Derogatory Remarks On Topix.Com

Waheguru Jee Da Khalsa, Waheguru Jee Dee Fateh

I did a google for Sikh forums and the second search result was topix.com. Quite unfortunately, I was shocked to find it as an unmoderated / uncensored forum on which all sort of disgraceful people are posting comments on Sikh Gurus / Sikh Maryada and using slang language in quite an easy way. There is no control of topix.com on any of such threads, and repeated sending of Feedback to Topix.com have all been in vain. Also, there is no contact information of topix.com on which it can be contacted.

Khalsa Jee- we need to take a serious action on this URL as it is providing a open unmonitored platform for any body to post any slang. As per Internet IT laws, I believe no body can provide a platform for disgraceful people around the world to post any slang language on preachers / Gurus of any religion.

Waheguru Jee Da Khalsa, Waheguru Jee Dee Fateh

There is some information about who topix.com is

1. http://www.topix.com/topix/about

Topix is the leading news community on the Web, connecting people to the information and discussions that matter to them in every U.S. town and city.

A Top 10 online newspaper destination (comScore, March 2008), the site links news from 50,000 sources to 360,000 lively user-generated forums. Topix also works with the nation's major media companies to grow and engage their online audiences through forums, classifieds, publishing platforms and RSS feeds.

Based in Palo Alto, Calif., Topix LLC is a privately held company with investment from Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI), The McClatchy Company (NYSE: MNI) and Tribune Company.

Topix LLC is not affiliated in any manner with Tokyo Stock Exchange, Inc.

2. http://www.topix.com/topix/contact

Thank you for your interest in Topix.

We are happy to hear from you and answer any questions you might have about our company:

If you have feedback or questions about the site, please use our Feedback system.

• If you are a member of the media, please visit our Press Room.

• If you are interested in advertising, please visit our Advertising Page.

• If you are interested in becoming a partner, please go Partners Page.

• If you are interested in employment opportunities, please go Jobs Page.

Topix is headquartered in Palo Alto, CA. For more information contact us at

info at topix.com

Forum content issues are handled only through our Feedback system

There is some information about who topix.com is

1. http://www.topix.com/topix/about

Topix is the leading news community on the Web, connecting people to the information and discussions that matter to them in every U.S. town and city.

A Top 10 online newspaper destination (comScore, March 2008), the site links news from 50,000 sources to 360,000 lively user-generated forums. Topix also works with the nation's major media companies to grow and engage their online audiences through forums, classifieds, publishing platforms and RSS feeds.

Based in Palo Alto, Calif., Topix LLC is a privately held company with investment from Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI), The McClatchy Company (NYSE: MNI) and Tribune Company.

Topix LLC is not affiliated in any manner with Tokyo Stock Exchange, Inc.

2. http://www.topix.com/topix/contact

Thank you for your interest in Topix.

We are happy to hear from you and answer any questions you might have about our company:

If you have feedback or questions about the site, please use our Feedback system.

• If you are a member of the media, please visit our Press Room.

• If you are interested in advertising, please visit our Advertising Page.

• If you are interested in becoming a partner, please go Partners Page.

• If you are interested in employment opportunities, please go Jobs Page.

Topix is headquartered in Palo Alto, CA. For more information contact us at

info at topix.com

Forum content issues are handled only through our Feedback system

Dear Mahan Singh Jee,

I have sent them the feedback 3-4 times with links to derogatory threads, but no action by them. I believe they are running a low-cost model and have left the forums un-monitored / un-censored.

I was active on Topix Sikh forum around a year ago, trying to act as an unofficial moderator, but to no avail. There's just too much derogatory stuff being posted ALL the time. I even contacted them to ask if they could assign me a moderator position, but they did not reply.

The behaviour on that forum is disgusting, just as equally from people calling themselves "Sikhs", but who spit out filth as bad as others.

Some sort of action needs to be taken, I just don't know what :(

Bul chuk maaf

WJKK WJKF

• 2 weeks later...

Best course of action is to contact the isp of the web host and register complaints, the guys at topix are deliberately leaving their forums unmoderated to gain popularity. All religions all races all sorts of subjects are abused, this is not just a Sikh issue.

Best course of action is to contact the isp of the web host and register complaints, the guys at topix are deliberately leaving their forums unmoderated to gain popularity. All religions all races all sorts of subjects are abused, this is not just a Sikh issue.

And please also tell how to find which is the isp for this URL.

And please also tell how to find which is the isp for this URL.

Registrant:

c/o TOPIX.COM

P.O. Box 821650

Vancouver, WA 98682

US

Registrar: DOTSTER

Domain Name: TOPIX.COM

Created on: 02-MAR-95

Expires on: 03-MAR-15

Last Updated on: 24-MAY-10

Administrative Contact:

c/o TOPIX.COM