Sikh Channel And Sing Along Shabads

As Sikh Channel is active on this forum, can you please explain to the Sangat why you will not give news on anti-Panthik "gurdwaras" who promote meat, sharaab and bhangra? There was an outcry about 6 weeks ago for Sikh Channel to highlight the Beadbi at Grays Gurdwara. Despite repeated assurances, Sikh Channel did nothing.

Sikh Channel were also emailed about Southampton and the other Gurdwaras by several people including me. You never responded!

I emailed info@sikhchannel.tv

I SAW THAT ADVERT TODAY...YES ITS TERRIBLE...GURBANI BEING TURNED INTO SOME LITTLE KIDS LULLABY...

SUNG WITH WESTERN BACKGROUND MUSIC...THIS IS WRONG AS IT SIDE STEPS THE STRICT MARYADA LAID DOWN FOR SINGING GURBANI...

THIS IS ANOTHER DESPERATE ATTEMPT BY SC TO SHOW SOMETHING INTERESTING...I ADVISE THEM TO STICK WITH ORTHODOX REPRESENTATION OF GURMAT TEACHINGS

I SAW THAT ADVERT TODAY...YES ITS TERRIBLE...GURBANI BEING TURNED INTO SOME LITTLE KIDS LULLABY...

SUNG WITH WESTERN BACKGROUND MUSIC...THIS IS WRONG AS IT SIDE STEPS THE STRICT MARYADA LAID DOWN FOR SINGING GURBANI...

THIS IS ANOTHER DESPERATE ATTEMPT BY SC TO SHOW SOMETHING INTERESTING...I ADVISE THEM TO STICK WITH ORTHODOX REPRESENTATION OF GURMAT TEACHINGS

finally, someone who agrees with me! :D

Pal yaar there is no need to shout we can all hear.

I suggest that you and the original poster of this thread set up the local Taliban Sikh group so you can monitor all goings on, maybe take out rulers to measure peoples dharies. Maybe a weekly stoning could be organised :rolleyes:

Youth are moving away from Sikhi and people like you and I are the first ones to complain that not enough is being done to engage the young and to bring them into sikhi.

Here is a brilliant idea , children singing gurbani so that other children can also sing along. They get to know the bani, they will ask questions and the parents can engage with them, telling them sakhies and about our Gurus. But no, we have one muppet so says that the children rocking from side to side is tantamount to bhangra and they should all be shot. Another now is saying gurbani is being turned into lullabies and is worng.

I say YES turn them into lullabies, sing them to your kids at night when they go to sleep, let gurbani enter their ears last thing at night and first thing in the morning, for gods sake get a grip! we need to do something to bring our kids into Sikhi , they are not going to do that if we bicker and criticize every little thing so that we cannot even breathe.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh,

I personally dont see anything wrong with the video posted above.

Kids have a short attention span, more so when it comes to religious affairs. No wonder we see kids crying and moaning at Gurughars because we dont have effective prachar methods for them. The above programme is quite effective I think, the shabad tune is quite catchy, and the animation serves as a nice visual glue for the kids.

Those complaining against the 'dancing', well ask yourself, honestly does it look like bhangra to you? Its just little body movements to keep kids glued to the kirtan/shabad, thats all. Once their interest in sikhi grows, they will naturally ask for more, they will ask questions and a natural progression towards more conventional methods will happen automatically, dont worry about that :)

Guys, just think of the times when we were young and it will all make sense :) Not everyone is a born dhru prehlaad or Baba Farid ji, you know? :)

I enjoyed the video immensely! if i was married and had kids i would definitely make sure they watch it :happy: :L:

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh,

I personally dont see anything wrong with the video posted above.

Kids have a short attention span, more so when it comes to religious affairs. No wonder we see kids crying and moaning at Gurughars because we dont have effective prachar methods for them. The above programme is quite effective I think, the shabad tune is quite catchy, and the animation serves as a nice visual glue for the kids.

Those complaining against the 'dancing', well ask yourself, honestly does it look like bhangra to you? Its just little body movements to keep kids glued to the kirtan/shabad, thats all. Once their interest in sikhi grows, they will naturally ask for more, they will ask questions and a natural progression towards more conventional methods will happen automatically, dont worry about that :)

Guys, just think of the times when we were young and it will all make sense :) Not everyone is a born dhru prehlaad or Baba Farid ji, you know? :)

I enjoyed the video immensely! if i was married and had kids i would definitely make sure they watch it :happy: :L:

Paaji, you know the way you've put that, it makes me feel, what I was thinking was wrong... Its such as effective way, the way you have said it :)

I don't know why, but I think you have related to this tuk:

kabeer rorhaa ho-ay rahu baat kaa taj man kaa abhimaan.

Kabeer, let yourself be a pebble on the path; abandon your egotistical pride.

aisaa ko-ee daas ho-ay taahi milai bhagvaan. ||146||

Such a humble slave shall meet the Lord God. ||146||

kabeer rorhaa hoo-aa ta ki-aa bha-i-aa panthee ka-o dukh day-ay.

Kabeer, what good would it be, to be a pebble? It would only hurt the traveller on the path.

Thanks paaji :)

I can't believe there is a thread on this. I've seen the sing along shabad on sikh channel many times and I still can't understand what is wrong with it.

"YES ITS TERRIBLE...GURBANI BEING TURNED INTO SOME LITTLE KIDS LULLABY"

You joking?

how can you say that all I see is guru de pyareh sikhs singhing with prem.

If you feel that way why don't you go to the kids and tell them they are being anti panthic and turning gurbani into a lullaby lol? I bet you won't dare to ever do this...(I hope not lol don't know some ppl as it is KALJUG...)

WJKK WJKF

I believe everyone has watched them kids singing along to shabads, on Sikh Channel,

well, is that gurmat? As they are rocking around, like a dance, and dance is probhited in Sikhi.

And when a kid sings along to it, what if they get the bani wrong? as in pronoucination?

just my query...

please note, i don't have anything against sikh channel, i was just wondering

WJKK WJKF

Where did you get the idea that dance is prohibited in sikhi?