Meat Being Served In Langar

also can u explain the significance of meat being allowed in hazur Sahib and various other gurdwaras.

There are many aspects of Hazoor Sahib maryada that do not seem to be in line with the maryada instructed by Akaal Takht Sahib (who are still the recognised supreme seat of Sikh religious policies). As per the Rehit Maryada issued by Akaal Takht Sahib within the Gurdwara, the Guru ka Langar (Guru's community kitchen) serves purely lacto-vegetarian food.

Hazoor Sahib and some other Gurdwaras do operate their own maryada. However, it is not for us to argue against what the consensus of GurSikhs instruct from Akaal Takht Sahib even though another Takht or Gurdwara decides to follow their own maryada.

I've been there a few times and have seen it with my eyes,that clip is from 2006 ,they corrected any mistakes and no meat is served there! They have another building with it's own pots and pans and cutlery! I think the person who set this up is a muppet!

Guest ASH SINGH

I AGREE CASTE SHOULDN'T BE THE ISSUS AS WE ARE ALL THE SAME , THIS IS SURELY A PROBLEM THAT SHOULDB'T OFF HAPPENED AND AS IT HAS HAPPENED AND WE ARE ONLY HUMAN AND BEENIN HUMAN WE DO ALL MAKE MISTAKE, IN LIFE URE GIVEN A SECOND CHANCES AND GET GIVEN THE CHANCES THIS MISTAKE WILL NEVER HAPPEN EVER AGAIN AS WE AS HUMAN WE LEARN FROM OUR MISTAKE SO WE MAKE SURE THE NEXT GENERNATION DON'T MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE WE HAVE

Guest ASH SINGH

I've been there a few times and have seen it with my eyes,that clip is from 2006 ,they corrected any mistakes and no meat is served there! They have another building with it's own pots and pans and cutlery! I think the person who set this up is a muppet!

I AGREE, THE QUESTION HAS 2 B IS WHY HAS SOME1 WAITED 4 YRS WHEN SURELY THEY COULD OFF HAVE DONE THIS B4

I think some members of the Southampton community, who have recently started posting on sikhsangat.com, are spending too much time focusing on the "intentions" or "age" of the posted video clip.

Please look at the issue at hand Let's move forward. If the committee/local sangat of Guru Tegh Bahadur Gurdwara Southampton have abolished the serving of meat in the langar hall or any other Gurdwara building then they should release an official statement to this effect. Life is all about 2nd chances.

Unfortunately, any non-response will just been interpreted as the Committee/local sangat still allowing this practice and are therefore in violating Akal Takht Sahib Sandesh.

The Committee can officially contact Satkaar@hotmail.co.uk or call them 07507330548 or issue a statement in the Punjabi media saying they do not allow meat, alcohol, parties on the properties of the Gurdwara. From the postings of the Southampton community, it appears that the English breakfast is still served to the Sangat in a Gurdwara owned building.

Guest southamptonsingh

A statement is forthcoming.

I would like to ask how credible UKGSTSEVA is after watching this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HduXkKbg90g

I have loads of issues as to the content of this clip.

My main issue is 47 seconds into the clip it suggests meat was being served whilst Das was upstairs.

Pyaaraa. Reading this statement would you say it incorrectly implies whilst Das was performing Ardas meat was being served downstairs.

How do you think a third party viewing this clip waould perceive this Gurudwara. Do you think it is intentionality misleading.