Grays Sangat Votes To Allowe Alcohol, Meat And Tobacco

Guest Reporter

Urgent Report:

Today Grays Gurdwara had a open meeting regarding party hall issues.

We can sadly report the sangat voted in favour of allowing alcohol, meat and tobacco on Gurdwara Premises.

Contrary to texts that went out this morning to stop sangat from travlleing to grays the local sangat decided to allow manmat to continue.

Only 7 Singhs attended the open meeting. They peacefully sat in the sangat and the vote went ahead.

The Singhs got up to leave quietly after the decision was taken. As they walked out of the Darbar Sahib members of the Grays sangat/comitee attacked them from behind.

The Singhs had to rush out as 4 or 5 locals tried to shield them from the attackers.

3 Singhs injured. 1 Hospitalised.

PLEASE PUT IN GENERAL SECTION

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Article for distribution. Please pass to all Sikh/Punjabi Media. 30 May 2010 – Grays Gurdwara (Sikh Temple), Grays, Essex.UK. On 30 May 2010, the 12 man Committee of Grays Gurdwara were overruled b

IF this is true, then this is a real LOW point for UK sikhs. This should be made a big issue out of and resolved. Whats the difference with this and the stuff happening in delhi gurdwaras? nothing.

when I was pleading wid everyone on that VERY URGENT thread to get down there or phone the gurdwara or even post on sikh sangant like they are doing now to increase exposure. I was ignored and it seem

Posted Images

Urgent Report:

Today Grays Gurdwara had a open meeting regarding party hall issues.

We can sadly report the sangat voted in favour of allowing alcohol, meat and tobacco on Gurdwara Premises.

Contrary to texts that went out this morning to stop sangat from travlleing to grays the local sangat decided to allow manmat to continue.

Only 7 Singhs attended the open meeting. They peacefully sat in the sangat and the vote went ahead.

The Singhs got up to leave quietly after the decision was taken. As they walked out of the Darbar Sahib members of the Grays sangat/comitee attacked them from behind.

The Singhs had to rush out as 4 or 5 locals tried to shield them from the attackers.

3 Singhs injured. 1 Hospitalised.

PLEASE PUT IN GENERAL SECTION

IF this is true, then this is a real LOW point for UK sikhs. This should be made a big issue out of and resolved. Whats the difference with this and the stuff happening in delhi gurdwaras? nothing.

• Like 1

If this is true, then the situation needs to be escalated to a national level. Sorry to say no -one takes txt message seriously so there's no real gain in sending them out. This needs to become high profile within the Sikh media such as Sikh Channel, who have some influential weight.

Now the motay prabhandaks and self proclaimed Sikh represantives need to come forward and resolve this issue. If they can have countless discussion programmes on the Sikh Channel about Sikh maslay, then they need to get off those soft Sikh channel sofas and get down to Grays.

I request the Sikh Channel personalities to use their media power and help the sangat destroy these meat/alcohol gurdwara halls..

just becuase you vote for it does not legitimise it, what next a vote for a gurdwara hair stylist? where on earth are all the major jathebandia, everyone talks of satkaar all the time where is everyone now??

as for the committee members, they are nothing but mahants, they should be removed from the gurdwara management. This is a prime example of why only rehatvaan, abhiyaasi, amritdharis should be on committees (or at least make up the majority of the committee). The money making b*stards who voted for this have a nice place in narak reserved for them, same for any of the idiots who choose to hold their alchy meat parties in this place

when I was pleading wid everyone on that VERY URGENT thread to get down there or phone the gurdwara or even post on sikh sangant like they are doing now to increase exposure. I was ignored and it seemed everyone was to busy discussing Mahapursh and other issues at the time that were irrelevant.

Now it has become the main issue after everything has happened.

We could have stopped this but no one cared.

going to rainsbhais, wearing bana, learning santhia are of no use if you are not going to stand up when there is a need.

and to all the Jathebandiya, im sorry but they are all useless. Its all show. How sad you can pack out a barsi, a rainsbhai, a dasam akand path program but you cant even go and stop beadbi from happening and your supposed to Guruji's samaparda, jatha, fauj and do seva for panth etc etc etc. They are all living off the past (im sure there is a minority who are not like that but the majority are useless)

• Like 1

the people that hit the singhs shud b ashamed, the singhs went there listened to their manmut infront of maharaj, that grays sangat want the dead carcas of animals and the gandi sharab to be allowed on gurughar premises and they walked out doing ardasa to maharaj forgive these people, and then they were slapped and beaten. one thing for sure the people that wanted this manmut to happen will never be happy, as maharaj says,"asankh moorakh and ghor" if anything all of us know wot japuji sahib is, and this pangtee is from maharaj's pavitaar bani.

How can we stand back and allow this to happen?????????? do something tell anyone and everyone you know make the awareness grow.

we bow down to maharaj some of us everyday, some of us on jus a sunday, but we do bow down, if guruji didn't do this gand themselves why do we think its ryt for us to do it, I beg all of us let us to stand together as brothers and sisters, as maharajs children and show satkaar for maharaj, do not let this happen!

These people should be ashamed??? SORRY these criminals should be charged with public order offences for assault!!!

This has to be reported to the POLICE right away I want these people arrested.

I'm angry FREEPUNJAB was not at hand because he's now looking into recording and monitoring ALL Beadbi in the UK Gurdwara Sahibs and maybe setting up an undercover Watchdog body to investigate issues such as these and report them to The Charity Commission, The Police or HM Revenue & Customs where these Committees cream of Sangat monies.

Like Gravesend yesterday http://www.youtube.c...h?v=LLZwz-8TrYU

Had there been voting for choosing panj piyare at anandpur sahib in 1969

just imagine what would have happened . We are lucky our master

went by selection and not election

/whatever happened at Greys is really disgusting , we in india have been

struggling that voting right for Sgpc should be reserved for Sabat Surats

only.Lets see how far we suceed

Theres a few veerji, theres one in Birmingham that i know of.. baaki hor v hege :(

Has any steps been taken to stop this slander from taking place?

I have not heard myself if any of this type of places(hall in a Gurdwara) exist in BC, but does anyone know if the same type of things are happening here. And if they are, can someone identify those Gurdwaras. It would be really appreciated.

thanks

WJKK WJKF

This is beyond a joke.

First they have a meeting and you'd think that although its obvious what they should do, they will vote against it, and now they vote for it!!!

I agree with the sangat that something needs to be done, but not just locally but nationwide (if not internationally).

Like someone said earlier there are numerous halls like this dotted around the country.

I personally dont care whether the hall is on the premises, next door or down the road. if the building, committee and/or sangat donations are affiliated with the 'party hall' then it is Gurudwara's property and hence it is WRONG.

Its a money making scam.

WJKK WJKF