[Sikh Tv] What Would You Like To See On Sikh Tv?

SikhTV

logo.jpg

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.

What would YOU like to see on Sikh TV?

Please add or discuss ideas of what YOU would like to see on Sikh TV?

Thank You.

Sevadaar of Sikh TV

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Thank you for posting this. I know many GurSikhs would love to see more programs from:

- Takhat Sri Harmandir Ji Patna Sahib

- Takhat Sachkhand Sri Hazur Sahib

Especially Gurpurbs from the 2 Takhats like Guru Gobind Singh Ji's Parkash Divas and Guru Granth Sahib Ji's Gurta-gaddi Divas

Full Speeches of Sri Maan Sant Giani Jarnail Singh Ji Khalsa Bhindranwale - Sikh Channel have only showed a few snippets in the last few days, and this is only because there has been immense Sangat pressure.

Taking up Panthic causes, even if they may conflict with a few peoples' Panjabi opinions/ideology - Sikh Channel has thus far refused to bring air time to the Grays Manmat of Gurdwaras having party halls, even though youth have been lobbying them for the last week.

Waheguroo

Sant Ji's speeches no attacking Akali and other Sikh organisations in order to split the UK sangat from them.

No casteism biased towards one caste

All gurdwaras covered in the UK regardless of their castes

No family to have ownership and final say in Sikh matters

More money sikhs to be involved

SOme decent Sikh female representatives that are representative of all Sikhs of the UK and not just certain groups

No GOI agents on any of our shows (yes we know who you are TSC) :ph34r:

No use of the channel as a tool to stop the Sikhs uniting and asking for Khalistan in conjunction with SGPC & Akali which the current channel is trying to split us with (divide and rule)

No (undercover) partnership with the Sarna brothers like the current owners of TSC (yes we know that too) :ph34r:

Biographies of the gurus lives

VAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA, VAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

Finding this material may prove to be difficult, but how about kids programming...cartoons, sakhis in story book style, etc.

Us old people are set in our ways...how about doing something for the youth. It could be done in cooperation with Sikhnet...

http://www.sikhnet.com/story - needs to be a bit longer and possibly a PPT slideshow in the background playing while the audio is presented? Just brainstorming here.

Not that I am an avie Sikh Channel watcher (U.S. - I get to see on the internet once in a while) - but a program run by the youth for the youth would be great...I am thinking of that Youtube program in which two (Canadian?) Sikhs - one named Bhupinder Singh? - and another Sikh presented relevant topics related to Sikh youth and provided some insight.

Another avenue is possibly a youth "talk show", where Gursikhs with Gurmat Gyan (VERY much preferred to by young and fluent in English language and Western world) do the same as above, in which they discuss issues of the youth, but make it interactive by allowing phone calls to ask questions and provide guidance. The viewers could submit their own questions for possible topics to be aired.

Just thinking...Sikh Channel is all good, but it seems more adult focused these days. Need to sort the youth out.

Course I am a States boy, so you Britons know what is needed there over the pond. Just thinking that a LOT of the youth in Britain (form the few times I have been there) need to know the basics and deal with practical realities of being a Sikh in the Westen world rather than SGPC/AKALIS/POLITICS first, and then they will be prepared to deal with the more mature topics that are on the Sikh Channel and the like. It would be a sad reality if the Sikh youth were fully aware of what Badal is doing to the Panth, but cannot answer the question of what the names of the 10 Gurus are.

My 2 paise.

play santhia dvd by giani thakur singh ji please :)

and also, make documentaries on the lives of mahapursh using their biographies/autobigraphies

sehaj paath of guru granth sahib ji daily

no considring what is politically correct or what seems to be right or popular.. do only what is right as per gurmat.. no immigration shows and things.

cookeryshows with eggless cakes/pizza recipes etc for the lacto vegetarian diet of most gurmukhs

childrens cartooon sikh itihaas films

documentaries on samparda itihases

coverage or if possible live coverage of events vaisakhi holla mahalla diwali etc from india

abhiasi gurmukhs/ young chardikala gurmukhs presenting..fluent gurmukhi lipi needed though

less live shows where people give meaningless thankyous and stuff and the line connection d eosnt even work and takes up half of air time ruins it

less duniavi worldy news about punjab only gurmat issues. we can get our punjab news elsewhere

WJKK WJKF

I agree with all of the above , but would also like a lot of sport, main Kabbadi tournaments, Wrestling to be shown from Punjab, especailly the main wrestling tournaments "shinjs" in Punjab. There is nothing in the SGGS that is against fitness well being and sports and it's an integral part of a Sikh way of life.