Www.Manglacharan.Com

sikhreality

I do not believe for one moment that Guru Gobind Singh Ji would ask us to do Havan and adorn Tilak this is RSS propaganda it will not work

Yeah I actually just read that.

ਪੂਜਾ, ਤਿਲਕ, ਹੋਮ, ਗਾਯਤ੍ਰੀ, ਸੰਧ੍ਯਾ, ਤਰਪਨ ਧਾਰੋ ॥

Conduct worship, [adorn a] Tilak, [practise] Havans, [recite] Gayatri [mantras], worship at the prescribed times, instill these virtues [in your heart].

What does this mean?

ਪੂਜਾ, ਤਿਲਕ, ਹੋਮ, ਗਾਯਤ੍ਰੀ, ਸੰਧ੍ਯਾ, ਤਰਪਨ ਧਾਰੋ ॥

Conduct worship, [adorn a] Tilak, [practise] Havans, [recite] Gayatri [mantras], worship at the prescribed times, instill these virtues [in your heart].

What does this mean?

I talked to Giani Baba Inderjit Singh Ji about this passage, Baba ji explained that line explains the different puratan [traditional] ways of sadhana.

- Pooja here refers to Worshiping your Isht Guru

- a Tilak is the nishani [symbol] of someone who does Bhajan [worship] of Vahiguru.

- Havans refers to in the Khalsa langar marayda, as in for langar to be cooked there needs fire, and that form of fire provides for the poor, so it dharamik. Havans have also been done by Khalsa Warriors in the past like Baba Deep Singh Ji. Naveen Panth Prakash says about Baba Deep Singh:

ਸੁਨਿ ਬੇਅਦਬੀ ਬਹੁ ਗੁਰੁਦ੍ਵਾਰੈਂ ।ਚੰਡੀ ਚਢੀ ਤਾਂਹਿ ਅਤਿ ਭਾਰੈਂ ।੯।

When hearing about the disrespect at the Gurdrawa [Harimandar], The spirit of Chandi arose within him.

ਸੁਨਿ ਸਿੰਘ ਪਾਠ ਅਖੰਡ ਕਰਾਯੋ । ਹਮਨ ਕਰਯੋ ਕੰਗਨਾ ਬੰਧਵਾਯੋ ।

Baba Ji organized an Akhand Paat and completed a Havan [before heading towards the battle] and tied a wedding bracelet around his wrist [a preparation for martyrdom as death is seen as a merging with their beloved Lord]

- Gayatri mantra here for the Khalsa is this shabad:

ਗੁਬਿੰਦੇ ॥ ਮੁਕੰਦੇ ॥ ਉਦਾਰੇ ॥ ਅਪਾਰੇ ॥੯੪॥

ਹਰੀਅੰ ॥ ਕਰੀਅੰ ॥ ਨ੍ਰਿਨਾਮੇ ॥ ਅਕਾਮੇ ॥੯੫॥

- Sandhya here means worshipping at the proscribed times, as in Nitnem is performed at Amritvela, Rehraas in the evening, and Kirtan Sohila before sleep etc.

We must remind ourselves that this is the scripture of Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji , and don't be so quick to mock it.

I talked to Giani Baba Inderjit Singh Ji about this passage, Baba ji explained that line explains the different puratan [traditional] ways of sadhana.

- Pooja here refers to Worshiping your Isht Guru

- a Tilak is the nishani [symbol] of someone who does Bhajan [worship] of Vahiguru.

- Havans refers to in the Khalsa langar marayda, as in for langar to be cooked there needs fire, and that form of fire provides for the poor, so it dharamik. Havans have also been done by Khalsa Warriors in the past like Baba Deep Singh Ji. Naveen Panth Prakash says about Baba Deep Singh:

ਸੁਨਿ ਬੇਅਦਬੀ ਬਹੁ ਗੁਰੁਦ੍ਵਾਰੈਂ ।ਚੰਡੀ ਚਢੀ ਤਾਂਹਿ ਅਤਿ ਭਾਰੈਂ ।੯।

When hearing about the disrespect at the Gurdrawa [Harimandar], The spirit of Chandi arose within him.

ਸੁਨਿ ਸਿੰਘ ਪਾਠ ਅਖੰਡ ਕਰਾਯੋ । ਹਮਨ ਕਰਯੋ ਕੰਗਨਾ ਬੰਧਵਾਯੋ ।

Baba Ji organized an Akhand Paat and completed a Havan [before heading towards the battle] and tied a wedding bracelet around his wrist [a preparation for martyrdom as death is seen as a merging with their beloved Lord]

- Gayatri mantra here for the Khalsa is this shabad:

ਗੁਬਿੰਦੇ ॥ ਮੁਕੰਦੇ ॥ ਉਦਾਰੇ ॥ ਅਪਾਰੇ ॥੯੪॥

ਹਰੀਅੰ ॥ ਕਰੀਅੰ ॥ ਨ੍ਰਿਨਾਮੇ ॥ ਅਕਾਮੇ ॥੯੫॥

- Sandhya here means worshipping at the proscribed times, as in Nitnem is performed at Amritvela, Rehraas in the evening, and Kirtan Sohila before sleep etc.

We must remind ourselves that this is the scripture of Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji , and don't be so quick to mock it.

Ok thanks that clears up the confusion. And I wasn't trying to mock this Granth I was just asking a question.

I have no faith whatsoever in the Sarbhloh Granth - no1 its called a Puran that is not Sikh no2 they found it like around 100 yrs ago I believe Guru Gobind Singh Ji never mentioned this granth ever and nor do we do tilak and other birpan ki reet things,only have faith in the eternal Guru Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji the ansewer to all the problems

I have no faith whatsoever in the Sarbhloh Granth - no1 its called a Puran that is not Sikh

Firstly, do you have faith in Dasam Guru Granth Sahib Ji ? Because you should look at the section of Shastar Naam Mala - its real name as Maharaj writes it is:

ਅਥ ਸ੍ਰੀ ਸ਼ਸਤ੍ਰ ਨਾਮ ਮਾਲਾ ਪੁਰਾਣ ਲਿਖਯਤੇ ॥

Shastra-Nama Mala Purana (the Rosary of the Names of weapons) is now composed

Now this does not mean this composition is from a previous Purana, because the Shastarnaam Mala is a unique composition and is not a translation of a Hindu Shaastar/Puran.

Sarbloh Granth Sahib Ji is the same, it is a unique composition, its story is not found in any other Hindu Shaastar or Puran.

no2 they found it like around 100 yrs ago I believe Guru Gobind Singh Ji never mentioned this granth ever

So you think it was found in 1910 ? (that is 100 yrs ago...). If that is true why do scholars even mention Sarbloh Granth in the 1800s ?

and nor do we do tilak and other birpan ki reet things,only have faith in the eternal Guru Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji the ansewer to all the problems

Do you believe in the shabad: Khalsa Mero Roop Hai Khaas ? That shabad is from Sri Sarbloh Granth Sahib Ji.

I guess you are against Sri Dasam Guru Granth Sahib as well, and are a product of Darshan Ragi and the other Missionaries.

Why didn't Guru show us Sarbloh Granth then ok not 100 yrs ago but before that I know for sure we have no historical evidence after 1699 or 1708 it may have cropped up during Ranjit Singhs time ,i heard that Santa translated it.Im not writing it off as nonsense it may have some writings of the Guru or Poets but it is most likely that it is not written by the Guru,and this is kind of different from Dasam Granth in the sense it does not have banis which make up Amrit Sanchaar and no ones ansewerd the Tilak issue ,surely Guru Gobind Singh Ji never would ask for that,and oh yeah not Dasam Guru Granth Sahib,but Dasam Granth - only Guru Granth Sahib has the title Guru

and LOL at Baba Deep Singh Ji doing a Havan as IF!

Do not take literal menaings of puja , havan etc. Guru sahib is telling that have naam of lord at heart.

Literal meanings are misleading many times.Missonaries are mischievous ever ready to distort meanings.

only have faith in the eternal Guru Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji the ansewer to all the problems

So you do not have belief in Dasam Granth sahib? One should state what is in one's heart.

Dasam Granth is scared scripture of sikhs as a whole.

heard that Santa translated it

His name is Santa Singh. I wish as sikhs we should be respectful towards other sikhs.