Meat Being Served In Langar

The UK Sikh Sangat doesnt seem to see this as an issue. The locals of Southampton have been ignoring this issue for many years. Now there is video evidence it still hasnt shaken anyone's soul. The sacha sauda by Guru Nanak has been reduced to a greasy fry up of eggs beans and meat!

My contact from inside Guru Tegh Bahadur Gurdwara has confirmed that the committee has not received one phone call from any prominent UK Jathebandi or Sikh individual.

We are trying our best to stop this beadbi however we need pressure from other Gurdwaras and Organisations

SouthamptonBhujangi Ji,

I know it's a massive cop out to say this.... but I think that the mainstream Sikh community and leadership are almost accepting to this beadbi because it's in a "Bhatra" run Gurdwara and as many of us have our inner prejudices I'd say this strongly influences the acceptance of a beadbi on the richter scale. I don't think the leaders or community are seeing the issue as having any "shock value" because they all know this has been happening for many years.

It was easier to convince the committees of Singh Sabha Southall, Smethwick, Singh Sabha London East, FSO, SFUK to contact Gravesend Gurdwara about the Bollywood outdoor cinema which hit high on their beadbi scale then the English fry up "langar" served in the Southampton Gurdwara.

Sorry for not having anything constructive to say at this stage. Looks like our own pendu prejudices have put us into a state of hypocrisy when it comes to hand picking beadbi.

I spend most of my time at work these days but I caught a bit of Sikh Channel last night, and correct me if I'm wrong but, I noticed from their trailers that they have indeed responded to your question about what they intend doing about the video which shows bacon, eggs and chicken being served in the langar at the bhatra Gurdwara in Southampton. From what I saw on Sikh Channel last night they are so pleased with the Guru Tegh Bahadur Gurdwara in Southampton that they are gonna reward them, in the coming week by doing a programme live from there.

Above is a post from another thread. I must confess I don't watch Sikh Channel as much as I used to...

Perhaps the Sikh Channel can confirm the langar "menu" on the day. I hope the bacon rashers are the soya ones!

If nothing, the programme can serve as a good opportunity for the concerned UK to visit the Gurdwara and get some LIVE updates from the committee whilst this is transmitted by satellite to over 1 million Sikhs worldwide. Can be interesting....

I spend most of my time at work these days but I caught a bit of Sikh Channel last night, and correct me if I'm wrong but, I noticed from their trailers that they have indeed responded to your question about what they intend doing about the video which shows bacon, eggs and chicken being served in the langar at the bhatra Gurdwara in Southampton. From what I saw on Sikh Channel last night they are so pleased with the Guru Tegh Bahadur Gurdwara in Southampton that they are gonna reward them, in the coming week by doing a programme live from there.

Above is a post from another thread. I must confess I don't watch Sikh Channel as much as I used to...and don't have too high expectations from them at the moment. Is the programme being aired to address the greasy fry up langar issue or just another Gurdwara committee self promotion show??

Perhaps the Sikh Channel can confirm the langar "menu" on the day. I hope the bacon rashers are the soya ones!

If nothing, the programme can serve as a good opportunity for the concerned UK to visit the Gurdwara and get some LIVE updates from the committee whilst this is transmitted by satellite to over 1 million Sikhs worldwide. Can be interesting....

Sikh Channel are filming at this Gurdwara on 21 August for the Panth Paneeri programme. It's aimed at kids and I suspect the Sikh Channel will not be addressing the controversial sausage, bacon and eggs langar scenario

Any queries can be directed to info@sikhchannel.tv or telephone 0121 380 1050 (they can also be PM'd on this forum). I think as direct debit supporting stakeholders of the Sikh Channel, we have the right to polietly request the Sikh Channel to obtain a statement from the committee of Guru Tegh Bahadur Gurdwara Southampton on behalf of the UK sangat regarding their abuse of the langar....

Sorry Southampton Bhujangi,

There's absolutely no interest from the UK Sikhs in taking this issue forward. Even attempted getting in touch with the likes of Joga Singh and Amrik Singh of the Federation of Sikh Organisations. No one wants to do anything about it. They see it a non-issue.

In the absence of the Sikh Leadership and Sikh Channel wanting to help, can anyone else suggest another course of action?

Press Stop

Can I just get this straight for a second, Southampton Gurdwara are serving meat blatently in Gurus langar and organisations such as Sikh Federation etc have not taken this up?

Are there any media organisations that have taken this up? I can help get the word out if there is anyone already working on this case...?

Sikh Channel are filming at this Gurdwara on 21 August for the Panth Paneeri programme. It's aimed at kids and I suspect the Sikh Channel will not be addressing the controversial sausage, bacon and eggs langar scenario

Any queries can be directed to info@sikhchannel.tv or telephone 0121 380 1050 (they can also be PM'd on this forum). I think as direct debit supporting stakeholders of the Sikh Channel, we have the right to polietly request the Sikh Channel to obtain a statement from the committee of Guru Tegh Bahadur Gurdwara Southampton on behalf of the UK sangat regarding their abuse of the langar....

Let us protest on 21 August then.