Dastaar And Uk Airports ?

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕਾਖਾਲਸਾਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕੀਫਤਿਹ

will be flying out from birmingham international airport just wondering do they pat ur Dastaar down if it lets off the metal detector ? or they pat it down no matter what ? n also does anyone know the law curremtly in place? Surly they wear disposable gloves ?? do they take you to a room ?

Thanks

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕਾਖਾਲਸਾਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕੀਫਤਿਹ

will be flying out from birmingham international airport just wondering do they pat ur Dastaar down if it lets off the metal detector ? or they pat it down no matter what ? n also does anyone know the law curremtly in place? Surly they wear disposable gloves ?? do they take you to a room ?

Thanks

They use a metal detector to search your dastar, so best thing would be to make sure you have nothing in your dastar that can be detected. but if they detect something they will take you into a room not to sure if they wear gloves.

I'v heard that the current law allows them to search what ever they want but i'v never heard them search someone's dastar in Birmingham airport, i know they do it in london.

I went last year october so i dont know if they have changed since then

Check out the following discussion:

http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?/topic/53672-sikh-federation-uk-launch-urgent-campaign-for-respect-for-dastaar-at-european-airports/page__p__465200__hl__campaign__fromsearch__1entry465200

The link to the EU Regulation that came into effect on 29 April 2010 in the letter on the Sikh Federation (UK) web site is particularly helpful:

http://www.sikhfederation.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=161:sikh-federation-uk-launch-urgent-campaign-for-respect-for-dastaar-at-european-airports&catid=35:news

Those that work at Birmingham Airport suggest this has already been put into effect.

Heathrow Airport were to start on 1 July 2010, but this has been delayed until 15 July 2010.

PLEASE WRITE TO YOUR MP NOW