Usa: Down And Out

Jeevan

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/unreported-world/4od#3080074

This level of poverty in the largest economy in the world should not be happening, please do not pass judgement on the most vulnerable in society. My prayers and thoughts are with the defenceless of America.

I would be intrigued to hear the comments and views of those Sikhs living in the States.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it won't let me watch it. says service not available in my area.

I live in america and sorry to say I have no pity for majority of the homeless here. I work in a convenience store and everyday I see these people that qualify as homeless, poor and etc come in and abuse food stamps. These people don't try to find jobs, they waste food stamps on junk food and whatever cash they have goes toward beer, cigs and drugs.

It might not everyone that is like that but all that I have meet are like that.

USA is certainly on the way down. The prosperity that USA enjoyed in the last 60 odd years was built on suburban lifestyle and a car based economy. As the oil prices will rise, USA will disintegrate.

As USA loses its power, India will become weak too and the muslims/China/Naxalites attacks will increase and finally there will be anarchy in India and bloodshed which will lead to KHALISTAN.

Sikhs need to START LIVING GREEN LIFESTYLE, GET TRAINING IN WEAPONS AND START LIVING IN STRONG COMMUNITY BASED CULTURE.

USA is certainly on the way down. The prosperity that USA enjoyed in the last 60 odd years was built on suburban lifestyle and a car based economy. As the oil prices will rise, USA will disintegrate.

As USA loses its power, India will become weak too and the muslims/China/Naxalites attacks will increase and finally there will be anarchy in India and bloodshed which will lead to KHALISTAN.

Sikhs need to START LIVING GREEN LIFESTYLE, GET TRAINING IN WEAPONS AND START LIVING IN STRONG COMMUNITY BASED CULTURE.

Either you are suffering from depression or some part of your brain is not working. You are too much man. Even the cows woundnt dream that wildly. I cannot stop laughing.

Poverty in the US IMO is a result of entitlement mentality. Everyone thinks they deserve a nice house and a car etc. without having to work for it, and to get votes government consistently just hands out stuff. America used to have a strong work/save ethic... now a growing segment of society are useless, Around 50% of US does not pay taxes. In US you can live a decent life just by being a chump and doing nothing all day long except taking money from government. Its a negative incentive.

Also Obama is socializing the country.. because its better for everyone to be equal rather than for everyone to have a fair chance.

End result is going to be higher taxes.... which means more business lost.

You reap what you sow. So many of these "poor Americans" drive 50k cars and live in huge houses.... if you clean carpets for a living why should you buy that stuff? I got a step uncle who has declared bankruptcy twice and wears a rolex and drives a lexus... girls on welfare over here have coach purses...

I know this... with this new healthcare reform (horrible idea) many of my classmates are already thinking about moving to work in saud... why go through all this work for no reward?

and I completely agree with gupt

-W

Either you are suffering from depression or some part of your brain is not working. You are too much man. Even the cows woundnt dream that wildly. I cannot stop laughing.

apnepart2 i assure you india will have its civil war...india has over 800million poor...each decade the maoists attacks get more agressive and destructive...its only a matter of time till they eventually break indias back...the naxalites have given themselves upto 2050, they year which they think they will finally topple indias government and form a communist state

the sikhs will have to prepare themselves...when india is in a state of anarchy...the sikhs will have to rise up in force in punjab..that is when we will have our khalistan..but if we remain unprepared we will stay slaves for a another era.

My friend it easier to live in state of total ignorance. Its not gonna happen. Indian State can crush maoists in 24 hrs if they want. If Maoists can topple Indian Govt then destroying Sikhs will be a small task for them. Sikhs are one of the most prosperous and richest communty. Maoists will take away all wealth. I say Sikhs should prepare to flee as soon as India Falls. otherwise be ready to be slaughtered like sheep or abandon religion and personal wealth.

its going down

i want to go to india now lol

Bhenji,

India is going down too. Infact, its a more risky place than USA due to over population and inter-caste, inter-religion conflicts. I regularly post under a thread 'Peak Oil'. Have a read at it.

Norway is a very good place in the future as it has abundance of Oil and water and has no internal conflicts. Some parts of BC, Canada are very good too. There are regions in USA too that are good but one needs COMMUNITY OF LIKE MINDED SIKHS. Thats the key.

I also run a gr oup 'Eco khalsa' on facebook. U can join that and u will be regularly sent articles about peak oil. climate change, US financial collapse and Eco-friendly green living.