Sponsor Me For The Canadian Liver Foundation'S Stroll For Liver

japmans

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh

My brothers and sisters, I know I haven't been very active on the forums the past couple years, but I would like to share a cause I'm supporting.

As you may know, for the past four years, I’ve been participating in the Stroll for Liver, an event by the Canadian Liver Foundation that began in Ottawa after the unexpected death of a close friend’s cousin in 2005. I will again be participating this year, on June 20th, 2010.

At the time, Trisha Nagpal was 18 years old — not to mention, a popular youth leader and exceptional student — and had developed liver disease, and no one could figure out why. Many of the symptoms of Liver Disease are so primitive (i.e swollen feet), that the signs often go ignored or unnoticed. In Trisha’s case, it took just 11 days from the day she was admitted till she eventually succumbed to the disease. Read her full story here.

Furthermore, Liver Disease patients are commonly sterotyped as drug or alcohol abusers. In reality, these are just two of the over 100 causes of liver disease.

I understand that in these tough financial times, we are picking the charities we support with greater scrutiny. If you are unable to support financially, send me a quick email or note with a nice message, and I’ll be sure to share it with the family. Emotional support is often just as important as financial support.

Please click here to make your credit card donation. Unfortunately, cash donations will not be possible without you mailing me cash/a cheque, neither of which I recommend doing. You wil get a tax receipt immediately, via email.

My goal is $1000.00, though I’m hoping to far surpass that. Feel free to pass on this link to anyone you think might be interested. And of course, if you want to fundraise yourself, you can do that as well by signing up as a fundraiser!

With love,

Japman Singh

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh

My brothers and sisters, I know I haven't been very active on the forums the past couple years, but I would like to share a cause I'm supporting.

As you may know, for the past four years, I’ve been participating in the Stroll for Liver, an event by the Canadian Liver Foundation that began in Ottawa after the unexpected death of a close friend’s cousin in 2005. I will again be participating this year, on June 20th, 2010.

At the time, Trisha Nagpal was 18 years old — not to mention, a popular youth leader and exceptional student — and had developed liver disease, and no one could figure out why. Many of the symptoms of Liver Disease are so primitive (i.e swollen feet), that the signs often go ignored or unnoticed. In Trisha’s case, it took just 11 days from the day she was admitted till she eventually succumbed to the disease. Read her full story here.

Furthermore, Liver Disease patients are commonly sterotyped as drug or alcohol abusers. In reality, these are just two of the over 100 causes of liver disease.

I understand that in these tough financial times, we are picking the charities we support with greater scrutiny. If you are unable to support financially, send me a quick email or note with a nice message, and I’ll be sure to share it with the family. Emotional support is often just as important as financial support.

Please click here to make your credit card donation. Unfortunately, cash donations will not be possible without you mailing me cash/a cheque, neither of which I recommend doing. You wil get a tax receipt immediately, via email.

My goal is $1000.00, though I’m hoping to far surpass that. Feel free to pass on this link to anyone you think might be interested. And of course, if you want to fundraise yourself, you can do that as well by signing up as a fundraiser!

With love,

Japman Singh

Just a reminder that there's just one week left for donations. :)