Ban The Burkha

Guest fordcapri

Once they've dealt with them...........they'll come after us, and this time they'll be stronger from their earlier victory. If we want to save ourselves we need to unite with and stand in solidarity with the ones who are being tragetted now (the muslims). If you wanna win any war you have to be able to spot your future enemy and stop him getting into a position where he could hurt you.

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Vaheguru Ji Ke Fateh

As we all know, Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji at young age refused to wear the Hindu sacred thread. Later, Sri Guru Tegh Bahadur Ji attained martyrdom without hesitation to defend the right of Hindus to wear their sacred thread.

Freedom of religion is a basic human right and our Guru requires us to uphold this right for all. This is part of our religion - Sri Guru Tegh Bahadur's shaheedi, the teachings of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji and our Kirpan all remind us of this duty.

Hence, even though the veiling of the face is against Sikh teaching, if Muslim women wish to wear a burkha of their own free will, then they should be allowed to do so.

Criminals such as bank robbers use far more practical means of concealing their identity such as face masks or balaclavas which allow full freedom of movement as opposed to a more restrictive burkha. Where identity checks are required for security purposes, e.g. airport passport checks, women wearing burkhas already have to unveil their faces. Therefore, these are not valid reasons to infringe on another's right to freedom of religion.

I personally would object to a ban of the burkha as, in my opinion, such a ban would be against our Guru's teaching on protecting an individual's freedom of religion regardless of their faith.

As Sikhs, we should never side with those who wish to persecute others by denying them such fundamental rights. In fact, we should be actively oppose them.

Bhul chuk maaf karni ji,

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Vaheguru Ji Ke Fateh

post-25081-128011847326_thumb.jpg

A famous german pastor who opposed Hitler during world war II said this

"THEY CAME FIRST for the Communists, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist.

THEN THEY CAME for the trade unionists, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist.

THEN THEY CAME for the Jews, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew.

THEN THEY CAME for me and by that time no one was left to speak up."

We too are living in a fascist dictatorship. So lets help everyone out. We know how Guruji said nobody needs to be covered up in a veil, however that doesn't mean they should be banned. Because if you do that you are interfering with somebodies free will. Their freedom of choice. One of the worst sins you can do.

The point of that quote was, first they will ban the burka, we might think "But i am a Sikh, it doesn't affect me, so i don't care" But don't think like that, because they will just get more confident, then who knows they might go and ban kirpans and turbans. Everyone is our brother and sister. Everyone one of us is a part of Waheguru, so lets not discriminate on anyone.

"The greatest form of control is when you think you're free when you're being fundamentally manipulated and dictated to. One form of dictatorship is being in a prison cell and you can see the bars and touch them. The other one is sitting in a prison cell but you can't see the bars but you think you're free."- (not sure who said this quote.)

But still lets speak up for everyone, because what happens when they turn on us? Lets create unity not a divide. There are no religions, we are all connected to Waheguru. Waheguru is like the ocean we are like a drop of that ocean, but we are no different to the ocean. WE are all one, so lets not fight. Lets stick up for one another. WE don't need any government's to rule us, they were originally set out to serve us, or so they say. But at the end of the day we are only accountable to Waheguru, no government can decide our fates. Lets Wake up and make the whole world become apparent to Waheguru. Because Waheguru is all love.