Meat Being Served In Langar

VahiguruJiKaKhalsaVahiguruJiKiFateh

Gurdwara Guru Tegh Bahadur Sahib in Southampton UK has been serving meat in 'langar' for many years without being challenged by any UK Sikh organisation or jathebandi. This video is evidence to those who feel they can keep ignoring this beadbi to Guru Granth Sahib. These corrupt committee members are today's massa rangas. The least the UK sangat can do is disassociate themselves from this Gurdwara and contact Akal Takht Sahib to throw these corrupt committee members out of the panth.

There are many other gurdwaras around the country that do the same thing. How long can we keep ignoring this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DUM1iaSfZs

VahiguruJiKaKhalsaVahiguruJiKiFateh

Gurdwara Guru Tegh Bahadur Sahib in Southampton UK has been serving meat in 'langar' for many years without being challenged by any UK Sikh organisation or jathebandi. This video is evidence to those who feel they can keep ignoring this beadbi to Guru Granth Sahib. These corrupt committee members are today's massa rangas. The least the UK sangat can do is disassociate themselves from this Gurdwara and contact Akal Takht Sahib to throw these corrupt committee members out of the panth.

There are many other gurdwaras around the country that do the same thing. How long can we keep ignoring this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DUM1iaSfZs

If these people of Southampton want a dirty greasy English fry up then they can go down to the Little Chef.

This scum of a committee has no right to abuse the maryada of Langar by mixing their manmat....All these self-appointed leaders who stand up in Hyde Park or on the Sikh Channel need to "man up" and abolish these practices taking place in some Gurdwaras run by the Bhatra community. Either that or kick them out of your little Gurdwara network club.....

NB.. I am not branding all Gurdwaras run by committees from the Bhatra community. As far as I know this practice is only carried out in Southampton and Cardiff Gurdwaras....Apologies in advance if I offend...

Its the same in every bhatra gurdwara.

I've been in that Gurdwara off of Derby Road in Southampton. Before you notice any beadbi the first thing that strikes you as very odd and feels very un-sikhi is the way in which the male elders seem to be given more respect than Guru ji. Its just so backward and doesn't feel very Punjabi or Sikh at all. The women are big on 'chunde'...i.e full parda of the face when the male in-law is in sight. So you get all these women on one side covering their faces....lest a male relative sees the face. And yet they'll matha tek in front of guru ji looking like a gypsy queen with a hideous amount of tacky gold on display.

I didn't have langar there so I can't comment on the truth or otherwise about meat in langar, but......I did hear from the bhatras themselves about their fondness of the bhatra delight dish of 'trotters' ( a very poor working class dish of pigs feet )

One thing you will have all noticed though is this : All the shers and bahadurs who kept talking about going down to 'Grays' gurdwara and sorting them out have gone incredibly silent since finding out how this practice is and has been widespread among the bhatra and ramgharia sikh community for a long time.

Its the same in every bhatra gurdwara.

I've been in that Gurdwara off of Derby Road in Southampton. Before you notice any beadbi the first thing that strikes you as very odd and feels very un-sikhi is the way in which the male elders seem to be given more respect than Guru ji. Its just so backward and doesn't feel very Punjabi or Sikh at all. The women are big on 'chunde'...i.e full parda of the face when the male in-law is in sight. So you get all these women on one side covering their faces....lest a male relative sees the face. And yet they'll matha tek in front of guru ji looking like a gypsy queen with a hideous amount of tacky gold on display.

I didn't have langar there so I can't comment on the truth or otherwise about meat in langar, but......I did hear from the bhatras themselves about their fondness of the bhatra delight dish of 'trotters' ( a very poor working class dish of pigs feet )

One thing you will have all noticed though is this : All the shers and bahadurs who kept talking about going down to 'Grays' gurdwara and sorting them out have gone incredibly silent since finding out how this practice is and has been widespread among the bhatra and ramgharia sikh community for a long time.

Don't pass the buck by belittling the passion of these "shers and bhadurs" for attempting to "sort things out" as it's more than what other influential Sikhs have done in the last 26 years towards corrupt Gurdwara practices in the UK

The pendu elder leadership are divided in their caste/cultural groups, there has been little attempt to abolish this practice of meat being served as Guru Ka Langar in some Gurdwaras run by sangat linked to the Bhatra community. Most of the mainstream leadership, who will be of the "blue-blooded" Jatt background, would avoid associating with Bhatras or Ramgharias or any other non-Jatt group.

The Bhatra community in their isolation have developed some customs which mainstream Sikhs may find unusual. However, the distribution of meat as Langar is a sacrilegious offence to Akal Takht Maryada regardless of which group is doing it. The visible self appointed leadership of the UK Sikhs (FSO, SFUK, BSC etc) or the various dharmic UK jathebhandis such as AKJ UK, GNNSJ or any other official body have never been able to snap out of the pendu caste mould and have isolated the Bhatras which has indirectly encouraged this manmat practice.

....we all know this has been going on for ages...as young members of the UK Sikh community we deserve an award for pointing things out way after the beadbi has already made it's mark.... most of the sangat have known this for ages BUT conveniently take the option of not bothering to do anything about it and our jatt pendu leadership simply ignores the beadbi because it suits them not to speak to a bhatra...Incidentally in Scotland ALL THE LOCAL SIKHS got together and through dialogue stopped this practice which was happening in some Gurdwaras in Glasgow and Edinburgh....

If this discussion gets no further than caste then we have no chance of changing this practice.

Please now step forward and take personal responsiblility of clearing the beadbi that takes place in this Gurdwara and the 14 other UK Gurdwaras which promote meat and alcohol on Gurdwara premises (including party halls).

Southampton

Gurdwara Tegh Bahadur Sahib

Bhatra Sabha

8 Clovelly Road,

Southampton

SO2 0AU

02380 224 744

London

Ramgarhia Sikh Association

Masons Hill,

Woolwich, London,

SE18 6EJ

020 8854 1786

Swindon

Shri Guru Nanak Gurdwara

Kembrey Street

Swindon,

SN2 8AZ

Essex

Sikh Temple (Grays),

6 Maidstone Road,

Grays, Essex,

RM17 6NF.

01375 376 086

Birmingham

Ramgharia Sikh Temple

6-9 Graham Street,

Birmingham,

B1 3LA

0121 236 5435

Birmingham

Ramgarhia Gurdwara

27-29 Waverley Road

Small Heath

Birmingham

B10 OHG

0121 771 0680

Coventry

Ramgharia Gurdwara Coventry

1103 Foleshill Road

Coventry CV6 6EP

024 7666 3048

Leicester

Ramgarhia Gurdwara Leicester

51 Meynell Road

Leicester

LE5 3NE

0116 221 6187

Dudley

Sri Guru Nanak Singh Sabha Gurdwara

118 Wellington Road,

Dudley,

West Midlands

DY1

01384 253 054

Wolverhampton

GURU RAVIDASS GURDWARA

181 Dudley Road,

Wolverhampton.

WV2 3RD

Telephone: 01902 822 958

Telford

Guru Nanak Gurdwara

1 Hadley Park Road,

Hadley,

Telford,

Shropshire

Leeds

Ramgharia Board Leeds.

8-10 Chapeltown Road,

Chapeltown,.

Leeds,

LS7 3AP.

Tel: 0113 262 5427

Sunderland

Guru Gobind Sikh Temple (Sunderland Sikh Association)

Ashbrooke Hall,

The Cloisters,

Sunderland,

County Durham

SR2 7ED

0191 5672939

Huddersfield

Guru Nanak Gurdwara

Prospect Street

Huddersfield

HD1 2NK

(01484) 423773

Cardiff

Nanak Darbar Bhat Sikh Temple

18 Copper Town,

Adamstown,

Cardiff

South Glamorgan

Wales

Why are we talking about caste?? Beadbi is happening at a Gurdwara and all we're good for is fight over caste and who's better? By saying Jatts are bad it doesnt make you better or bashing other castes doesnt make you better either. No wonder why this is happening. If instead of doing anything all we do is sit here blaming it on castes? Why can't everyone admit that anyone can be at fault. Whether it be Jatts or any other caste.

Man shame on you guys arguing over stupid stuff. How about instead of blaming each other you guys go out and try to stop beadbi happening to Guru Ji. But no because all we are good for is to sit here and argue about which "caste" is to blame.

Gursa Veerji's right. We can't stop it if we just sit here arguing.

Bhul Chuk Maaf.

Guest SikhSangat

4 replies deleted. Keep discussion mature and don't bring caste rel;ated fights on our forums. future replies/posts whether on anti-jatt or anit-bhatra will get you "under-moderation" status. Keep it civil please.

Plp why are we talking caste, i hate it. I come from a bhatra background, some serve meat, in gurdwaras, most jatts and tharkans i know all smoke and vaisakhi to them is getting mashed. You call these plp twats, regardless what castes they are. I will enquire with a few friends i know who may talk to these plp to see what they have to say. Lets not talk caste lets keep it sikhi. And dont paint all everyone with the same brush.

Lets not talk caste lets keep it sikhi.

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

Well said. This is not a caste issue, this is a Sikh issue and we have to realise this.

It's now time to step up the game and drag our Sikh leaders by the arm to these Gurdwaras where meat and alcohol are allowed and force them to do something. The sangat need to claim Sikhi back from these manmat anti-Sikh committees who have abused their positions for too long now.

15 Uk Gurdwara committees abuse Sikh principles and Southampton is one of them.