Very Urgent

Guest urgent

Guest urgent

On Sunday 30 May at 1.30pm there will be an open meeting at the gurdwara sahib regarding their party hall.

the issue is the consumption of alcohol and serving non vegetarian food on the premises.

the committee has decided that this matter should be left to sangat to decide whether to allow or disallow.

Sangat decision will be final, it is important that we express our opinions.

the Sikh Temple

6 maidstone road

grays

essex

01375 37 60 86

reg charity: 1123363

this sunday 30 may

1.30pm

please express your opinion

wat do you all think?

should alcohol or meat be allowed on the gurdwara premises?

This has been going on for ages there...i used to live in Rainham, essex for years and have been to loads of parties and weddings at grays gurdwara.....it's true that there is a hall on the premises in which meat and alcohol is allowed....it is downstairs towards the back of the building however in the olden days when people were getting their daughters married off and halls in that area were available of affordable it was an option....i dont know whether parties are still held there or not but the last one i went to there a few years ago definately had meat and sharaab there....i suppose the best thing to do is to let the local sangat decide...

Waheguru ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru ji Ki Fateh

Sandesh issued my Sri Akal Takht Sahib - April 2006.

Any form of intoxicants (alcohol, drugs etc) and preparation or consumption of foods such as meat, fish and eggs are not permitted on Gurdwara property.

• Guru-ka-Langar should be prepared and observed in accordance to Gurus' maryada (tradition).

• No person under the influence of intoxicants is allowed inside Gurdwara property.

• Inside the property of the Guru Sahibs, only the recital of Gurbani, katha, kirtan and reccounting of the Gurus' history are permitted.

• Buildings bought or constructed using the Daswand (one tenth of earnings) of the Sikh Sangat or Gurdwara donations are solely to be used to be used for Gurmat purposes and the betterment of society.

• Anand Karajs (Sikh wedding ceremonies) etc must be performed in Gurdwaras in accordance to Gurmat and the Panthic accepted Sikh Rehit Maryada.

• There is no permission granted for dancing and singing or any acts which go against the principles of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji.

dis is against guru sahib

did the shaheeds give up everything for this

We as sikhs are not allowed to eat meat and eggs but for some reason we think that it is okay to do so in property which is under the Gurudwara i.e that is linked to our Guru sahib

Sangat dont have the right to decide GURU sahib has already

Mods put this in General Sec Why is not dere dis is the most urgent issue at the moment we need create awarneess

Dere is no point of looking like a sikh going to march in central ldn for 17 sikhs or 84 n den not care about dis which is beadbi of mahaaj because this attacks the very teachings of guru sahib

Remeber for Sant ji it was satkaar was more important than freedon thats why he launched the morcha intially

why has mods not transferred dis to general sec nothing else is of any importance

dis is maharaj's asthan being disrespected

dere is no diff between harimander sahib and a gurdwara because maharj is dere

It is still beadbi if it occurs in a hall because it is under maharjas name

if we aint got satkaar 4 maharaj no point of wearing dumallas and acting like warriors

lets give dis thread max exposure so all sangat in UK knows about dis

Guest akal

can we get a link for the Akaal takhat sandesh 2006 plz

is there a gurmukhi and english version?

I think i might need to print it and put it forward to a commitee near where i live

Although this is an important issue for each to act on, are the R4G sevadaars aware of/taking a lead on this? Since they have experience, Sangat looks to them for leadership.

Waheguroo

I think people need to realise that the original R4G campaign fizzled out a few years ago and the structure does not exist as it did from 2004-2007. So as a jathebhandi, R4G is currently non-existant...The issues, however, still are relevant!

In terms of moving this forward. Firstly, in my personal opinion I would pass the buck back onto the established jathebhadi's such as BSC, NSO, SFUK as well as the more dharmic jathebhandi such as GNNSJ, AKJ etc.

Secondly, this is a prime opportunity to get the newly formed Sikh Channel/Gurdwara advisory committee on board. I think it's time to test the limits of the national parbhandaks who appear to be willing to be rather vocal on the Sikh Channel discussion progammes.

Thirdly, your local prabhandak's must get their fingers out of their behinds and start putting pressure on Grays prabhandaks and community to keep in line with Gurmat.