Vienna- What Really Happened?

With all these press reports of memory loss, not guilty pleas and a link to a "radical" Sikh group in Spain. ....What really happened on Vienna Gurdwara?

It's still all very wishy washy.... What made Sant Ramanand stand out from all the other current dehdhari style babay in India? Who are the six charged in Vienna?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If they were Singhs they would take responsibilty of what they done, like real Gurmukhs. They wouldn't be going through a buck passing exercise or plea bargaining with the authorties. Singhs would tak

I certainly don't believe that ramanand was targeted becaus of him being chamar. There are some caste issues in our kaum but i certainly don't think that we reached the level where we start killing ea

Posted Images

http://inform.com/culture-and-lifestyle/charged-vienna-sikh-temple-murder-prosecution-937469a

According to this article

The main suspect, who was shot in the head during the clash and spent time in hospital in an induced coma, said he did not remember anything. According to a psychiatric expert, these claims were "credible".

The five other suspects meanwhile rejected the charges against them, their lawyer Alexia Stuefer told AFP.

"Being at the scene of the crime does not make you guilty," she argued.

Although the five did drive to the temple with the alleged murderer, "they were not aware of his plans," said Stuefer.

"If they had known, they would have stopped him. They simply wanted to see the ceremony," she said, adding that her clients had been "seriously injured" during the attack.

So that means the other 5 suspects are pinning it all on the 1 main suspect who in turn is claiming loss of memory.... Was this then just the work of 1 loose cannon who pulled the trigger, because there seems to be no unity within the suspects?

..or did he have a valid justification to pull the trigger from a dharmic/panthic view point?...for some reason I can't justify it in my head, something seems very wrong about what happened..

Nobody will ever know the truth.. No matter what really happened, i totally supports singhs.

If they were Singhs they would take responsibilty of what they done, like real Gurmukhs. They wouldn't be going through a buck passing exercise or plea bargaining with the authorties. Singhs would take the sentance with pride, I believe all these 6 men have pleaded not guilty and one is suffering from memory loss. Now 5 of these "Singhs" are disassociating themselves from anything to do with the 6th "Singh".

I question if this was this really a "Panthic Sewa" and why was this specific Dehdhari targetted?

In the UK, I have seen the Naamdhari guru sit on a throne next to Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji and several thousands come and matha tek the dehdhari guru. This has been happening for the last 30 years. The Radhosoami guru is always in Europe as is the Nirankari guru as are many others. Yet this does not generate an assisination.

I suppose the burning question was Ramanand then targetted because of his caste?

I certainly don't believe that ramanand was targeted becaus of him being chamar. There are some caste issues in our kaum but i certainly don't think that we reached the level where we start killing each other because of caste differences. Radhaswami and other others are old players and they been thru 80's and 90's and they are very cautious and exactly know what to do and what not to do when it comes to deal with sikh kaum.

Those singhs may not be the perfect example of khalsa but they do have some anakh and stood against something that they believe is wrong in our panth. I would not have done what they did but neither i am going against them as i believe that their actions were not selfish and was for our kaum.

• Like 1

Well the big thing is that post 1984 those singhs who killed an enemy of the sikhs admitted their crime and took the punishment as if the Lord has blessed them. Here we see the opposite so can we really stick by them, defend them and praise them for being cowards!

Guest amar_jkp

Well the big thing is that post 1984 those singhs who killed an enemy of the sikhs admitted their crime and took the punishment as if the Lord has blessed them. Here we see the opposite so can we really stick by them, defend them and praise them for being cowards!

Internet warriors like you and Me have no right to judge these Singhs.

Internet warriors like you and Me have no right to judge these Singhs.

Well, they will be judged by the Austrian courts and the press anyway as soon as the trial begins.

If some people claim that supposed "Panthic" Jathebhandi's endorsed the assination then why have no Jathebhandi's been vocal in backing the 6 "Singhs"??

Also, does anyone even know the names of the 6? If they are panthic heros to you, then tell me a bit about them.

Guest amar_jkp

Well, they will be judged by the Austrian courts and the press anyway as soon as the trial begins.

If some people claim that supposed "Panthic" Jathebhandi's endorsed the assination then why have no Jathebhandi's been vocal in backing the 6 "Singhs"??

Also, does anyone even know the names of the 6? If they are panthic heros to you, then tell me a bit about them.

For ur kind information Delhi Gurdwara Committe has helped them , thats what i have heard . There is a video too on you tube of Sarna talking about this issue and promising support. Check out.

Sarna is well known for creating situation to get political advantage. I will not rate that person having any love for panth.

He is the one who had created, festered and promoted excommunicated persons.

• 1 month later...

http://www.panthic.org/vichaar/1000003

http://www.emgonline.co.uk/news.php?news=9484

Pictures of the Singhs standing trial in Vienna. Has this been reported in the Sikh press anywhere else? Most of the press coverage is the Austrian press....which is repetitive.... even the Indian press have become quiet on the trial.......

post-1686-127910980493_thumb.jpg

Jaspal Singh (35), Satvinder Singh (29), Tasem Singh (46), Sukhvinder Singh (28), Hardeep Singh (33), and Charnjeet Singh (24).

SIKHS ON TRIAL IN VIENNA

Published on July 12, 2010

The trial has began in the Austrian capital for the six Singhs who were arrested in connection to a shooting and brawl at a Vienna Ravidasia temple last year.

A self-styled Ravidasia 'Guru', Baba Ramanand was killed and more than a dozen other individuals, including his assistant were injured during the May 24th, 2009 incident.

One of the Singhs is charged with murder and two counts of attempted murder, the others are accused of accessory to murder and attempted intentional aggravated assault.

Officially, none of the Singhs were identified, but the Vienna public prosecutor's office said five are Indian citizens and that the nationality of the sixth suspect is unknown. However, the press has identified them as: Jaspal Singh (35), Satvinder Singh (29), Tasem Singh (46), Sukhvinder Singh (28), Hardeep Singh (33), and Charnjeet Singh (24).

well what i heard was that this fake baba was sitting in front of maharaj and people were bowing to him and not to guru granth sahib ji

and secondly none of you internet warriors have a right to judge these singhs, for most of you beadbi of maharaj could be going on down the road at the nearest gurdwara and most of you ladoos wouldnt get off your <banned word filter activated> to even have a look. HOW DARE YOU CALL THESE SINGHS COWARDS, TELL ME WHO THE REAL COWARDS ARE, THE ONES SITTING ON THEIR COMPUTERS WRITING ABOUT THE PROBLEMS WITHIN THE PANTH OR THE ONES WHO ARE ON THE ROADS SORTING THEM OUT???