Female Bullying

Guest disappointed

penji, more abhyaas will give you strength. also, stop caring what they think. either they will eventually come around or they won't, if you don't care, then it won't hurt you. i recommend you do ardass everyday for chardikala and for God to raise you above the worldly chakkar of maya moh.

To Genie:

Amrit sanchar existed since the time of the first Guru. Because the line of human Gurus ended with the tenth Guru, the form of the Amrit Sanchar was changed, but it was still the same Amrit (albeit with an added warrior component). This is akin to how all the Gurus have the same jyot in them, but only their outer form has changed. If you want proof from Guru Granth sahib ji, look up deekhya. It clearly states that deekhya (initiation from a Guru) is required. In Kaljug, it is a hard and fast rule to take deekhya, which in our dharm takes the form of Amrit Sanchar. Those without Amrit have no Guru. Keeping hair is just part of the contract that you agree to in order to get this deekhya.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Love

With respect I do not interrupt what you believe in and propergate. I believe in Sikhism not Khalsaism, Sikhism is much bigger than just one martial order. Sikhism allows for difference in opinions and interruptions of scriptures. The scripture quotes you refer to are taken out of context I can give you quotes from gurbani that say the opposite that refer to hindu sadhu's keeping hairs as pointless when they dont even reflect on their creator.

Dear Genie,

While i respect your views, could i ask a question?

If god is perfect, and made us perfect, why would we need to remove anything?

why don't we consider this 'body' / physical vessel perfect?

And if you pluck/shave/wax, it still comes back? doesn't it mean it belongs there? it possibly has some role to play? (our hair)

Personally i believe that this 'physical' body is not ours , we are the 'light' inside this body, and we use this body to experience the beauty of this world.

I have tried not to use religion here, just my insights, and i am sorry if i have offended anyone.

Lots of love.............

Guest disappointment

Thankyou all for your replies, and I wish all of you the best and for you to all to also stand wih your heads up high and to stay strong.

I have taken genies advice and told my sister no to speak to me if she is going to try and put me down.

I pointed out to her that this is a weakness she has as a person who is strong and secure on the inside would never feel the need to put anyone else down, (which is done for nothing more than an ego trip to make themselves feel better about themselves) just as our gurus never did.

So far this has worked! :)

I would just like to point out that I remove my hair and trim the hair on my head as I have have had religious experiences which have led me not take amrit which I cannot talk about, not out of convenience, but because we are not permitted to share darshan with others.

The bullying is not because I wear a dastar, rather because instead of devoting my time to looks and acting fake an superficial as I used to I devote this time to Sikhi and although I have let this bullying get to me, I am so much internally stronger than I was before.

A sikh comes to a point where material objects no longer have the value they once may have and with the knowledge that the world is in fact a dark dark place and rife with sin, my view of life has changed dramatically.

I am no longer in contact with my superficial friends as they think i'm weird as I don't drink and I do paath and have completely different interests to them and my sister and family for the most part are pretty much the same.

My current friends and previous friends (after turning to sikhi) make/made fun of me behind my back, making comments that I dress badly, am not feminine enough (because i'm not an airheaded bimbo although I was before sikhi) and not constantly dressed in short dresses, short shorts and heels like them, and cannot understand why I have never had a boyfriend and don't want one, they tell each other they think I'm probably a lesbian behind my back and although I try my best to keep my head up high through all of it they constantly try and grind me down to the ground.

I have found, from the very day I stopped acting like I was gods gift to man and the source of envy of all women (lol) people began to disrepect me. I became humble and in my recent experiences in this world humble people(a rarity) are like lambs lining up for slaughter in egotistical people's eyes..

I have found that humble people all around me are trampled on and egotistical people, sinful people and people who are beautiful on the outside and ugly on the inside are treated like gods. What this tells me is that the world is messed up in yet another way which I had not realised while I was busy being egotistical myself.

I have decided I've let it get to me enough now and feel much stronger, but I thank babaji for these experiences because if I had remained an airheaded bimbo (following the universal stereotype that is carefully formulated by the media and the elite to keep us ignorant, dumbed down and constantly preoccupied with anything but religion, god and naam) I would never have realised what the world is and how evil ego and the mind and human beings can really be, I would never have been able to recognise kaljug and become closer to Guru Nanak Dev Ji so I thank god for the pain and for cutting my bonds and making my love for god and my desire to reach sachkandh and become one with my master and true father grow stronger.

I truly believe that on the path to god we are faced with so many obstacles and in my heart I know the way I have been treated has been for the best and wouldn't have had it any other way.

Satnam sri waheguru ji, truth is his name oh wondrous god, I pray that my love for you never fades.

p.s I read in SGGSji that other than meditation on the guru, all else is the work of the devil.

I typed in devil in the search engine and heres what came up, I couldn't believe it. God is great and great is his will.

ਜੋ ਸੈਤਾਨਿ ਵੰਞਾਇਆ ਸੇ ਕਿਤ ਫੇਰਹਿ ਚਿਤ ॥੧੫॥

जो सैतानि वंञाइआ से कित फेरहि चित ॥१५॥

Jo saiṯān vañā▫i▫ā se kiṯ ferėh cẖiṯ. ||15||

But those whom the devil has spoiled - how can they turn their consciousness towards God? ||15||

ਫਰੀਦਾ ਥੀਉ ਪਵਾਹੀ ਦਭੁ ॥

फरीदा थीउ पवाही दभु ॥

Farīḏā thī▫o pavāhī ḏabẖ.

Fareed, become the grass on the path,

ਜੇ ਸਾਂਈ ਲੋੜਹਿ ਸਭੁ ॥

जे सांई लोड़हि सभु ॥

Je sāʼn▫ī loṛėh sabẖ.

if you long for the Lord of all.

ਇਕੁ ਛਿਜਹਿ ਬਿਆ ਲਤਾੜੀਅਹਿ ॥

इकु छिजहि बिआ लताड़ीअहि ॥

Ik cẖẖijėh bi▫ā laṯāṛī▫ah.

One will cut you down, and another will trample you underfoot;

ਤਾਂ ਸਾਈ ਦੈ ਦਰਿ ਵਾੜੀਅਹਿ ॥੧੬॥

तां साई दै दरि वाड़ीअहि ॥१६॥

Ŧāʼn sā▫ī ḏai ḏar vāṛī▫ah. ||16||

then, you shall enter the Court of the Lord. ||16||

ਫਰੀਦਾ ਖਾਕੁ ਨ ਨਿੰਦੀਐ ਖਾਕੂ ਜੇਡੁ ਨ ਕੋਇ ॥

फरीदा खाकु न निंदीऐ खाकू जेडु न कोइ ॥

Farīḏā kẖāk na ninḏī▫ai kẖākū jed na ko▫e.

Fareed, do not slander the dust; noting is as great as dust.

ਜੀਵਦਿਆ ਪੈਰਾ ਤਲੈ ਮੁਇਆ ਉਪਰਿ ਹੋਇ ॥੧੭॥

जीवदिआ पैरा तलै मुइआ उपरि होइ ॥१७॥

Jīvḏi▫ā pairā ṯalai mu▫i▫ā upar ho▫e. ||17||

When we are alive, it is under our feet, and when we are dead, it is above us. ||17||

I would just like to point out that I remove my hair and trim the hair on my head as I have have had religious experiences which have led me not take amrit which I cannot talk about, not out of convenience, but because we are not permitted to share darshan with others.

glad to hear that things are better penji.

ineteresting that you have had experiences leading you away from Amrit.... Doesn't make sense in the Sikh dharm that such a thing would happen. There are, of course, various devis / devtay that give darshan to even Amritdhari's, but their darshan doesn't mean that one can turn away from their Guru's teachings. I don't mean any offence, but you need to decide who your Guru is.

Guest dissapointment

glad to hear that things are better penji.

ineteresting that you have had experiences leading you away from Amrit.... Doesn't make sense in the Sikh dharm that such a thing would happen. There are, of course, various devis / devtay that give darshan to even Amritdhari's, but their darshan doesn't mean that one can turn away from their Guru's teachings. I don't mean any offence, but you need to decide who your Guru is.

I believe this has been apart of my experience heer aswell as I have had amritdharis who have looked down on me like I am nothing, these amritdharis have not an iota of humbleness and will never reach sachkandh.

Had I been amritdhari now, I would never have seen this either. Everything happens according to gods will, my Guru and father is Nanak, and what he tells me to do I do.

'disappointment' glad to have helped. Think of these experiences you go through as a test and a learning curb you have to try different strategies to overcome obstacles and haters in life and find ways to not let them distract you from path of Sikhism, love and worship of your creator.

Rab Rakha

Dear Genie,

While i respect your views, could i ask a question?

If god is perfect, and made us perfect, why would we need to remove anything?

why don't we consider this 'body' / physical vessel perfect?

And if you pluck/shave/wax, it still comes back? doesn't it mean it belongs there? it possibly has some role to play? (our hair)

Personally i believe that this 'physical' body is not ours , we are the 'light' inside this body, and we use this body to experience the beauty of this world.

I have tried not to use religion here, just my insights, and i am sorry if i have offended anyone.

Lots of love.............

I dont believe God as made us perfect, God alone is perfect. We are born with some advantages and disadvantages in life, based on karma from our past life experiences and what Waheguru wills for us. We are not made perfect we all have flaws but every soul has the chance for salvation and reach sackhand this is my view and Gurbani's view I believe also. Also gurbani doesn't say go out and try to shape your body to conform to society or what others think, Gurbani is saying all this superficial things we humans do does not impress our lord in the end we came from him and we want to go back to him.

So cleasening and purifying of our soul should be our main goal as a human according to Sikh philosophy. Gurbani doesnt disown anyone who cuts their hair or keeps their hair uncut, nor does gurbani disown meat eaters and non-meaters. Just people with vested interests try to push forward their agenda to make people conform in a particular direction to their sect. Our only spiritual guide as Sikhs should be SGGS Ji itself nothing else, it is the most perfect source of teachings humanity has been blessed with.

So cleasening and purifying of our soul should be our main goal as a human according to Sikh philosophy.
Agreed
Gurbani doesnt disown anyone who cuts their hair or keeps their hair uncut, nor does gurbani disown meat eaters and non-meaters.
Thats your opinion, otherwise there are enough shabads to prove otherwise. Try searching and you'll find them.

Here is one

Bhagat Kabeer Ji in Salok Kabeer Jee on Pannaa 1377

kbIr BWg mwCulI surw pwin jo jo pRwnI KWih ]

kabeer bhaa(n)g maashhulee suraa paan jo jo praanee khaa(n)hi ||

Kabeer, those mortals who consume marijuana, fish and wine

qIrQ brq nym kIey qy sBY rswqil jWih ]233]

theerathh barath naem keeeae thae sabhai rasaathal jaa(n)hi ||233||

- no matter what pilgrimages, fasts and rituals they follow, they will all go to hell. ||233||

Just people with vested interests try to push forward their agenda to make people conform in a particular direction to their sect.
Possible.
Our only spiritual guide as Sikhs should be SGGS Ji itself nothing else, it is the most perfect source of teachings humanity has been blessed with.
Exactly, and there are multitudes of examples of people who abided by the teachings of Sahib Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj (sorry, I like to type it out fully instead of SGGS :) ), and eventually took Amrit, quit cutting hair and quit eating meat.