Loh Mushti - Iron First Fighting Video - Niddar Singh Nihang

caveman

Loh Mushti - Iron Fist Fighting [English]

Nihang Niddar Singh demonstrates and expands upon the history and technique employed by Hindu Sikh Soldiers in Loh Mushti, a means of fist fighting whilst wearing an iron bracelet. This clip is intended purely for educational and informational purposes and it not meant to be an instructional video. Attempts to copy the techniques shown could lead to injury.

Posted by Sukha Singh on Sunday, July 4, 2010

Nihang Niddar Singh demonstrates and expands upon the history and technique employed by Hindu Sikh Soldiers in Loh Mushti, a means of fist fighting whilst wearing an iron bracelet. This clip is intended purely for educational and informational purposes and it not meant to be an instructional video. Attempts to copy the techniques shown could lead to injury.

Everyone should be able to see the video even if you dont have a facebook account.

Note to Mods : I hope this topic is kept in this section and not moved to any other section.

http://www.facebook....oid=26608290120

Everyone should be able to see the video even if you dont have a facebook account.

Note to Mods : I hope this topic is kept in this section and not moved to any other section.

What this niddar is talking about has never been referenced in the puranas or the vedas, as for vajramushti that was performed using knuckle dusters/nakhas and was part of a wider training involved in indian wrestling. How do i know this you ask, i have many friends in southern and middle india who are linked to wrestling akharras that still practice this sort of art basically vajramusti.

Yes i agree that karas were used in form of strikes to the body but not really as this niddar is explaining....sorry mr niddar singh for ruining your fun.

What this niddar is talking about has never been referenced in the puranas or the vedas, as for vajramushti that was performed using knuckle dusters/nakhas and was part of a wider training involved in indian wrestling. How do i know this you ask, i have many friends in southern and middle india who are linked to wrestling akharras that still practice this sort of art basically vajramusti.

Yes i agree that karas were used in form of strikes to the body but not really as this niddar is explaining....sorry mr niddar singh for ruining your fun.

Firstly you accept that vajramusti existed, then you also accept that karas were used to strike the body, if the way Niddar Singh has shown is not the real way this combat was carried out, then please explain how it was done. Where in the video has Niddar Singh stated that vajramushti and lohmushti are reffered in the puranas or vedas?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I have studied wing chun and what this Niddar is using is wing chun. He has re-packed it and re-named it Loh Mushti and added a kara in his hand! :6

Where he refers to the pertection of the beard, in wing chun and boxing its referred to as the center-line (regardless of having facial hair).

Plagerist. :o

Check the video link below and it is the most effective martial art around.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0NhqTNby-k&feature=related

In the Akhara we have many students who have learnt or are learning other arts. Students from backgrounds with experience in Wing Chun, Muay Thai, Boxing, Kickboxing, Praying Mantis, Escrima etc All these students soon appreciate how different the Vidiya is from what they have learnt or seen before, surely the Wing Chun students who have done 10+ yrs training would come to the same conclusion as you? Ontop of that, the Vidiya has been demonstrated at a number of martial arts seminars where world class and top ranking instructors have appreciated the art and acknowledged that it is an unadulterated battlefield killing art.