The Word "Ram Ram" In The Guru Granth Sahib

WJKK WJKF

It's amazing how Brahamgyani's don't ponder upon Bhai Gurdas Jee's varan which are the key to understanding SGGS messages, hence explanation is clear here:

ਸਤਿਜੁਗਿ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਵਾਸਦੇਵ ਵਵਾ ਵਿਸਨਾ ਨਾਮੁ ਜਪਾਵੈ ।

satijugi satigur vaasadayv vavaa visanaa naamu japaavai|

In Satyug, Visnu in the form of Vasudev is said to have incarnated and ‘V’ Of Vahiguru reminds of Visnu.

Line 1

ਦੁਆਪਰਿ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਹਰੀ ਕ੍ਰਿਸਨ ਹਾਹਾ ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਜਪਾਵੈ ।

duaapari satigur haree krisan haahaa hari hari naamu japaavai|

The true Guru of dvapar is said to be Harikrsna and ‘H’ of Vahiguru reminds of Hari.

Line 2

ਤੇਤੇ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਰਾਮ ਜੀ ਰਾਰਾ ਰਾਮ ਜਪੇ ਸੁਖੁ ਪਾਵੈ ।

taytay satigur raam jee raaraa raam japay sukhu paavai|

In the the treta was Ram and ‘R’ of Vahiguru tells that rembering Ram will produce joy and happiness.

Line 3

ਕਲਿਜੁਗਿ ਨਾਨਕ ਗੁਰ ਗੋਬਿੰਦ ਗਗਾ ਗੋਬਿੰਦ ਨਾਮੁ ਅਲਾਵੈ ।

kalijugi naanak gur gobind gagaa gobind naamu alaavai|

In kalijug, Gobind is in the form of Nanak and ‘G’ of Vahiguru gets Govind recited.

Line 4

ਚਾਰੇ ਜਾਗੇ ਚਹੁ ਜੁਗੀ ਪੰਚਾਇਣ ਵਿਚਿ ਜਾਇ ਸਮਾਵੈ ।

chaaray jaagay chahu jugee panchaain vichi jaai samaavai|

The recitations o f all the four ages subsume in Panchayan i.e. in the soul of the common man.

Line 5

ਚਾਰੋ ਅਛਰ ਇਕੁ ਕਰਿ ਵਾਹਗੁਰੂ ਜਪੁ ਮੰਤ੍ਰ ਜਪਾਵੈ ।

chaaro achhar iku kari vaahaguroo japu mantr japaavai|

When joining four letters Vahiguru is remembered,

Line 6

ਜਹਾ ਤੇ ਉਪਜਿਆ ਫਿਰਿ ਤਹਾ ਸਮਾਵੈ ॥੪੯॥੧॥

jahaa tay upajiaa dhiri tahaa samaavai ॥49॥1॥

The jiv merges again in its origin.

All answers are in the varan and can be accessed here for further learning and understanding:

http://www.searchgurbani.com/main.php?book=bhai_gurdas_vaaran&action=vaarindex&vaar=1

WJKK WJKF

Even further info in the Varan of Bhai Gurdas, and those that mention Kalki avtar coming back...well all is revealed here ::

ਬਿਸਨ ਲਏ ਅਵਤਾਰ ਦਸ ਵੈਰ ਵਿਰੋਧ ਜੋਧ ਸੰਘਾਰੇ ।

bisan|aay avataar das vair virodh jodh sanghaaray|

Visnu incarnated ten times and decimated his opposing warriors.

Line 1

ਮਛ ਕਛ ਵੈਰਾਹ ਰੂਪਿ ਹੋਇ ਨਰਸਿੰਘੁ ਬਾਵਨ ਬਉਧਾਰੇ ।

machh kachh vairaah roopi hoi narasinghu baavan baudhaaray|

The incarnations in the forms of fish, tortoise, swine, man-lion, dwarf and Buddha etc. have happened.

Line 2

ਪਰਸਰਾਮੁ ਰਾਮੁ ਕਿਸਨੁ ਹੋਇ ਕਿਲਕਿ ਕਲਕੀ ਅਤਿ ਅਹੰਕਾਰੇ ।

parasaraamu raamu kisanu hoi kilaki kalakee ati ahankaaray|

Parsu Ram, Ram, Kisan and very much proud incarnation of Kalki have flourished.

Line 3

ਖਤ੍ਰੀ ਮਾਰਿ ਇਕੀਹ ਵਾਰ ਰਾਮਾਇਣ ਕਰਿ ਭਾਰਥ ਭਾਰੇ ।

khatree maari ikeeh vaar raamaain kari bhaarad bhaaray|

Ram was hero of Ramayan, and kisan was all in the mahabharat.

Line 4

ਕਾਮ ਕਰੋਧੁ ਨ ਸਾਧਿਓ ਲੋਭੁ ਮੋਹ ਅਹੰਕਾਰੁ ਨ ਮਾਰੇ ।

kaam karodhu n saadhiao|obhu moh ahankaaru n maaray|

But the lust and anger were not sublimited and greed, infatuation and ego were not eschewed.

Line 5

ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਪੁਰਖੁ ਨ ਭੇਟਿਆ ਸਾਧਸੰਗਤਿ ਸਹਲਗ ਨ ਸਾਰੇ ।

satigur purakhu n bhaytiaa saadhasangati sahalag n saaray|

None remembered the true Guru (God) and nobody benefited himself in the holy congregation.

Line 6

ਹਉਮੈ ਅੰਦਰਿ ਕਾਰਿ ਵਿਕਾਰੇ ॥੮॥

haumai andari kaari vikaaray ॥8॥

All acted arrogantly being full of evil propensities.

• 1 month later...

WJKK WJKF

It's amazing how Brahamgyani's don't ponder upon Bhai Gurdas Jee's varan which are the key to understanding SGGS messages, hence explanation is clear here:

I heard this many times that Bhia Gurdas varan are key to Gurbani i believe that but where is it mention that they are the keys also is bhia nand lals work is also the key.

Pray Truth for all and say Satsriakaal!

Dear all!

Words Raam and Hari occur thousands of times in Sri Granth Saahib Jee. Rather, the reverend Gurus suggest doing

Simran of these names. Still, I have not seen a Sikh doing Naam Simran of Ram or Hari in Gurdwara premises.

No Guru has suggested doing Simran of the word Vaheguru. Still, many techniques and ways are used to do Simran of

the word Vaheguru. What has happened?

Ananda, Solace and all other virtues are missing in a normal life today. One should ponder. What is gone wrong? My

humble request to all of you is this. Try to talk to your preachers straight and directly. Encourage them also to

seek Truth.

The path of Hari is exactly as true Gurus have sung it. One does not have to learn moral science for it. Moral is

the result of Naam Simran. Do you feel like experiencing Truth really? Or, you want to read and discuss more about it?

Balbir Singh

WJKK WJKF

Balbir Singh Jeeo you mention "No Guru has suggested doing Simran of the word Vaheguru. Still, many techniques and ways are used to do Simran of

the word Vaheguru. What has happened?"

Are you serious?? what's happened is kalyug has given birth to souls such as yourself who are lost on the basics, please do some real discovery and research.

No need to belittle and make a mockery of your distored view on Gurushabad. Below is STARK enough evidence that Gurmantar is Vaheguru.

Do you equate yourself to Bhai Gurdaas Jee, Bhai Desa Singh .....Admins why haven't you banned such people who distort the basics and present their views on a SIKH sangat forum?

Truth is crytsal clear below : , one has to japp to experience it. I wonder if you're even amrit dhari,? are you?

ਗੁਰੂ ਗੁਰੂ ਜਪਿ ਮੀਤ ਹਮਾਰੇ ॥ ਮੁਖ ਊਜਲ ਹੋਵਹਿ ਦਰਬਾਰੇ ॥1॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥

"Chant and meditate: “Guru, Guru”, O my friend. Your face shall be radiant in the Court of the Lord. ||1||Pause||" (Gaurree, Ang 190, Sri Guru Granth Sahib)

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਗੁਰ ਸ਼ਬਦ ਲੈ ਪਿਰਮ ਪਿਆਲਾ ਚੁਪ ਚਲੋਲਾ॥

"The Guru's word he receives is "Vaheguru", the wondrous Lord, and remains silently immersed in delight.”

(Vaar 4, Bhai Gurdaas Ji, Contemporary of Guru Arjan Dev Ji)

Bhai Gurdaas Ji ‘re-emphasises’ Guru Nanak Sahib Ji’s Mantar, which he blessed the Sikhs with. The Mantar, which is recorded in Gurbani and also bestowed upon Sikhs by the Panj Piaare:

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਗੁਰੂ ਮੰਤ੍ਰ ਹੈ ਜਪ ਹਉਮੈਂ ਖੋਈ ॥ ਆਪ ਗਵਾਏ ਆਪ ਹੈ ਗੁਣ ਗੁਣੀ ਪਰੋਈ ॥13॥

"The Gurmantar is "Vaheguru", through reciting which erases egotism. Losing egotism and merging into the qualities of the supreme Lord, he himself becomes full of qualities."

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਨਿਤ ਬਚਨ ਉਚਾਰੇ ॥ ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਕੋ ਹਿਰਦੈ ਧਾਰੈ ॥

“He/she repeats the True Name of 'Vaheguru' daily. He/she enshrines Vaheguru in his heart.” (Rehatnaama Bhai Desa Singh)

Dear all and Sall Jee!

Thanks for the reference of the wonderful Vaak from Guru Arjan Dev Jee.

ਗੁਰੂ ਗੁਰੂ ਜਪਿ ਮੀਤ ਹਮਾਰੇ ॥

गुरू गुरू जपि मीत हमारे ॥

Gurū gurū jap mīṯ hamāre.

Chant and meditate on the Guru, the Guru, O my friend.

ਮੁਖ ਊਜਲ ਹੋਵਹਿ ਦਰਬਾਰੇ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥

मुख ऊजल होवहि दरबारे ॥१॥ रहाउ ॥

Mukẖ ūjal hovėh ḏarbāre. ||1|| rahā▫o. SGGS Ang. 190

Your face shall be radiant in the Court of the Lord. ||1||Pause||

Sikhs have names of ten Gurus and the name of their present Guru Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee. May I ask Guru Arjan Dev Jee is suggesting, to Jap, which Guru?

Other examples you have provided are from Bhai Gurdaas Jee and Bhai Desa Singh Jee. Are these your Gurus?

Since hundreds of years preachers are misleading seekers to follow others than the reverend Gurus. Why?

Please listen. My Guru is singing.

ਸ੍ਰੀ ਰਾਮ ਨਾਮਾ ਉਚਰੁ ਮਨਾ ॥

स्री राम नामा उचरु मना ॥

Sarī rām nāmā ucẖar manā.

ਆਗੈ ਜਮ ਦਲੁ ਬਿਖਮੁ ਘਨਾ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥

आगै जम दलु बिखमु घना ॥१॥ रहाउ ॥

Āgai jam ḏal bikẖam gẖanā. ||1|| rahā▫o. SGGS Ang. 155

Did Bhai Gurdaas Jee and Bhai Desa Singh Jee ever hear and say something like that?

Balbir Singh

WJKK WJKF

Balbir Singh Jeeo you mention:

"Other examples you have provided are from Bhai Gurdaas Jee and Bhai Desa Singh Jee. Are these your Gurus?"

Very clever, tell me what you think of these two personalties first then I will respond with my thoughts- stick to the point of my response don't go astray.

You mention:

"Since hundreds of years preachers are misleading seekers to follow others than the reverend Gurus. Why?"

Tell me which ones you think are preaching and misleading seekers and in particular let's start with Bhai Gurdas only , tell where is his preaching wrong?"

You mention:

"Did Bhai Gurdaas Jee and Bhai Desa Singh Jee ever hear and say something like that?"

You have a nerve don't you to question such high claibre personalities? Tell me why did you not answer my question " Do you believe in the amrit ceremony have you taken amrit???"

Admins-- What type of personalites do you have in quality control this is madness or am I going mad??

Dear all and Sall Jee!

God's blessing is recognized when HE showers the beloved introducing the true Guroo.

False preachers work hard to introduce, mislead and attach the seeker with others.

I requested "Other examples you have provided are from Bhai Gurdaas Jee and Bhai Desa Singh Jee. Are these your Gurus?"

Why did you not answer?

Your question is "Very clever, tell me what you think of these two personalties first then I will respond with my thoughts- stick to the point of my response don't go astray."

These two personalities are not the Gurus of Sikhs. No Sikh should follow others than his Guru.

The preachers who teach something else are opening their Bazaars. Listen to any preacher in Gurdwaras and find out how much he has given the listeners from the true Guru's Treasure.

Quote "Tell me which ones you think are preaching and misleading seekers and in particular let's start with Bhai Gurdas only , tell where is his preaching wrong?"

One preacher is the participant on this forum with the mask name 'Sall'.

Here is an example from Bhai Gurdaas Jee.

ਸਕਲ ਧਰਮ ਮੈ ਗ੍ਰਿਹਸਤੁ ਪ੍ਰਧਾਨ ਹੈ ||

सकल धरम मै ग्रिहसतु प्रधान है ॥

sakal dharam mai grihasatu pradhaan hai. Kabit 376 Last line

In all religion grihastu is on the top.

Please ponder. My Guru is singing about Dharam.

ਸਰਬ ਧਰਮ ਮਹਿ ਸ੍ਰੇਸਟ ਧਰਮੁ || ਹਰਿ ਕੋ ਨਾਮੁ ਜਪਿ ਨਿਰਮਲ ਕਰਮੁ ||

सरब धरम महि स्रेसट धरमु ॥ हरि को नामु जपि निरमल करमु ॥

sarab dharam mahi sresaT dharamu. hari ko naamu japi nirmal karamu. SGGS Ang. 266

In all religions supreme religion is. Hari's naam by japping is the soothing karam.

Quote "Tell me why did you not answer my question ' Do you believe in the amrit ceremony have you taken amrit'???"

Please do not knock at the other's door. God is realized within first.

Amrit ceremony is not to believe. Amrit is to enliven.

Did any of the Gurus ever mention that Amrit is a ceremony? Business minded preachers have injected a ritual among Sikhs calling it A.... ceremony.

Please listen. My Guru is singing about Amrit.

ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਸਬਦੁ ਪਛਾਣੀਐ ਹਰਿ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤ ਨਾਮਿ ਸਮਾਇ ॥

गुरमुखि सबदु पछाणीऐ हरि अम्रित नामि समाइ ॥

Gurmukẖ sabaḏ pacẖẖāṇī▫ai har amriṯ nām samā▫e.

ਗੁਰ ਗਿਆਨੁ ਪ੍ਰਚੰਡੁ ਬਲਾਇਆ ਅਗਿਆਨੁ ਅੰਧੇਰਾ ਜਾਇ ॥੨॥

गुर गिआनु प्रचंडु बलाइआ अगिआनु अंधेरा जाइ ॥२॥

Gur gi▫ān parcẖand balā▫i▫ā agi▫ān anḏẖerā jā▫e. ||2|| SGGS 29

Are your preachers providing this Amrit?

Quote "Admins-- What type of personalites do you have in quality control this is madness or am I going mad??"

Since years preachers have made some folks mad. Now it is their turn. Please do not call the Admins mad.

The topic here is 'Raam' in Gurbani.

Please say something about Raam. Even Bhai Gurdaas Jee has written about its results many times.

Balbir Singh

WJKK WJKF

harryss jeeo it was Guru Arjan Dev Ji who gave seal of approval of Bhai Gurdas Jee's vaaars being the key to understanding SGGS hence the more paramount for us to understand and delve deeper in to Bhai Sahib's works.

http://www.sikhiwiki.org/index.php/Bhai_Gurdas

Dear all!

I could not find it or anything like that in Guru Arjan Dev Jee's writings.

Do the readers know who have written articles on Sikhiwiki?

Those who have found the true Sabad Guru know what they write in articles on the Internet.

Balbir Singh