Grays Sangat Votes To Allowe Alcohol, Meat And Tobacco

Guest Reporter

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh Sangat Jeo,

While i understand why emotions are running high, HOWEVER i must also remind you all that under no circumstances we will allow personal details of any individual to be posted on sikhsangat.com. Please do keep this benti in mind before posting, thank you!

Gurfateh!

A simple public search on CaritasData reveals the following ironic aims and objectives of Grays Gurdwara committee. Looks like there's too much focus on objective 3 and their "social welfare" objective. Perhaps Sri Akal Takht Sahib and our national jathebhandi's can discuss objective 3 and it's current direct contradiction to objective 1 further with Gurdip Singh and Kewal Singh Grewal.

http://www.charitiesdirect.com/charities/gurdwara-grays-sikh-temple-1123363.html

Registered Charity Number:

Category

Religious activities

Address:

6 Maidstone Road Grays Essex RM17 6NF

Tel:

01375 376086

Aims & Objectives:

3. THE OBJECTS

THE CHARITY'S OBJECTS (THE OBJECTS) ARE

1. THE ADVANCEMENT AND PRACTICE OF THE SIKH RELIGION;

2. ADVANCEMENT OF EDUCATION IN THE SUBJECT OF SIKHISM AND THE PUNJABI LANGUAGE; AND

3. PROVISION AND MAINTENANCE OF A HALL FOR RECREATION OR OTHER LEISURE ACTIVITIES IN THE INTERESTS OF SOCIAL WELFARE WITH THE OBJECT OF IMPROVING THE CONDITIONS OF LIFE FOR THE INHABITANTS OF THE AREA OF BENEFIT.

FOR ALL THE ABOVE THE AREA OF BENEFIT IS THE PUBLIC IN THE BOROUGH OF THURROCK AND SURROUNDING AREAS.

THIS NUMBER WORKS - 01375 376086, I phoned, they were very vague in answering my questions, sangat needs to go in masses to this gurdwara in person, thats all I can say. FOR GOODNESS SAKE ORGANISE SOMETHING! This is more important than any other event at the moment, more important than any rememberance rally, the beadbi is happening NOW.

Put this in your facebook statuses:

BEADBI of Guru Granth Sahib Ji is taking

place. MEAT, ALCOHOL and CIGGARETTES will be allowed INSIDE GURDWARA

PREMISES. The Gurdwara in question is GRAYS SIKH TEMPLE, PHONE

NUMBER-01375 376086, ask them to explain themselves. Try to organise

sangat to tell the Gurdwara to stop. This is totally against sikhi. Put

this as your status if you are really a Sikh of the Guru

I don't know about BC but I live like 6 hours away in America and if you wanna kick some butt come visit us. We recently had to kick out a Granthi that got caught buying beer, put him out on the street at midnight. the 3 currently here have been accused many times but never caught red handed and are creating a scene about leaving.

we have kicked out 2 granthis in 2 years time for drinking. 3 been accused but not found actually drinking. Anyone that wants to kick butt, please visit biggrin.gif

We had this problem in BC awhile back in one Gurdwara. They beat the poor Granthi real bad. Did not agree with how they handled the issue. These types of situations need to be dealt with in a different way. Order the Granthi to come before the Roop of SatGuru Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji as Punj Pyare and call the local sangat to the Gurdwara aswell so then a open meeting can take place. Let the sangat know what he did and let the sangat make suggestion on what should happen to him and then the Punj Pyare give a decision on how to handle the issue. Beating the guy will surely send the message for what a year or two then that beating lessons wears off and he's back at it again.

back on topic, does anyone know if such Gurdwaras exist in BC. The sangat of UK needs to take a stand and stop such slander. Alot of Gursikhs live their so it only takes one to wake up 100s.

lets not forget swindon gurdwara with their hall which gave a reason for the bhai tarmala ji lot (bhai ajit singh ji and co) to make their own gurdwara<div>lets also not forget one of the bhat sabha gurdwaras in bristol which allows meat to be made as breakfast and serve it to bharatis in the morning.</div><div>its a nation wide problem :(  what can be done.. theres no point ringing hankar filled committees .. i think some action needs to be taken like maybe sangat sitting infront of these halls blocking the enterance as much as they can doing waheguru waheguru simran.... dont hurt anyone or say anything. if we can get people to be discouraged from booking them as they know there will be problems each time they do then this problem might go.. i dont think many of these halls are heavily booked and i suppose if its like once or twice every month as many sangat that can go should and plus organize local jathas to come aswell...</div><div><br></div><div>just post dates of events here.. no need to mention whose event or whatever.. make sure theres going to be meat or sharaab. </div><div><br></div><div>just a suggestion :) bhul chuk maaf</div><div><br></div>

Even if the Committee and wrongly voting Sangat try and sort out their mess the damage has already been done in really hurting the feelings of the Khalsa Panth. I think they'd better understand quite quickly what bani has said:

'One who deems himself to be all-powerful, (doesn't he realise that) he becomes mere dust in a

moment? The proud one takes no one into account, but the Lord of Justice humbles and destroys

him.' (Sukhmani : Guru Granth Sahib Jee)

'Our acts, right and wrong, at Your Court shall come to judgement. Some will be seated near Your seat, Some will forever be kept away. The toils have ended for those that have worshipped You. Nanak says, their faces are lit with joyful radiance and they will set free many others.'

(Guru I, Jap : Guru Granth Sahib Jee)

'By getting drunk one forgets the Master and is punished in His Court.'

(Guru III, Bihagara Raag : Guru Granth Sahib Jee)

'Nanak says: By speaking bitter words one's body and mind become bitter. The sour-tongued is discarded in the True Court and all spit in his face.'

(Asa M. 1, // : Guru Granth Sahib Jee)

I think the above should be read by everyone who voted for alcohol/meat and attacked Gursikhs at that meeting.

Mere Pritama Jio

Sikh Channel ji,

can you please take this forward and hold a discussion on this topic, this week. Its a major issue that is causing beadbi of Siri Guru Granth Sahib Ji.. on a daily basis......

Khalsa ji please remember guru jis works "Guru Granth Ji maneyo Pargat guraa ki deh" That Deh/suroop is know being disrespected, we are not living up to the mark, hence any willy nilly takes maharaj and does what they like... this cant go on any more... All Gurughar in the Uk will Be cleaned up.. with the full support of the whole sikh sangat.

Again we request the channel to hightlight this issue... dont shy away.. we need your support to highlight this issue.. we are the only country in Europe that allows such activities... some local singhs will be in touch to offer their seva. Hope to hear your official responce soon. Thank you.