Want To Open A Shop

Guest _lost_

As Sikhs we are bound by Sarbat Da Bhalla. Every action we do should have a positive contribution to the world not a negative. Therefore we should carefully think about what we do and be willing to accept responsiblity for our doings. If that means chosing a career path which complements Sikhi, then so we should. If that means shopping responsibly, then so we should..For every negative action there is always a corrective action...Akal Purakh has given us the choice, it's up to us if we want to take the pain of the corrective action or the convenience of the negative action.

In simple terms, think about this, if we are representing Guru Gobind Singh Ji then could you see our Guru selling ciggerettes, booze, being dishonest, cheating people out of money, exploiting the poor etc etc????....NO...

Guest Guest

WJKK WJKF

I need some advice, and was wondering if anyone would be able to spare a few minutes for me I would be very grateful.

I have had the opportunity to purchase a newsagents. My wife and I have been looking for a business or at least another way of earning an income- I have a 9-5 job but I know its not going anywhere. Now I am a bit weary of opening a newsagents because of the what we sell. In this particular one there are cigarettes and some meat items. I have also thought of the other implications such as the long hours etc, but the main thing that’s pushing me back is the cigarettes meat etc.

Im a mona, but I am into Sikhi. I’ve stopped eating meat, don’t smoke drink, try doing Parth in the morning and night. Recently I have seriously thought of becoming a Singh, and it is something I want to do. I just become a dad and think that the best way for me to show my child the right path is to at least look the part, but there is something stopping me, maybe I’m too scared to make the change and because I’m too paranoid of what work would say etc.

I wanted to open a business for my child as well, getting a steady income providing for them. I see this as ideal money wise, but there is that nagging thought of me selling items that my faith doesn’t promote. Although, someone once told me that we are only selling them not using, and if they didn’t get these items from us, they would from somewhere else. Also what about people who work for certain companies that promotes items that our faith is against but indirectly? Or for example if you worked as a bouncer on a door at a club, your working where there is alcohol and lewd behaviour (well unless its changed over the last 5 years since I went last!)

I want to start some business, get on my own two feet, I’m not particular of working 9-5 I get bored quite easily. I have looked at other business ( electronic stores etc) but newsagents is something that my family members are in and know about and also there is less risk involved for me. Obviously if I don’t take this, then I don’t know what else to do, I feel that I’m stuck in this job, I don’t really have enough experience or qualification in my field to excel, and I feel opening some sort of business will be a good thing for me.

Sorry for taking up your time, but any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Phul Chuk Marf

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji ki fateh

You will find plenty of business opportunities at

http://uk.businessesforsale.com/

http://www.franchisedirect.co.uk/directory/

http://www.london2012.com/get-involved/business-network/index.php

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji ki fateh

Guest --gupt--

WJKK WJKF

I see this as ideal money wise, but there is that nagging thought of me selling items that my faith doesn’t promote. Although, someone once told me that we are only selling them not using,

Phul Chuk Marf

Waheguru ji ka khalsa!Waheguru ji ki fateh!

We should not even sell the things which our religion doesn't promote.

Our religion teaches us to do good and encourage others to do the same.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Veero, do you think by refuting each others viewpoints you are helping the original poster? If anything, you are confusing him even more! We cannot expect everyone to think the way we think, so why don't we just post our viewpoints and stop imposing it on others? PLease, this is a humble benti to everyone - Stop spoiling innocent threads with your childish arguments. *sigh*

I personally apologise to the original poster for the confusion caused by my veers here <_<

Gurfateh!