Jehovas Witnesses

BDhariwal

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

I just wanted to have a moan about these people, a few weeks ago i found they had left a load of their booklets in the reception/joray section of Oldbury Gurudwara!!! Do these people have no respect??? (I promptly binned them). Then the other day they gave my mother one of their watchtower or pehar borj booklets written in Gurmukhi at our house...why dont they just leave us alone??? No chance of converting our family when given the choice of Islam or death in Pakistan 62 years ago my grandparents left everything behind and walked 100 miles to India......and they think a watchtower leaflet is gonna make us change our mind.......LOLZ

post-23138-127610930286_thumb.jpg

Guest harminderkaur

Let them do their karma and you do yours. If they come again tell them your happy being a Sikh and if they ask questions answer them because once they realize your strong in your faith they well stop coming. We use to have some come to our house, store, and even the Gurudwara Sahib. We just smiled and let them be, they stopped on their own.

hahaha paaji contrary to your experience one day i was finishing my paath when my mum was like theres some goreh who you can talk to .. i had a 40 minute conversation with them very nice people, they do try to enforce their belief but they couldnt match upto the beauty of sikhi! they said theyd comeback next week to finish our sort of freindly debate afer they did more research about sikhi but to date they havent returned or put anything through the post.. i even saw them on the road but they seemed to miss our house haha :) waheguruuuuu jis sikhi is dhan dhan

Similarly to Sukhjeevansingh ji i also had a conversation with these people and found that infact their fervent wish to spread their "faith" is not equally matched with any personal knowledge of their own faith. I attended a Church School for 7 years and found it to be a very good education and i learned a lot about our Christian friends, however these jehovahs witnesses could not answer any questions i had about certain segments of the Bible which are to say the least, controversial. it seems they just want everyone to join tehir club without telling anyone who joins what they actually do or believe except that everyone else is wrong. This may seem harmless but this is kind of self righteousness leads to extremist cults who will go out of their way to assert their superiority. We have already faced this dilemma with extremist islam in the past and currently with extremist hinduism. Be wary and cautious of their intentions, the individuals may be nice people but their system of faith has nothing to offer which even remotely matches what Sikhi has to offer.

Generally I've found jehova's witnesses to be pretty polite whenever they have come to my house, as soon as we tell them we are happy in our own religion they move on.

I'm shocked that they actually left leaflets inside a Gurdwara, I would suggest that local Sangat members hold a meeting with, or atleast contact the local branch of witnesses and express your feelings about this to them. They have no right to go about doing such things and expect no response.

WJKK WJKF

LOL .. once they come around my nans.... shes punjabi through and through ... (understands a little english but thats it) there these 3 guys there preaching to my nan.... she stands the patently listening (not understanding) and then after about 30 mins their just about to leave and my nan goes one minute ... she goes gets the gutka and starts doing path .. their faces ... so so funny and they sat there listening its so funny - one got up and my nan gave him the look and so he promtley sat down... im still laughing thinking about it

WJKK WJKF

A good few years ago I was sitting in panagt in Barking Gurdwara eating langar and a smart white bloke came and sat next to me with his thaal of langar. He turned to me said "sat sri akal" and started talking. He handed me a watchtower magazine and said that I hope a person in the house of nanak gives some time to read this. As he mentioned Guru Nanak Dev ji's name and he was in the Gurdwara I didn't say much back to him, just smiled. At the time I took the magazine. Looking back at it, it was cheeky of him to be hanging around the Gurdwara striking converstations with people and then handing them over a copy of the watchtower.

Recently they also tried giving a punjabi vhs/dvd to some of the elders in other Gurdwaras around the Ilford area. As they are so polite and approach us in our Guru Ghars most Sikhs give them respect back and take their leaflets.

In the Ilford area there are 2 Punjabi Bibya who go around knocking on peoples houses. They wear punjabi suits, keep their chunniya on their heads and go by their punjabi names (I think one is called Sukhbir Kaur). They strike a conversation with our Sikh ladies/elders in Punjabi and then start the whole Jehovah's witness script. They have Gurmukhi literature, with pictures of Sikhs on them as well as a punjabi vhs/dvd which they try and leave with people.

I'm not knocking them but I think it's just worth being aware of this.

this is what i can remember of a convo with 2 indian women knocked on my door a few years ago,

they said "who is the saviour of kalyug, its Jesus".

me: " do you recognise Kalyug as an entity?"

they:"yes"

me:" then you must recognise Satyug, treta and dwapur?"

they both looked at each other, and half-heartedly said "yes"

me: "can you show me in the bible where any of these 4 yugs are mentioned?"

they: "no"

me: " i know , cos i have read the bible many times. why are you lying to people to sell Jesus."

they: "mumble"

me: "where you born as Jehovas?

they: "no, i was a Sikh, I was Hindu"

me :" why did you become JW?"

hindu JW : "i made an informed decision."

me :" have you ever read Gita, Ramayan, or Vedas?"

she: "no"

me :" on what basis have you made an informed decision if you havent read your own granths?"

they : silent.

me : " come to the path of sikhi. we dont need to lie to others about the truth, the way you seem to have to."

they : walked off quietly.

I closed the door and went inside, but after i thought to myslef, i should have gone around with them, to the peoeple houses, and told them these people are liars.

I just wanted to have a moan about these people, a few weeks ago i found they had left a load of their booklets in the reception/joray section of Oldbury Gurudwara!!!

The Jehovas Witnesses are like the Radha Swami following Sikhs in Punjab - 100% cultist. Mainstream Christianity has collapsed and the Catholic Church is still very anti-Muslim and hates Jews. If you look at Abrahamic or Dharmik they both have failed in the world today. Atheism is rampant and science has become more important than God.

ਜਿਨੈ ਨਾਮ ਤਾ ਕੋ ਉਚਾਰੋ ਉਬਾਰੇ ॥ ਬਿਨਾ ਸਾਮ ਤਾ ਕੀ ਲਖੇ ਕੋਟਿ ਮਾਰੇ ॥੩੦॥

Those who have remembered the Name of the Lord, have been saved, without coming under His refuge, millions are considered as having been killed by KAL.30.