Confused On Jaap

can we do jaap in our mind..?

I read a post here that wen u do jaap loudly, the main thing is wen the voice goes back into u?...so I was wondering cna we do it in our mind and have the same effect as doing it loudly?

hope u understand, WJKK WJKF!!

• 1 month later...

can we do jaap in our mind..?

I read a post here that wen u do jaap loudly, the main thing is wen the voice goes back into u?...so I was wondering cna we do it in our mind and have the same effect as doing it loudly?

hope u understand, WJKK WJKF!!

wjkk wjkf

im not sure but i think as long as you can hear yourself in your mind its ok, but im not certain.happy.gif

Bhagat Kabeer Ji in Raag Gauree on Ang 333

ਗਉੜੀ ਬੈਰਾਗਣਿ ਤਿਪਦੇ ॥

Gauree Bairaagan, Ti-Padas:

ਉਲਟਤ ਪਵਨ ਚਕ੍ਰ ਖਟੁ ਭੇਦੇ ਸੁਰਤਿ ਸੁੰਨ ਅਨਰਾਗੀ ॥

I turned my breath inwards, and pierced through the six chakras of the body, and my awareness was centered on the Primal Void of the Absolute Lord.

ਆਵੈ ਨ ਜਾਇ ਮਰੈ ਨ ਜੀਵੈ ਤਾਸੁ ਖੋਜੁ ਬੈਰਾਗੀ ॥੧॥

Search for the One who does not come or go, who does not die and is not born, O renunciate. ||1||

ਮੇਰੇ ਮਨ ਮਨ ਹੀ ਉਲਟਿ ਸਮਾਨਾ ॥

My mind has turned away from the world, and is absorbed in the Mind of God.

ਗੁਰ ਪਰਸਾਦਿ ਅਕਲਿ ਭਈ ਅਵਰੈ ਨਾਤਰੁ ਥਾ ਬੇਗਾਨਾ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥

By Guru's Grace, my understanding has been changed; otherwise, I was totally ignorant. ||1||Pause||

ਨਿਵਰੈ ਦੂਰਿ ਦੂਰਿ ਫੁਨਿ ਨਿਵਰੈ ਜਿਨਿ ਜੈਸਾ ਕਰਿ ਮਾਨਿਆ ॥

That which was near has become distant, and again, that which was distant is near, for those who realize the Lord as He is.

ਅਲਉਤੀ ਕਾ ਜੈਸੇ ਭਇਆ ਬਰੇਡਾ ਜਿਨਿ ਪੀਆ ਤਿਨਿ ਜਾਨਿਆ ॥੨॥

It is like the sugar water made from the candy; only one who drinks it knows its taste. ||2||

ਤੇਰੀ ਨਿਰਗੁਨ ਕਥਾ ਕਾਇ ਸਿਉ ਕਹੀਐ ਐਸਾ ਕੋਇ ਬਿਬੇਕੀ ॥

Unto whom should I speak Your speech, O Lord; it is beyond the three qualities. Is there anyone with such discerning wisdom?

ਕਹੁ ਕਬੀਰ ਜਿਨਿ ਦੀਆ ਪਲੀਤਾ ਤਿਨਿ ਤੈਸੀ ਝਲ ਦੇਖੀ ॥੩॥੩॥੪੭॥

Says Kabeer, as is the fuse which you apply, so is the flash you will see. ||3||3||47||

TAKEN FROM http://abhiyaas.blogspot.com/2005/12/how-do-we-do-simran.html

Saturday, December 03, 2005

How Do We Do Simran?

Daas feels very upset when ‘Amritdhari Gursikhs’ approach to me and ask ‘how do we do simran?’ Worst of all is when these Gursikhs have been Amritdhari for some time. Majority of the time Daas is led to believe it is not all their fault. Sikhi is a very spiritual religion, infact, probably the most spiritual religion ever created and ever to be created. However, how can we be spiritual and call ourselves Gursikhs without meditation (Simran).

Ik Pal Khin Visrehi Too(n) Suaamee Jaanao Baras Pachaasaa

If I were to forget You, for a moment, even for an instant, O Lord Master, it would be like fifty years for me.

Daas’ opinion is when Abhilaakees (Candidates for Amrit) go to take Amrit, it is the duty of the Panj Piaare (Five beloved ones) to teach these Gursikhs how to do Simran and the Panj Piaare should also be Jeevan vale Singhs, Abhiyaasee Singhs, (very spiritual). This is so they can inform the Abhilaakees about ups and downs that they may face in their lives, different stages of spirituality, Amritvela, Athai Pehar Simran (24 hours simran) etc, so, the Abhilaakees get a fine idea that the path they are going to tread on is not easy and it is the strict path of meditation, leading us in reunion with Vahiguroo again.

Daas is a firm believer in sharing Spiritual wisdom, as it improves our Jeevan (life) and someone else’s Jeevan aswell.

Aap Japo, Avraa Naam Japaavo

(Meditate yourself and inspire others to meditate).

HOW TO MEDITATE

If we have not been taught how to meditate by the Panj Piaare, Daas recommends one should go and present ourselves (pesh) to the five beloved ones, as they will teach us meditation. Daas know of one Jathebandee that carry’s out this type of practice, namely the Akhand Keertanee Jathaa, there may be more. All Panthik Panj Piaare should carry out this type of practice, for the upliftment of the Panth.

BASICS OF SIMRANFirst of all we meditate out loud using our lips and tongue, as you can imagine this type of practice can not be carried out 24 hours a day (Athai Pehar).

KhaR Dargaihi Painaaeeai Mukh Har Naam Nivaas

They are dressed in robes of honor in the Court of the Lord; the Name of the Lord

is on their lips. 3

Secondly comes Swaas Swaas Simran. This is what the five beloved ones teach us, even this practice becomes difficult do 24 hours a day, because of worldly affairs etc. Bhai Raghbir Singh Bir, in Bandginama, talks about this practice, he says, “When you say Vah you breathe in and when you say Guroo you breathe out”

Saahi Saahi Thujh Sunmulaa Kudhae Na Visaaraeo

With each and every breath, I dwell upon You; I shall never forget You.

Third comes meditating in the mind and contemplating the Shabad. So, basically listening to the Mantar and contemplating it at the same time, this can only be achieved through dedication and plenty practice. When we contemplate the Shabad we think about how beautiful Vahiguroo is and he created this beautiful creation, automatically ‘Vah Vah’ (Great, Great) comes out of our mouth; this naturally gives us Naam Ras, Prem Ras, Amrit Ras. Daas will write about this subject in depth later on. Now this is the time we can do Simran Athai Pehar (24 hours) without anyone knowing what is going on inside, but we are in total ecstasy, people will know there is something different about us but they will not know what, as their spirits will be attracted to ours without their body knowing. AURA ENERGY PRESENCE.

Gurmukh Man Samjhaaeeai Aatham Raam Beechaar

The Gurmukhs train their minds to contemplate the Lord, the Supreme Soul. 2

Then comes the fourth stage when the concentration of the Shabad goes in to the Dasam Duaar, this is an amazing stage because life becomes very easy and meditation carries on by itself in Sehaj (peace). We just accept Guroo Sahibs Bhaana (will) as sweet, our mind is not affected by any negative thoughts or actions at all just Anand and Sehaj (peace and poise) total contentment. The concentration has reached the crown Chakraa and there is no coming back down, total upliftment. This stage comes with Mahaaraj’s blessings and past Karam (deeds) plus plenty of Abhiyaas.

Hirdhae Pargaas Giaan Gur Gunmith Gagan Manddal Mehi Dhiaanaanaa

My heart is illuminated by spiritual wisdom; meeting the Guru, I meditate in the Sky of the Tenth Gate.

Oodh Kaval Jis Hoe Pargaasaa Tin Sarab Niranjan Deethaa Jeeo

Those, whose inverted lotus of the crown chakra is illuminated, see the Immaculate Lord everywhere.

Daas would just like to finish off by saying Simran in Sikhi is not about technique for meditation, it is about loving the Lord Vahiguroo and what he created.

• 2 weeks later...