Bye!

Really sorry everyone, but according to my parents apparently im being converted by sikh extremists, and not acting like a 'normal' sikh..........i think they mean im not acting like a punjabi.

Either was im getting too religious and they want to put a stop to it...obviously im fighting the cause so im having my internet privledges taken away, so this is the last time i'll be on here for a while. Dad stopped my getting up at amritvela this morning, their going to try and force me to eat meat tonight, and threatening to cut my kachere to ribbons. Please do ardas for me.

Its been a pleasure talking to each and every one of you! Thanks tuhi nirankar, and thank you to Humkire, Pjs and Preet for being my friends.

Much Love, Waheguru ji ka khalsa, waheguru ji fateh......

hopefully with waheguru ji kirpa i'll be able to come back on here some day soon :D

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can relate to an extent veerji/penji, it's complicated and surprising stuff once you start surfacing the problem.... Will pray for you veerji/penji.

In think the parent's fear is their kid not getting enough maya or not living up to their name (degrees and what not).

If you can try seeing if you can accomplish one thing they want, if it's studies try to give it your all in that and see if they 'loosen' up, ironic how you (we) go a right path and the correct ones are corrected :(.

In the end just keep your thoughts to yourself and try to reasonably live with what they say. Remember the power that brought you to the light. Remember the path will have some bumps on the road, in the end you will come out stronger than ever.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

sorry to hear this is th case, its such a shame. Years ago there was time when somebody was into sikhi the parents were happy, still is th case now with many families, but its kalyug and seems like a role reversal.

Keep ~God within ur heart, and keep doing path bhenji, god will help u thru this.

Its gr8 u could get up at amritvela i can even do that, ur a lesson to us all.

May God help u thru this hard time bhenji.

Really sorry everyone, but according to my parents apparently im being converted by sikh extremists, and not acting like a 'normal' sikh..........i think they mean im not acting like a punjabi.

Either was im getting too religious and they want to put a stop to it...obviously im fighting the cause so im having my internet privledges taken away, so this is the last time i'll be on here for a while. Dad stopped my getting up at amritvela this morning, their going to try and force me to eat meat tonight, and threatening to cut my kachere to ribbons. Please do ardas for me.

Its been a pleasure talking to each and every one of you! Thanks tuhi nirankar, and thank you to Humkire, Pjs and Preet for being my friends.

Much Love, Waheguru ji ka khalsa, waheguru ji fateh......

hopefully with waheguru ji kirpa i'll be able to come back on here some day soon :D

wjkk wjkf

ur living behind enemy lines if they threatening to do that that aint far off from what the mughals did to us except ur parents wont kill u lol

if ur sikhis being threateneed then y u still living under the same roof? thats cowardly man

its about honour n there aint no honour in living under the same roof of people oppressing ur sikhi and eating their food...if thats the case and how u wanna leave it then u cant be telling people that the khalsa been created to fight against oppression when u getting it from your own parents

respect ur parents is a big part of sikhi but dont say no where u fall at their feet even if they threaten to give u meat n disrespect ur kakkars

be a warrior princess not just sit their doing waheguru waheguru n think everything will get better...say waheguru waheguru for strength and then stand up to them...

enough said

soorma veer, its easy to say but hard to do !!! Things seems to be easy to read/hear but not everybody can follow and be a strong khalsa !. It take years of practice before one can face such injustice with strong defense. Calling someone coward is not a way to show your support.. yeh?

IHB, remember, it is our guru jees will/play/plan.. whatever happens around us. I wish you good luck and will do ardas for you. Just keep your will strong and do find a way to compromise with your parents without loosing sikhi spirits. Tell them plain and clear about your simple needs and if they still don't listen then have someone like your grandparents or other relatives to come and speak on behalf of you.

Stay in chardi kala spirits !!!

Hang in there. Go to PJS scribd account, download sharda pooran granth. on p. 111 there is a shabad to help make a hard time easier.

i would recite at least 1 mala of rakhya da shabad every night.

also, check ang 1425 of Guru Granth Sahib ji. Recite this slok 1111 times every monday to make a hard time easier. If I missed anything perhaps PJS veer can clarify.

slok mhlw 5

salok mehalaa 5

Salok, Fifth Mehla:

KuBVI kuQwie imTI glix kumMqRIAw ]

khubharree kuthhaae mit(h)ee galan kuma(n)threeaa ||

I am stuck in an evil place, trusting the sweet words of an evil advisor.

nwnk syeI aubry ijnw Bwgu mQwih ]11]

naanak saeee oubarae jinaa bhaag mathhaahi ||11||

O Nanak, they alone are saved, who have such good destiny inscribed upon their

foreheads. ||11||

will definately do ardaas for you veerji/bhenji just hang in there it wil allbe fine just keep maharaj in mind, i know many people whose parents are like this just keep reciting bani especially chaupai sahib it will help you waheguru waheguru, hope waheguru lets those people know what they are doing wrong

wow. thats really some crazy stuff. Why would parents have a problem with this? Are you neglecting your studies? If thats the reason then just start aceing classes... and then start over. School really is mega important.

I think its easy to say just leave em etc... but if the person is under age and living with her parents what can she really do? Go beg on the street or something....?

Feel really bad for ya kiddo

-W