Sikh Channel And Sing Along Shabads

WJKK WJKF

I believe everyone has watched them kids singing along to shabads, on Sikh Channel,

well, is that gurmat? As they are rocking around, like a dance, and dance is probhited in Sikhi.

And when a kid sings along to it, what if they get the bani wrong? as in pronoucination?

just my query...

please note, i don't have anything against sikh channel, i was just wondering

WJKK WJKF

I havent seen them but no kids - animation or no animation - should be dancing along to Gurbani at all. What time is this programme on? This should be discouraged by Sikh Channel - not encouraged. And Sikh Channel, you are obviously active on this public forum - why can't you respond here? You're a community channel, this is a community forum :-)

singh# - it doesnt matter too much if kids get the Gurbani pronunciations wrong, as long as they are trying. Maharaj forgives children because they are innocent and young souls. Parents should teach kids punjabi and santhiyaa from a young age. If kids make mistakes because they havent had that teaching, then the paap falls on the heads of the parents.

I havent seen them but no kids - animation or no animation - should be dancing along to Gurbani at all. What time is this programme on? This should be discouraged by Sikh Channel - not encouraged. And Sikh Channel, you are obviously active on this public forum - why can't you respond here? You're a community channel, this is a community forum :-)

singh# - it doesnt matter too much if kids get the Gurbani pronunciations wrong, as long as they are trying. Maharaj forgives children because they are innocent and young souls. Parents should teach kids punjabi and santhiyaa from a young age. If kids make mistakes because they havent had that teaching, then the paap falls on the heads of the parents.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh,

Singh# if you have any questions regarding "Little Khalsa" animation on Sikh Channel then please email info@sikhchannel.tv.

Also there is no wrong pronoucination in the Shabads, which the children are singing.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.

Sikh Channel 840

I would email, but I would get a biased reply. As you wouldn't want your money to go down the drain, as you have paid for these animations.

Anyways, I wanted to share my views with the sangat, and I have done that, and I feel, thats fine :D

(P.s. You forgot to put a 'U' at the end of the Waheguru, at the last fateh)

I never seen it before but thought it was excellent. At least kids would watch that more so and take it in than a kirtani jatha singing the same shabad. Have you seen some singhs going into frenzy listening to kirtan, there was a link on a thread on this site about it. The kids are just going left and right. I think that was an excellent clip above.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Thanks to all positive comments. Little Khalsa, a special animation which includes small Sikh children singing along to a shabad will engage more children to sing along and to remember the shabad. Little Khalsa is part of a new youth theme to Sikh Channel called "YGen" just for the youth.

If you would like to see something simular then please email info@sikhchannel.tv

Thank you for your support.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

As Sikh Channel is active on this forum, can you please explain to the Sangat why you will not give news on anti-Panthik "gurdwaras" who promote meat, sharaab and bhangra? There was an outcry about 6 weeks ago for Sikh Channel to highlight the Beadbi at Grays Gurdwara. Despite repeated assurances, Sikh Channel did nothing.