Sikh Channel And Sing Along Shabads

I personally see the video as a good thing for kids. These days we have other cultures infultrating SIkhs, how many "sikhs" do u see that think they are black gangsters??? how many people know more about other religions than they know Sikhi?? how many people cant follow Sikhi and have no way to share sikhi with their kids? do kids not watch cartoons and shows?? I bet lots of kids know more about spongebob than they know shabad Gurbani.

I think its a good attempt by sikh channel to provide kid level learning of bani. I find it hilarious that people teen aged kids trying to make a 4-5 year olds learning ability comparing to theirs laugh.gif If you know Raag kirtan then kewwwwL but how can a kid know this stuff in modern times? I think its a good start for kids "young kids" to find interest in the tv segment as compared to modern day gurduarey brawls and nonsense put out by the panjabi community. There is always a bad attitude person complaining (weve all seen for years all the complainers about any little thing tongue.gif )

My question to the opposition of the tv show: What ideas do u have to teach the youth kirtan and actually have an impact on them down the road of life?? I would love to see your alternatives. Post the video of your alternatives.

Take this in mind: other religions young kids know about their faith because the people take a kids prospective to teach the kids in their way of thinking. how many kids of other faiths know about their faith as compared to Sikh children???

I ask this question to see if the grumpy one grumbles tongue.gif

Saw the clips on SikhChannel and quite liked them. Though the animation with two 3d kids flying was a bit amateurish, it is still a good start. I hope soon we will have some sort of animated series for kids, where the characters go on adventures and the teach the viewers about Sikhi and its principles.

Same thing happened to me yesterday, at the gym I met a local Sikh who told me that someone was selling a laptop. I asked him about the laptop and mentioned that Gurdwara laptop is too old and STTM software is quite slow so we could do with a faster laptop. His instant reply was "What the point, it will spend more time at the sewadar's house rather than at the gurdwara".

So the point is, our community loves to criticise. whenever something new starts, we have 60% of the people hoping that it would fail.

Going back to the kids stuff and possible incorrect pronunciation of Gurbani, before we can speak on the behalf of our guru just remember that our history shows that sajjan thug, bhoomia chor etc were forgiven. So who are we to say that if kids or adults mispronounce Gurbani unintentionally then they will not be?

"NACHIEH TAPIEH BHAGAT NA HOE"

The above tuk still doesnt prohibit dancing. It just discredits dancing carried out by people who shake their hair up and down etc and do ritual dancing thinking it will get them close to god.

Sikh Channel were also emailed about Southampton and the other Gurdwaras by several people including me. You never responded!

I emailed info@sikhchannel.tv

I spend most of my time at work these days but I caught a bit of Sikh Channel last night, and correct me if I'm wrong but, I noticed from their trailers that they have indeed responded to your question about what they intend doing about the video which shows bacon, eggs and chicken being served in the langar at the bhatra Gurdwara in Southampton. From what I saw on Sikh Channel last night they are so pleased with the Guru Tegh Bahadur Gurdwara in Southampton that they are gonna reward them, in the coming week by doing a programme live from there.

As for the kids......you know, it's a natural thing for kids to wanna move their bodies. A good, healthy, natural desire. A desire that is physically wrong to supress. When I saw them, it made me so happy that they're singing wahegurus name instead of some random nursery rhyme. In fact.......and I've wanted to say this for a long time but never have in the fear of offending many of you.....its so good to finally see someone happy with life and smiling on Sikh Channel. I'll explain what I mean by this : Sikh Channel is always on in my house, and on a few previous occassions I have had non-sikh work colleagues at home. On more than one occassion those non-sikhs caught a glimpse of the TV and remarked how miserable the women singing looked....Like they weren't enjoying what they were doing. I didn't notice it myself at first, but afterwards, whenever a female UK jatha would be singing, I saw it for myself. These women looked like they are in pain rather than the fantastic bliss that we're trying to tell our youngsters about.

My message to Sikh Channel, therefore, is this : Its time the Sikh Channel got a little more professional. If the people you are having on only know how to frown....then coach them how to portray a happy image. You tune into any of the Hindu, christian or muslim channels and you see people in absolute excasty. In contrast, the Sikh Channel resembles a sad wake sometimes. Whether we Sikhs notice it or not the fact is that it is the first thing that non-sikhs notice. Thank god for the happy children.

these kids are swaying/dancing less then some of the sangat in the video link provided previously.....if we take the stance of those gurmukhs who want to put an end to this program, should we also expect an end to akj programs, as most ppl there sway more then these kids??