Pandit Kirpa Ram Dutt Seeks Refuge Of Sahib Sri Guru Tegh Bahadur Ji Maharaj

Moti Ram Mehra?

Yes Veerji, Moti Ram Mehra Ji was a great Guru da Sikh and his offspring were also Sikh but now some (Hindu) frauds are claiming Baba Moti Ram Mehra Ji as their ancestor purely becuase the name "seems" Hindu to them. The enemies of Sikhs use the same evil tricks with respect to Bhai Mardana Ji the first Sikh in our Panth.

And Shaheed Bhai Kirpa Singh Ji is wrongly labelled Pandit even after shaheedi as dushts assume once a Brahmin always a Brahmin when Khalsa Panth rejects biraderi.

Hanji I've seen that site. Very poorly designed and hard to read but good info. I am asking because some Kashmiri Pandits as well as Sikhs claim descent from him. Do you have the link to Gyani Thakur Singh jee's katha about him?

Veerji, I listened to kathas long time ago. I'll listen to them again. This should have been mentioned by Giani ji in his following kathas

Shaheedi Guru Tag Bahadur ji

Bachpan of Guru Gobind Singh Sahib Ji

Shaheedi Vadde Sahibzade

• 4 weeks later...

Awesome! Thanks!

Pandit Kirpa Ram stayed in the Darbar of Guru Gobind Rai after the shaheedi of Guru Tegh Bahadur. Here he was a court poet where he translated different works from Farsi to Braj for the Guru (most of the kashmiri pandits were fluent in farsi).. One of the books that Pandit Kirpa Ram translated that is still extant is the 12th century Kimiye-ye-sadat by Muhammad Al Ghazali which is an extremiely beautiful treatise on spirituality and ethics.

Later on the Sewa panthis copied this manuscript in dozens and used it for parchaar in muslim areas of West Punjab and Khyber Pakhtunwa.amongst the pashtuns.

Ok I've tried searching and researching as much as I could, and even asked my Kashmiri Pandit friends who've lived in and out of Kashmir. Dutt/Dutta is NOT an ethnic Kashmiri Brahmin surname, although it is very much found in Punjab, Bengal and Assam. Is it possible that Pandit Kirpa Ram Dutt's ancestors were infact from Punjab?

I've come across Sikhs with last name Dutta/Datta and they are usually found in Jammu & Kashmir and possibly moved during the rule of Maharaja Ranjit Singh?