Gurpreet Singh's (the Singh Jee taxi driver who was shot) fiancee from India couldn't take the news of his death & committed suicide.

http://www.tribuneindia.com/2003/20030708/main7.htm

Taxi driver shot in California

Fiancee commits suicide as body is brought to Amritsar

Pawan Kumar

Dabaurji (Amritsar), July 7

“What have I got by sending my son abroad. I have lost him forever”, said the inconsolable Mrs Kashmir Kaur, mother of 24-year-old Gurpreet Singh, a taxi driver who was shot dead by an American of African origin in California on July 3.

He was cremated at Sultanwind, village, near here, today.

Gurpreet Singh had gone to America about five years ago in search of greener pastures.

His fiancee, Amandeep Kaur (22), a resident of Darshan Avenue (in Dabourji), unable to bear the shock took the extreme step and committed suicide one day after the murder.

There were heart-rending scenes in the house of Gurpreet when his body was brought here at 3 pm today. His body was brought from New Delhi, where it had arrived last night from California, by his father and some relatives. He is survived by his parents, a younger brother and a sister.

The incident has put a big question mark over the security of Punjabis abroad. The incident had made headlines in newspapers in America, said Mr Rashpal Singh, cousin of the deceased while talking to The Tribune.

He said the accused American was travelling in Gurpreet’s cab. He refused to give the fare. An altercation followed. In a fit of anger the accused shot Gurpreet dead.

The famil

y members of Gurpreet urged the Chief Minister to take up the matter with the External Affairs Ministry to ensure the security of NRI Punjabis there (America) and to arrest the accused person as soon as possible.

Amandeep Kaur, before taking the extreme step, sent the family members to the gurdwara. When alone in the house she took out the licensed pistol of her father and shot herself in the temple.

She left a suicide note in which she said she was taking this extreme step with the hope of meeting Gurpreet in the ‘next birth’.

It is learnt that her engagement was done with the photograph of Gurpreet and both mostly talked on the telephone.

Rashpal Singh said the Indian government must take a firm stand with the USA for the safety of Sikh NRIs there, as Sikhs have mostly become the target of hate crime after the September 11 attack on the World Trade Center.

Hanjee suicide is BIG sin according to sikhi.... But Would Rab jeee will consider the situation and think of it as not a sin? Like..i mean she couldn't bear the pain and took her own life in very hurry decision.. If she had waited for like a week or so..she might changed her mind.. But anyway it doesn't matter now.. so.. Do u/we still think that she did the sin by taking her own life as seeing her condition/situation..? :D

Veer....i do noy know of this.

it is all up to WAHEGURU JEOO.......like to say what is a sin and what is not!

she has not done anything against the Sikh panth...like any kurehit...which are generally to be punished by Panj Piare...

anyway i hope Waheguru jee hear her prayers that she gets born to a new life and her fiance, Gurpreet Singh may be able to be with her......i think she had TRUE LOVE....yeah that is what it was! anyway......Gursikhs should have TRUE LOVE for Waheguru....mortals are all his beings.... ^_^

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Atum Ghatee Jagat Kasaee

If u kill yourself u are a murderer of the world

God knows what happens ..

if u kill yourslef you are not born into another janam instead your soul wanders like a ghost.. :D

so..i belive it is a sin to take yur life

deep singh...

maybe she had tru love...but not for gurujee or she wouldn't have commited suicide..

Marrn jahee jinaa bisrat raam

Those hu forget Waheguru might as well die

bhull chuk maf pray.gif

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Guest SikhForLife
if u kill yourslef you are not born into another janam instead your soul wanders like a ghost..

i disagree.. i still think only God knows
Marrn jahee jinaa bisrat raam

Those hu forget Waheguru might as well die

yes jee i get reincarnated hundereds of times everyday.. i forget God often

Hanjee suicide is BIG sin according to sikhi....

me confused.. what is BIG sin and what is LITTLE sin? is there a scale for such measurement?

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

if u kill yourslef you are not born into another janam instead your soul wanders like a ghost.. 

i disagree.. i still think only God knows

uhh okkk...KIIR...then disagree...newayzz>>>how do you know???

provide info cause i dunno..& provide proof b4 u disagree

OH...and 1 more thing...dunt say stuff u already b4...hehe...it perplexes me :D ..n' plus we dunt need to hear the same thing over and over again..hehe thanx ^_^

oh and one lastttt thing...i dunt like aguing...wiv scandalous ppl...even if its keeps the mind working :D

if u kno wat i mean...

bhull chuk maf pray.gif

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

I have done some studying on this issue before. And basically here is what happens. Guru sahib has written a destiny on our forehead... to a certain extent. Such as where we ought to end up should we make the right decisions and follow gurmat or manmat. etc...

So we have sets of destinies that could or couldnt happen. Some things are guaranteed to happen by guru sahib and others are not. But every1 has a set life expectancy and way of death (unless they can change this by doing massive amounts of bhagti and thus their karams change).

Now, suicide is manmat as in it is somethign we can do out of our own free will, and guru sahib purposely keeps this out of his plan. Reading bani, one sees that human life is such an enormous gift that guru sahib wants to see how we treat it. If we just throw it away like that guru sahib will not save us from our own misery.

Once somebody commits suicide, they are stuck in that place reliving the same instant of death, the same misery, the same horrible pain and suffering AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN... all as a bhoot or spirit which is stuck in that one same spot. They cry out to those around them, but none of us can see or hear their pleas. I beleive bhai randhir singh jee wrote about one such incident but I cannot remember exactly.

So we are stuck in that misery until the time comes when we were supposed to leave this life. Dharam rai will send his jamdhoots to look, but if we are still so attached to the reason we committed suicide and still so attached to the pain and misery, they cannot even free us.. there is a certain amount of time, not sure

how much now, until they do come back, but at that point the best chance of freedom from that hell (which it is) is if a gursikhs happens to come by or a relative remembers or the plea becomes so loud that those living in that vicinity of the suicide begin to hear and see and start to remember god in that area to help free the soul.

I beleive in bhai randhir singhs story an akhand patt was performed to free that soul.

I hope this helps your understanding of suicide and why you shouldnt do it. If you do it, there is no mercy and you will be suffering in that pain for 50 - 60 years if your young...