Marriage In Uk

singh181

I'm sorry darling but we are not all as blessed as yourself. We never said we are really into sikhi and really religious. But at least we are keeping our hair. When we don't, people like you (not neccessarliy you) complain.

We're all at different levels. Yes, meeting a partner to settle down with at this point in my life is very important to me.

And how does discussing the problems associated with keeping a turban and beard equate with being more worried about marriage than sikhi? If anything, it shows we are deeply concerned with sikhi i.e. turban and beard and the future of it.

I would prefer that people that aren't into sikhi not keep their hair and wear a turban. Personally I think wearing a turban and keeping hair comes with a great responsibility, that you can't let Guru Gobind Singh Ji down because he gave it to us. So if you aren't serious about your responsibility, then you shouldn't have it. But end of the day it is your choice.

Yes, we are all at different levels. I have been waiting for years for my parents to find me someone, so i can settle down. lol, but alas they don't think i am at that level yet.

As for you meeting a partner, if I ever meet someone like you, I would say no because to me you would look like someone that is confused. Someone that looks like one thing but is another. I would prefer someone that has a clear understanding about what they want and not give off the vibes they are confused because that tells me, me and my future kids with this person will also have an identity crisis.

also, pick a side. A person that rides with a foot in each boat, often sinks.

you are not concerned about Sikhi or you wouldn't say your not that into it. You keep turban and beard for yourself, not for others. So don't act like your doing anyone any favor or showing concern. Concern for Sikhi is when you live your life the way Guru Gobind Singh Ji told us to live it and die if necessary doing the right thing.

oh and there is no such thing as a burka for girls in sikhi... i fink thats the problem, singhs got to grow up with long hair and then spin on pagh, while looking after the beard....

and girls have it EASY, so easy some dont bother with a kara !

my bros amrithari and he says all the time, he dont wanna get married.... and ppl are always divorcing bachara, i love him though :L:

Veer Ji, I never understood one thing about you. Are Guru's never encouraged us to be yogis or sadhus but yet you bring it up alot. you know it is easy to go into jungle and do tapsa but it is hard to live in this world and do tapsa. See if you ever come back from your jungle, this world is going to effect you again and your tapsa will not as fruitful, as if you lived in the world and did tapsa and rised above it all.

I am a very big moorak and i am still learning about Sikhi, so if I am wrong please correct me.

Yes penji the world is too much for me I still have not managed to concentrate my mind on the shabad yet. I have basically wasted 20 years of my life. Now it is time for me to change and leave and never return until I get hukam to do so. The gurus were never against the root of a behungum, otherwise they would never mention bhagat dru, bhagat pipa, dust daman etc. Penji doing bhati away from the world is very hard maybe not mentally but physically. Trust I have been practising this for awhile. Also I am not saying grist jeevan is wrong but it is to much for me....

Anyway goodluck sangat Ji I hope chardikala for the sikh sangat. Good luck this is my last post here as I am leaving and going to India to never return as tomorrow is my flight. Waheguru Ji ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji ke Fateh. I want to follow the path of bhagat dru and bhagat pippa, I hope waheguru looks after me.

9/11 and bin laden changed everything and thats a FACT !!

Its been a while since i wore my pagh, i jus put on a baseball cap :p

oh im lazy i need to starch my pagh, been saying that for over a month lol

Since when do we let Muslims change everything? Take of your stupid cap and wear the pagh with pride man. It has been 9 years, time to get some courage already.

Don't forget we are sikhs, we fight the situation, not change with it.

oh and there is no such thing as a burka for girls in sikhi... i fink thats the problem, singhs got to grow up with long hair and then spin on pagh, while looking after the beard....

and girls have it EASY, so easy some dont bother with a kara !

my bros amrithari and he says all the time, he dont wanna get married.... and ppl are always divorcing bachara, i love him though :L:

you make me laugh. no such thing as burka for girls. where did that come from?

Okay, veer Ji many girls such as my self also have to grow up with long hair (you see its part of being a sikh) and many sikh girls today also tie a pagh. WE don't have the beard because Waheguru Ji did not bless us with that.

Girls don't have it easy. It is just how one looks at it. Also if some girls don't bother with a kara, there also some boys that don't bother with it either.

Why do all the good guys today don't want to get married? ask your brother how many amritdhari couples get divorces.

I would prefer that people that aren't into sikhi not keep their hair and wear a turban. Personally I think wearing a turban and keeping hair comes with a great responsibility, that you can't let Guru Gobind Singh Ji down because he gave it to us. So if you aren't serious about your responsibility, then you shouldn't have it. But end of the day it is your choice.

Yes, we are all at different levels. I have been waiting for years for my parents to find me someone, so i can settle down. lol, but alas they don't think i am at that level yet.

As for you meeting a partner, if I ever meet someone like you, I would say no because to me you would look like someone that is confused. Someone that looks like one thing but is another. I would prefer someone that has a clear understanding about what they want and not give off the vibes they are confused because that tells me, me and my future kids with this person will also have an identity crisis.

also, pick a side. A person that rides with a foot in each boat, often sinks.

you are not concerned about Sikhi or you wouldn't say your not that into it. You keep turban and beard for yourself, not for others. So don't act like your doing anyone any favor or showing concern. Concern for Sikhi is when you live your life the way Guru Gobind Singh Ji told us to live it and die if necessary doing the right thing.

How old are you by the way? You dont seem very mature and appear to lack some serious knowledge.

To tell me to cut my hair is a serious mistake. You dont seem to be able to understand that we are all at different levels of spirituality. Yes, I do keep my turban and beard for myself and not others, and that is why i woudn't remove them for someone like you (who says you'd rather me remove it).

Keeping kesh gives one spiritual power and that is the reason i keep it. Not so that I can go round acting like I am a very powerful and wise gursikh.

You need to grow up before you comment on someones reasons for keeping their kesh.

How old are you by the way? You dont seem very mature and appear to lack some serious knowledge.

To tell me to cut my hair is a serious mistake. You dont seem to be able to understand that we are all at different levels of spirituality. Yes, I do keep my turban and beard for myself and not others, and that is why i woudn't remove them for someone like you (who says you'd rather me remove it).

Keeping kesh gives one spiritual power and that is the reason i keep it. Not so that I can go round acting like I am a very powerful and wise gursikh.

You need to grow up before you comment on someones reasons for keeping their kesh.

Veer Ji, I understand we all are at different levels of spirituality. The reason I made the comments I did because at various times you have made the comment your not very religous, nor do you sound like you want to be. Maybe I just read into it the wrong way? I have read your replies in another similar topic and you stated you keep the beard because your a man and that's the way it is suppose to be, now you say its spiritual. Both are fine, its your life. But the comment I didn't like was " If anything, it shows we are deeply concerned with sikhi i.e. turban and beard and the future of it." Niether of your reasons have nothing to do with Sikhi and you shouldn't be trying to make it sound like it is. Your not doing this for sikhi, your doing it for you. simple. If it was for Sikhi, then my comments stand true because you should live the life of a sikh, not just look like them. That is what I meant, if you are just keeping hair and saying your doing it for sikhi, you might as well cut it off because its not for sikhi.

Anyways, sorry if I offended. Next time I will just keep my comments to myself.

oh and no one is asking you to go around acting like a powerful Gursikh, infact if you wear a turban and keep a beard and call yourself a sikh, you should be humble, not act all powerful.

I don't know about others but when I am wearing a turban and I am out and about, I go out of my way to be extra good, polite and nice, so people can not say nothing bad about sikhs because of my behavior.

Thats another thing, I personally rather see someone cut their hair, then to be wearing a dastar, beard and calling themselfs Sikhs and doing everything we are not suppose to be doing. I don't know what anyone else thinks but Dastar and the right to call ourselfs Sikhs comes with a heavy responsibility.

Veer Ji, I understand we all are at different levels of spirituality. The reason I made the comments I did because at various times you have made the comment your not very religous, nor do you sound like you want to be. Maybe I just read into it the wrong way? I have read your replies in another similar topic and you stated you keep the beard because your a man and that's the way it is suppose to be, now you say its spiritual. Both are fine, its your life. But the comment I didn't like was " If anything, it shows we are deeply concerned with sikhi i.e. turban and beard and the future of it." Niether of your reasons have nothing to do with Sikhi and you shouldn't be trying to make it sound like it is. Your not doing this for sikhi, your doing it for you. simple. If it was for Sikhi, then my comments stand true because you should live the life of a sikh, not just look like them. That is what I meant, if you are just keeping hair and saying your doing it for sikhi, you might as well cut it off because its not for sikhi.

Anyways, sorry if I offended. Next time I will just keep my comments to myself.

oh and no one is asking you to go around acting like a powerful Gursikh, infact if you wear a turban and keep a beard and call yourself a sikh, you should be humble, not act all powerful.

I don't know about others but when I am wearing a turban and I am out and about, I go out of my way to be extra good, polite and nice, so people can not say nothing bad about sikhs because of my behavior.

Thats another thing, I personally rather see someone cut their hair, then to be wearing a dastar, beard and calling themselfs Sikhs and doing everything we are not suppose to be doing. I don't know what anyone else thinks but Dastar and the right to call ourselfs Sikhs comes with a heavy responsibility.

I didnt anywhere write i dont intend to be religious.

How do either of my reasons have nothing to do with sikhi? I am concerned for 'my' sikhi ok, get it? And also other peoples sikhi in my position. Dont tell me I am trying to make myself sound like something I am not. One thing I try not to do is lie.

No one is forcing me to keep my kesh. I do it because i want to. And when I said we are deeply concerned, I was also referring to a few other posters on this topic, not just myself.

By me saying I keep my beard because I am a man does not exclude any other reason for keeping it either. I have not changed my stance as you suggest.