Grave Concerns For Gravesnd Sangat

sall

Having spoken to Narinderjit Singh, your comments are incorrect, he made his views known that a religious film should be shown.

Besides no one cares about groups Sewa Singh Lalli (AKJ) or otherwise....youngsters look at this kind of stuff with dispair

This is getting petty and boring now.

Given it is cancelled - Get over it and move on with your life.

Having spoken to sewa singh, your comments are incorrect, narinderjit singh made his views very clear that he is in favour of the decision made, to show the film by the gurdwara and on a panthic level , as he is also general secretary of a GROUP (sikh federation ).

Get over it and move on with your life seems to be the answer everytime. whenever there is a regretable happening in the gurdwara, the attitude of the people in charge is KOI NA. Forgotten about the next day, brushed under the carpet as the saying goes.

And for the sangat, who are concerned and talk amongst themselves ( very bad hoya huna ) but decide to keep away, Time to wake up before its to late.

Not being defensive, just answering your questions, I guess it is difficult to gauge tone via online messages. T

he point about Mann and indeed the Kabaddi tournaments (associated with alcohol consumption) was brought up to indicate that there needs to be a level of consistency, regardless of time period, some of the people commenting were likely to be in a position to object then as well, just genuinely curious whether similar sentiments were voiced then (the grounds were still owned by the Gurdwara and we had the Khalsa Ave Gurdwara in front of it).

Brian Sangha, the organiser has been in contact with officials and if the venue isn't changed the showing will be cancelled. Well done to those that voiced their concerns to the committee directly. Probably worth attending the next general meeting to hear the direct message of the President....

Hi, who is Brian Sangha ? Can anyone advise what role he plays within the realms of the Gurdawara complex.

Thanks.

who is Brian Sangha ?

He's not the messiah. He's a very naughty boy !! ;)

Nah, seriously, he's what one can describe as a 'professional committe member'. i.e has no great skills or purpose as such but as public bodies are always looking for 'ethnics' to include in its committees Brian Sangha is a name that always appears.

At the momemt, I believe he is high up, if not the highest, in the independant bodied Kent Police Complaints Authority.

Having spoken to sewa singh, your comments are incorrect, narinderjit singh made his views very clear that he is in favour of the decision made, to show the film by the gurdwara and on a panthic level , as he is also general secretary of a GROUP (sikh federation ).

Get over it and move on with your life seems to be the answer everytime. whenever there is a regretable happening in the gurdwara, the attitude of the people in charge is KOI NA. Forgotten about the next day, brushed under the carpet as the saying goes.

And for the sangat, who are concerned and talk amongst themselves ( very bad hoya huna ) but decide to keep away, Time to wake up before its to late.

Sewa Singh has a warped understanding as I said I have personally heard Narinderjit Singh-stating his preference for a religious film and more recently saying the film shouldn't be shown but the decision lay with the President. So raise your concerns with him or maybe you should raise your concerns with Sewa Singh's son who is also a committee member.

I understand that the organiser has been in contact with the Gurdwara reps and the film will be shown at another location.  I also note that the General Sec and other Gurdwara reps had recommended showning a Sikhi based film from the outset.  I was wondering whether there was a similar sense of feeling when Kabaddi tournaments and a previous Harbhajan Mann concert have been held on the grounds

I've been a regular attendee to these Kabbadi tournaments since i was about 4/5 and i can remember over the years there would always be drunks and fights but that has really cut down in recent years to pretty much null and void.

This year there were two Gurmat stalls giving out parchar material including G5 Sikh media stall which was at Gravesend and they got a very warm response.

If you want to knock the Kabbadi tournament then be prepared to give back the millions that was donated to the Gravesend Gurdwara at the tournaments.

- In 2007 over £150,000 was raised in about 15 minutes! - This happened every year since too.

Which organisation or event managed to even come close to that?

In regards to the movie, it doesn;t matter if or who is supporting it, this committee will end up going the way of the Barking committee.

Gravesend committee might as well start digging their "graves from Gurdwara management" if this movie is not replaced or cancelled.

Sewa Singh has a warped understanding as I said I have personally heard Narinderjit Singh-stating his preference for a religious film and more recently saying the film shouldn't be shown but the decision lay with the President. So raise your concerns with him or maybe you should raise your concerns with Sewa Singh's son who is also a committee member.

Once again more lies, to everyone reading theses post DO NOT BE FOOLED. Only if you have the same understanding or have the same views as the senior committee members, your voice will be heard and you are directly involved in decision making, this is not just in gravesend but with most gurdwara's. To my understanding 90% of the committee had no ideal this was being planned ( SHOLAY FILM AT THE GURDWARA ) , only to find out when flyers were distributed around gravesend in shop windows, which is where sewa singh's son also found out from, not from any committee meeting or any announcements from the stage but a flyer advertising this event.

WJKK WJKF

Cyber Sangat Jeeo,

Gravesham council has taken off the advert from their portal however it seems it is still going ahead according to George Wood who will projecting this film on the Gurdwara wall ,

http://www.thescreenonthegreen.com/#/gravesend-open-air-cinema/4541311084

Also the local Kent messenger this week is carrying this advert on page 7.

WJKK WJKF

Cyber Sangat Jeeo,

Gravesham council has taken off the advert from their portal however it seems it is still going ahead according to George Wood who will projecting this film on the Gurdwara wall ,

http://www.thescreenonthegreen.com/#/gravesend-open-air-cinema/4541311084

Also the local Kent messenger this week is carrying this advert on page 7.

According to the feedback given to me by the prabhandak committees of Singh Sabha Southall and Singh Sabha London East (who contacted Gravesend Gurdwara about the situation), this was cancelled. Also, discussions with some of the elder Gravesend Singhs gave confirmation that this will not go ahead.

Did this actually then go ahead?

According to the feedback given to me by the prabhandak committees of Singh Sabha Southall and Singh Sabha London East (who contacted Gravesend Gurdwara about the situation), this was cancelled. Also, discussions with some of the elder Gravesend Singhs gave confirmation that this will not go ahead.

Did this actually then go ahead?

Spoke to some Gravesend singhs. This did not go ahead on the Gurdwara grounds. Another film was shown at a different location.