Faridkot Wala Teeka

I just got the Faridkot Wala Teeka and want to know if there are any problems with the translation. Some say that the translation is geared more towards hindu views.

There is absolutely no problem with it, problem is with modern narrow-minded puritanical thinking.

Sant Giani Gurbachan Singh Ji used to read from it, as did all the Puraatan Taksali Mahapursh.

All puraatan Sampardaas accept it.

This teeka promotes vaishnav over gurmat. Its metaphors are too much on vishnu and hari-sant bhagti. No teeka is perfect but i doubt anyone can translate agam agadh agochar nirankar into words.

I'm sorry, but Thats just a load of rubbish.

These sorts of statements are, unfortunately, a testiment to the ultra anti-hindu / hindu-phobic mentality that exists today.

The Faridkot Teeka is used by all puraatan Sampardas. And, as I said before, one of the most learned katha-vachak brahmgiani of the past century, Sant Giani Gurbachan Singh Ji used to read this teeka.

This teeka promotes vaishnav over gurmat. Its metaphors are too much on vishnu and hari-sant bhagti. No teeka is perfect but i doubt anyone can translate agam agadh agochar nirankar into words.

Please can you use examples from the teeka, for us to better understand the question.

I think people say it leans more towards hindu views because it uses examples from

hindu granths.

• 3 weeks later...

hindu mythology examples are taken in gurbani by guru sahib ji to explain

the point of viewclearly, so whosoever does teeka is bound to describe these,

further any new ideology takes influence from the existing ones , hence to

explain our point of view the we can use examples from mythology or

the folklore

The Faridkot Wala Teeka is the oldest and best resource with regards to the Guru Granth Sahib Ji as it contains the uthanikas whilst others do not do so. It is in complete harmony with Gurmat and their are no issues with it.

Kam1825 veer ji is 100% correct. There is no problem with the Faridkot Wala Teeka, the problem arises due to our misunderstanding and lack of knowledge.