Chardi Kala Camp 2010

I think you should give this camp a shot. I have attended this camp and it was a good experience.

Its a mix of both with sikhi activities, kirtans and yes sports. Workshops are good and speakers/presentations are great as well.

Send me a PM if you need more info and if you want I will get you in touch with people who are attending this camp.

you should def give it a shot. its a mixture of sikhi and activities as well as networking/ sangat. Camp Chardi Kala tries to keep it balanced so its like living day to day life but with sikhi incorporated. You wake up at amrit vela get ready have morning nitnem and nishan sahib. then comes breakfast, comes classes, kind of like going to high school or college. you have gurmat sikh history and sikh wya of life classes and advanced gurmat for older kids. you also have intensive training in a bani of your choice, learn how to take hukham nama or get santhiya. theres also a gatka class at this time taught by Bhai baljit singh(DDT) from cali. then its lunch time. after lunch like after school, is sports time. campers get a few hours for sports time then free time in which time they also have a turban tying class if you want to perfect or learn how to tie your dastar or learn different styles. after that is rehras time followed by dinner. then comes daily discussion topics from sikhi's importance in todays world to the importance of amrit to contemporary issues. then comes either keertan program, camp fire, talent night, etc. sohila wraps up the program then the older kids have more discussion topics. so its a healthy dose of sikhi incorporated into an everyday environment that we are use to following. for those who are already pakka in their sikhi, amrit vela simran and asa di vaar is also done before the required wake up time for campers with extra banis. sangat is heavilyyyyyy stressed and promoted at this camp. the majority of North east sikh youth that is into sikhi started out from here, and year by year it produces more and more amritdhari rehatvan sikhs, and those who are new to sikhi can see their peers practicing sikhi and remove the notion that "amrit is for when your like 60 and dont want to have fun in life any more" punjabi culture's take on sikhi. so the campers are from vast backgrounds and different levels at their sikhi. The staff members are also professionals in the work environment and show you can be sabat soorat sikh and use it to succeed in life. its also a good networking place because of this and helps younger members of our community get connected and get placement into finance internships, medical programs and fellowships, etc but most of all, it creates sangat that is very well tight knit. you will see these people at camp, at gurdwara, out social outtings, and thus gives you a reliable back bone of a sangat to lean on and support you at any time in your life.

PM me if you have further questions