Advice Needed Asap

Guest Wat shud I do?

Guest Wat shud I do?

I told sumone sumthing in confidence, n they went n told a cuple ppl n nw I cnt 4get it or trust tht person agen or b da same wid dem. Den I askd sant jagjit singh n he sed tht gursikhs character 2 forgive cmpletly n nt 2 dwell on it agen; n 2 4get it n I needa trust dat person agen... Ne bani dat cn help me c dis way

ਫਰੀਦਾ ਬੁਰੇ ਦਾ ਭਲਾ ਕਰਿ ਗੁਸਾ ਮਨਿ ਨ ਹਢਾਇ ॥

फरीदा बुरे दा भला करि गुसा मनि न हढाइ ॥

Farīḏā bure ḏā bẖalā kar gusā man na hadẖā▫e.

Fareed, answer evil with goodness; do not fill your mind with anger.

ਦੇਹੀ ਰੋਗੁ ਨ ਲਗਈ ਪਲੈ ਸਭੁ ਕਿਛੁ ਪਾਇ ॥੭੮॥

देही रोगु न लगई पलै सभु किछु पाइ ॥७८॥

Ḏehī rog na lag▫ī palai sabẖ kicẖẖ pā▫e. ||78||

Your body shall not suffer from any disease, and you shall obtain everything. ||78||

Forgive and Forget,,

Treat Everyone Equally,

Learn ur lesson to be careful bout telling sumone sumthing in confidence,

Guest Wat to do?

Santji askd me wat da persns intentoins were,n if dey wer 2 spread gossip,den dnt confide in dat person agen 1 bt if der ws logicl reason den it wsnt so much a betreyl of confidence bt a misunderstandin of imprtnce ov keepin tingz on da low. Santji also sed dat gursikhs in gurujis time neva usd2 gt upset over smal or petty tings n der needs2b prem btwn al gursikhs.gues im jus findin it hard2do

We go through experiences in life to learn from them, and move on. If someone you confided in has broken your trust, you need know re-assess your relationship with that person, and judge whether you want to take the risk of trusting that person again. Trust and forgiveness are two different things. I agree with the above, as trying to be Guru's Sikhs, we are to be forgiving and humble, but at the same time, if you've been stabbed by someone, chances are, you wouldn't want to hand that same person a knife, and stand in front of them, waiting to be stabbed again.

Just my 2 cents..

Dhanvaad for telling me what sant jajit singh ji said. I know it is hard to follow because we're not used this kind of practice. But if we try then it will become easier over time..... Personally I don't think you will get better advice then sant ji has mentioned.

Daas recently also broke two gursikhs bharosa in her recently and their confidence and when I realised what I had done it was too late :(

In my situation, I myself felt, and still feel extremely guilty and regret it; because when I broke that bharosa I didn't see it as gossip or breaking of confidence, it was just me needing to vent and moan about something

I went to see sant baba jaswant Singh jee recently a day after this had happened and they saw that something was bothering me, and asked me what was wrong; and I told them what I had done, hurting another gursikh and he asked me if intentions were bad, if I had talked about that person to malign them or because I genuinely was upset about the situation, which I was and they told me to ask for maaphee, and show pyaar to that person even if that person couldn't to me.'

They told me to be careful in future in what I say and they also said that I shouldn't punish myself like I was and that I needed to get over it but so did the other person-because gursikhs are meant to be forgiving and and loving/compassionate

Chances are that this is probably affecting that persons jeevan because they feel guilty like I did, and baba jee also said to me that I should be verparvah, and if that person is unable to forgive or trust me again then that is the consequence of my deed but also the avgun of that persons inability to forgive and be compassionate

"The sun was bright and the snake using his hood provided shade for Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji. Once Sheshnag saw us he disappeared." Baba Kalu Ji did not really show faith in the incident and replied, "Really, if he has got any powers we will realise soon." 36.

Saying this Baba Kalu Ji did not adopt this incident with any firm faith and left the house of Rai Bular. This was due to being enveloped by the attachment of Maya. In the way it traps one into their worldly work is the same as an individual controlling the instrument being played. 37.

What is both praise and fault to a puppet? Who can be happy or angry with a puppet? The work of Maya is in accordance to the will of Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji and only through his desire Maya works to elude beings. 38.

- from Sri Nanak Prakash http://sikhscriptures2english.blogspot.com/2010/07/sri-nanak-parkash-post-099.html

Anytime I'm angry, I try to remember the above advice and just repeat hum nahee chunga bura nahi koi

Guest It's hard

Forgiveness is extremely hard and forgetting is even harder

We are only human after all, but I think as Gursikhs we are meant to be better than human :)