Sikh Channel be putting the same effort in supporting the June rally that is in less than a month to ensure there is an even larger turnout?

The Sikh Times simply used a Press Release issued by Jagdeesh Singh (SCAN) from Slough that he put out for the non-Sikh media prior to the event. Central TV cameras were present - not sure if they showed anything on the news - perhaps those living in the Midlands could confirm.

Several thousand would have been more accurate.

Mainstream media may also have been reluctant to cover the event as they may have concluded it was organised by a media competitor.

The Sikh Channel has publicly committed to promote the Remembrance March & Freedom Rally on Sunday 13 June in the same way.

In due course it would be good if as many Gurdwaras as possible give names and telephone numbers and confirm coaches have been arranged.

In particular all Gurdwaras that organised coaches for the 17 Sikhs should be encouraged to arrange coaches for the 13 June.

The issue finally will always come to our inability to defend our people because we do not have out own state.

We need our country in whcih we will have our own Foriegn Office and Embassies around the world to apply pressure in such situations.

If we had our own country, it would have taken our Foriegn Office 1 Email to all Embassies around the world to approach the UAE Embassies in their respective countries to details with this case. We could have pull in the UAE High Commissioner in Our Country for Questioning on details of the case.

In extreme cases, we could close our Embassy or cancel certain Corporate deals.

Total Independence is the only slogan.

Well i'm glad that there was a good turnout - roughly how many sangattan turned up?

Around 3,000 I'd say... A good mix of elders, naujwaan, bibya and kids...From that perspective it was uplifting to see a diverse sangat turnout...

Sikh Times seems to be reporting that 20,000 attended...i'm assuming that is a grosse exaggeration

http://www.emgonline.co.uk/news.php?news=9373

As Sikh Channel are able to reach Sikhs up and down the country like never before - i congratulate Sikh Channel for their efforts in help of the 17 Sikhs in Dubai.

Will Sikh Channel also be arranging protests for Gursikhs such as Prof Davinder Singh Bhullar and Jagtar Singh Hawara who are also on deathrow? Will Sikh Channel be putting the same effort in supporting the June rally that is in less than a month to ensure there is an even larger turnout?

Fateh ji

sikh channel esitmated 10.000 poeple turn out,

i was there and i did not see 10,000 poeple

there were say about 3000 people

sikh channel done good,

ps beanti to sikh channel let noT forget those singh WHO ARE IN THE PRISON FOR THE PANTH TILL TODAY LET HELP THOSE SINGH TO....

NEVERFORGET 84

BUMP

It was shown on Central News.

Good news report (at least we managed to have one)...well done to whichever proactive Midlands Gurdwara managed to get the Central News team down London to report the demo.

The Central News team contacted the embassy and its the first time I have been made aware of any contact with the embassy, even if it was a non-response. Anyone one know anything more? There seems to be no reported follow up since Sunday or have I missed a Sikh Channel "special".

It was shown on Central News.

Good news report (at least we managed to have one)...well done to whichever proactive Midlands Gurdwara managed to get the Central News team down London to report the demo.

The Central News team contacted the embassy and its the first time I have been made aware of any contact with the embassy, even if it was a non-response. Anyone one know anything more? There seems to be no reported follow up since Sunday or have I missed a Sikh Channel "special".

Understand Sikh Channel invited Central News.

Sikh Channel are showing the protest on Saturday 22 May at 7pm.

The Sikh Federation (UK) sent a couple of photos to Ajit of the protest outside Downing Street along with details of the event. A news item appeared yesterday so people of Punjab will know of the protest.

http://newspaper.ajitjalandhar.com/index.php?edid=6&dtid=20100518

Vaheguroo Jee Kaa Khalsa, Vaheguroo Jee Kee Phateh

Bhai Sahib makes a very good point. The Sikh Channel must represent the cases of Gurmukhs like Prof Davinder Singh Bhullar, Paramjit Singh Dhaddi and Jagtar Singh Hawara, cases which have been running much longer. It is becoming quite clear that Sikh Channel are a powerful organisation and this power must be recognised and put to good use. I'm not trying to say its only Sikh Channels responsibility, ultimately it is everyones responsibility to fight such cases, but the Sikh Channel can easily communicate to the national / international sangat. Even if the channel were to have an hour show to highlight such cases, protests etc can follow but the initial awareness needs to be raised first.

A humble benti to the sangat to help put forward this initiative to the Sikh Channel.

This is the only way, we as Sikhs, can get our voice heard.

Please dont take this as a critiscm of Sikh Channel, my family and I are hooked on it because its doing a really good job!

Vaheguroo Jee Kaa Khalsa, Vaheguroo Jee Kee Phateh

http://www.emgonline...s.php?news=9373

As Sikh Channel are able to reach Sikhs up and down the country like never before - i congratulate Sikh Channel for their efforts in help of the 17 Sikhs in Dubai.