Site Selling Sggsj

'S'

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

Not long ago, I think we as a site stopped DTF books from sending Gurbani through post due to the disrespect it gets whilst in transit. Whilst browsing the internet today, I found this site.

http://www.jsks.co.in/sggs.htm

It not even sells Gurbani but sells translations of the Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji! This should not be allowed as firstly the selling of Gurbani is prohibited, correct? Plus, whilst it is in transit it doesn't get the respect it deserves and will probably be treaten like any other item they have.

I feel that once again, we must contact this site and prevent any futher disrepect to Maharaj to stop.

Please do spread the word!

Forgive me if I have said anything wrong.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

This should not be allowed as firstly the selling of Gurbani is prohibited, correct? Plus, whilst it is in transit it doesn't get the respect it deserves and will probably be treaten like any other item they have.

I do agree with your concerns.

Note, the site is not selling saroops of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj... but is still selling senchi sahibs, pothi sahibs, gutka sahibs and steeks.

Wonder what Akal Takht has issued on this in the past. I remember Akal Takht issued a Hukumnama on the printing of saroops but I don't think there's a ban on printing or selling of Gurbani. It's a difficult area, I suppose there's hundreds of samparday, jathebhandiya, deray that print and sell Gurbani, with the view of promoting Sikhi. You can't stop the good work that they do by restricting the printing and selling of Gurbani.

The distribution/handling of the Gurbani also seems like a "grey" area. I have seen some Gursikhs, pull out Gutka sahibs from their hand luggage or suitcases, which on one hand I would feel uncomfortable about but on the other these Gursikhs have much better jeevans than me and project Gurbani in their reni-beni all the time. I have seen Gursikhs post Gutka sahibs out to people in remote countries or into prisons abroad, some people living in remote areas or stuck in prisions in some foreign country are desperate for the support of Gurbani.

What do other people think?