If God Is Present In Stone Idol Also , Then Whats Wrong With Worshipping It ?

I don't wish to offend anyone . We know gurus were against idol worship , but gurus never rejected that waheguru is present throughout in sargun roop . It is present in stones as well . If waheguru is present throughout the creation , then why worshipping of a stone is wrong ?

bhul chuk maaf . blink.gif. This is just an innocent question .

VAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA, VAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

Because Sikhism teaches to worship the Creator, not the creation. The issue has been that in Pagan faiths (i.e. Hinduism() that the creation is worshipped and the treue One Creator is forgotten. Hence, Sikhism emphasizes that rememberance of the Creator is most important.

I don't wish to offend anyone . We know gurus were against idol worship , but gurus never rejected that waheguru is present throughout in sargun roop . It is present in stones as well . If waheguru is present throughout the creation , then why worshipping of a stone is wrong ?

bhul chuk maaf . blink.gif. This is just an innocent question .

There is absolutely nothing wrong with worshiping a Stone barring few important details. One, You are under the guidance of a Living Master. Two, you are approach your practice with this thought, that if God is within that Moorti, that Stone, then God must also be within me and all those around me.

Meera of Rajisthan, Bhagat Dhanna Jatt, the Guru of Bhagat Kabir ji were all Moorti Poojak. It is not the Practice that makes the difference, it is the correct guidance from a Master and your Devotion towards your practice that bring forth transformation in your Bhagti.

It is common to get stuck at the first step of this practice as veer ms514 mentioned above me, to forget the bigger picture and speak as if this 'Stone alone is God'. When a Saadhik should move forward to the next step and say, 'this Stone is also God, just as God is within us all'. There are dangers on every path of bhagti, to become aware of them and to be under the compassionate gaze of ones Master is of great importance when walking towards Liberation.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with worshiping a Stone barring few important details. One, You are under the guidance of a Living Master. Two, you are approach your practice with this thought, that if God is within that Moorti, that Stone, then God must also be within me and all those around me.

Gurmat ideals speak strictly against idol worship or any type of sargun worship for that matter. When one truly realizes that God is everywhere he does not remain stuck in idol worship. He remains in highest spiritual state where he forever enjoys anhad shabad. There is no doubt that a human being is much better jooni than stone then shouldn't one start worshipping himself keeping the details you mentioned above in mind? A stone has no divine qualities or knowledge then what can it give to a human being to reach higher spiritual states.

Meera of Rajisthan, Bhagat Dhanna Jatt, the Guru of Bhagat Kabir ji were all Moorti Poojak.

It is a false statement. Bani of Bhagats clearly speaks against idol worship, Vaisnavism, brahmanism, caste system etc. These bhagats speak against authority of Vedas and Upnishds, the same granths which advocate idol worship. Bhagats could not have contradicted themselves. Initially, they started off with Krishan bhagtee, them moved to raam bhagtee when Ramanand left his own guru and finally they came in the fold of Sikhi. Their own bani explains all of this in details. Guru Sahib never practiced idol worship and also wrote against it in bani. Therefore, he could not have accepted bani of those who did not agree with him in practice and philosophy.

Gurbani is clear that one should not focus on creation but creator.

ਚਚਾ ਰਚਿਤ ਚਿਤ੍ਰ ਹੈ ਭਾਰੀਤਜਿ ਚਿਤ੍ਰੈ ਚੇਤਹੁ ਚਿਤਕਾਰੀਚਿਤ੍ਰ ਬਚਿਤ੍ਰ ਇਹੈ ਅਵਝੇਰਾਤਜਿ ਚਿਤ੍ਰੈ ਚਿਤੁ ਰਾਖਿ ਚਿਤੇਰਾ੧੨(੩0)

(ਪ੍ਰਭੂ ਦਾ) ਬਣਾਇਆ ਹੋਇਆ ਇਹ ਜਗਤ (ਮਾਨੋ) ਇਕ ਬਹੁਤ ਵੱਡੀ ਤਸਵੀਰ ਹੈ । (ਹੇ ਭਾਈ!) ਇਸ ਤਸਵੀਰ (ਦੇ ਮੋਹ) ਨੂੰ ਛੱਡ ਕੇ ਤਸਵੀਰ ਬਣਾਉਣ ਵਾਲੇ ਨੂੰ ਚੇਤੇ ਰੱਖ; (ਕਿਉਂਕਿ ਵੱਡਾ) ਝੰਬੇਲਾ ਇਹ ਹੈ ਕਿ ਇਹ (ਸੰਸਾਰ-ਰੂਪ) ਤਸਵੀਰ ਮਨ ਨੂੰ ਮੋਹ ਲੈਣ ਵਾਲੀ ਹੈ । (ਸੋ, ਇਸ ਮੋਹ ਤੋਂ ਬਚਣ ਲਈ) ਤਸਵੀਰ (ਦਾ ਖ਼ਿਆਲ) ਛੱਡ ਕੇ ਤਸਵੀਰ ਬਣਾਉਣ ਵਾਲੇ ਵਿਚ ਆਪਣੇ ਚਿੱਤ ਨੂੰ ਪ੍ਰੋ ਰੱਖ ।12।

Pray Truth for ball and say Satsriakaal!

Dear all and Bijla Singh Jee!

Please do not spread anti Gurmat.

You wrote "It is a false statement. Bani of Bhagats clearly speaks against idol worship, . . ."

The word Moorati occurs many times in Sri Guru Granth Saahib Jee. Not once reverend Gurus have criticized Moorati rather, they have praised it and suggested worshiping it.

Please listen. Gurdev is singing.

ਸੇਵਾ ਪੂਜ ਕਰਉ ਤਿਸੁ ਮੂਰਤਿ ਕੀ ਨਾਨਕੁ ਤਿਸੁ ਪਗ ਚਾਟੈ ॥੫॥੧੧॥੧੩੨॥

सेवा पूज करउ तिसु मूरति की नानकु तिसु पग चाटै ॥५॥११॥१३२॥

Sevaa pooj karao tis moorati kee naanak tisu pag chaaTai. SGGS Ang 208

True Gurus never said that God is not in stones. Therefore, do not teach to hate stones.

Balbir Singh

with all due respect to brother Pheena

There is absolutely nothing wrong with worshiping a Stone barring few important details.
There is no contradiction in Gurbani. Repeatedly we come across the futility of idol worship. Maybe idol worship is fine with other faiths but not Sikhi.
One, You are under the guidance of a Living Master. Two, you are approach your practice with this thought, that if God is within that Moorti, that Stone, then God must also be within me and all those around me.
The only living master for a Sikh is Sahib Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj and our living master never advocated idol worship. Gurbani does say "sabh gobind hai", however urges the seeker only to worship Vaheguru and not the creation. There is an ocean of difference between "seeing" and "worshipping". I can respect my best friend's parents the same way I respect my own, but that doesn't mean I would start calling them mom and dad.
It is not the Practice that makes the difference, it is the correct guidance from a Master and your Devotion towards your practice that bring forth transformation in your Bhagti.
The practice does make a big difference my friend. That is the reason why the Khalsa Panth is totally distinct and unique from other faiths. Our practices are what distinguish us. Aa far as correct guidance from a master is concerned, our master Sahib Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj clearly lays out what we need to practice not just on a daily basis, but each breath.

vadh ghatt bolleya khima karna

bhul chuk maaf karni veerji