Htc Or Iphone?

SikhSeeker

Gurfateh all.

Which one would you prefer? I've had the iphone 3g for 18 months and am waiting for the 4g to come so I can upgrade, but i went to carphone warehouse and the guy there recommended the htc desire. I had a play with it and its actually quite nice. Usability wise it seems just as good if not better than the iphone.

So i wanted to know if any of you have the desire or would recommend it, and also does it have all the Sikhi apps that the iphone has (Gurbani anywhere, Nitnem etc)

VJKK VJKF

There is not an Android version of GurbaniAnywhere so it would not work on Desire, im not sure about any other gurbani apps for android phones, i havent seen any myself...

I like HTC's because they have windows and i like windows (but mainly like them cuz i got one lol) iPhone is good for apps, but i think quite useless when it comes to takin pics n shootin vids etc

check out the new HTC...

VJKK VJKF

Htc doesnt use windows anymore. It uses android. the apps aint all that.

iphone all the way, especially with the new one launching.

you wont be disappointed.

android is just playing catch up with the iphone technology.

iphone is one step ahead when they launch there new phone in the next few weeks.

Htc doesnt use windows anymore. It uses android. the apps aint all that.

iphone all the way, especially with the new one launching.

you wont be disappointed.

android is just playing catch up with the iphone technology.

iphone is one step ahead when they launch there new phone in the next few weeks.

next few weeks? r u sure?

<br />next few weeks? r u sure?<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Go with the HTC Desire, it's better specced than the current Iphone 3GS for starters. Secondly it runs Android with a Snapdragon 1ghz CPU...which is going to kick off in a big way very soon..(googe Android 2.2 Froyo).

The with Apple is they like to tie you in to "their" way of doing things...you have to pay for everything...nearly all apps you have to pay for, you have to use Itunes, you cant use Adobe Flash which is recognised Web standard (alrhough rumour is the Iphones CPU cant handle it properly).

With Android most of the Apps on the Android martkeplace are all free, HTC are huge they make phones for a lot of other manufacturers (the Google Nexus 1 is made by HTC). HTC sense UI is also very good.

Basially the Iphone has a lot of fanboys, it's popular through marketing. Apple is seen to be "cool". This doesnt neccesarily make it the better phone...it's technically outspecced and out performed by the HTC Desire...wait and see when Android 2.2 brings full Adobe Flash support.

Basically theres no way the Iphone 3GS can compete with the HTC Desire...maybe the new Iphone 4G will bring something to the mix...But Apple should be scared with faster Snapdragon CPU;s coming along and talks of Google develping Android on tablet machines similar to the Ipad...the future looks intresting...Bottom line is Android is fully open source yur not restricted to doing things in Apples way...your free to use what apps you want...which is the way it should be,.

Waheguru JiKa Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Veer Ji/Penji

Daas wasalso in the same dilemma few months ago.

However mostimportant thing for Dass was Gurbani Anywhere App (its well worth it as you know)

The only twooperating software which can handle this App are iPhone and Windows Mobile. Therefore,android was out of question for the start

The otherfactors influencing decision were -

• Data Storage (for gurbani and kathas as Dass do not have a separate MP3)
  • Open Bluetooth to share gurbani files with any other device not just with another iPhone
  • Big screen to read gurbani and other ebooks
  • Multitasking (use my phones MP3 along with other functions like navigation etc)
  • Pictures and Videos (good quality)
  • Voice Recording from Live Smagams
  • Adobe reader
  • Internet

All in allit was clear from the must have list above that iPhone was not for Daas.

Dass wentfor HTC HD2, after three months of using the phone all Dass can say is it isnot a bad phone and Dass is getting all from the wish list. Dass has always usedNokia, so it wasn’t too bad moving away form usual Symbian feel J

Dass hopes itmay answer some of your questions if not all

Waheguru JiKa Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

neemaana