This Question Is For All Amritdhari / Kesadhari Sikh Mundey

I would like to know from you guys that do you ever feel tempted to just cut your hair and remove pagg ; for not only fitting in norms of society but also to get a good handsome appearance . And also for less obstructions in marriages ( some girls don't like pagg wale mundey . They want clean shaven baby face ) , airports security checks , etc ?

I am kesadhari 20 year old and I have kept my kes because :

To maintain sikhi of my future generations . I dont want to kill an entire generation of my descendants from sikhi saroop .

I would like to know from you guys that do you ever feel tempted to just cut your hair and remove pagg ; for not only fitting in norms of society but also to get a good handsome appearance . And also for less obstructions in marriages ( some girls don't like pagg wale mundey . They want clean shaven baby face ) , airports security checks , etc ?

To maintain sikhi of my future generations . I dont want to kill an entire generation of my descendants from sikhi saroop .

I've accutally never been tempted to cut my hair, or remove my pagg... I accutally try my best to die a good pagg (whoever knows me in real life, they must know how my pagg is :p)

If you can remember, I started a thread, on how to grow my beard (at 13 :L: ) A beard accutally looks so cool :cool:

Kesh and Pagg :cool: It doesn't get better than that.

I've accutally never been tempted to cut my hair, or remove my pagg... I accutally try my best to die a good pagg (whoever knows me in real life, they must know how my pagg is :p)

If you can remember, I started a thread, on how to grow my beard (at 13 :L: ) A beard accutally looks so cool :cool:

Kesh and Pagg :cool: It doesn't get better than that.

In which country do u stay ?

You might as well ask if we ever thought of committing suicide because we love life and all its glory.

Of course, the answer is NEVER. In fact there is NEVER a need to contemplate such questions when one is too busy being being beautiful and grateful.

Such thoughts have nothing to do wth hair and pagg, they have to do with ignorance of hair and pagg and inability to live up to being a man. How could it be better when for the rest of your life you have to live with the fact that you did not have the courage to exist as a man?

If you think cutting 'hair and remove pagg' gives you a 'good handsome appearance' as well as making one more eligable to fit 'in norms of society', without being too judgemental except on what you have said; then Bhai Sahib Ji you have obviously not been blessed with the correct mindest yet required to even start to become a True Sikh of the Guru and so your name fits you perfectly :D

In this life, for a Sikh, there is simply the Guru's way (Caring and Fearing what the Guru thinks) or Maya's way (What the World thinks. Maya is Guru Ji's servant that has the whole world lost in pointless things). All the points you have mentioned come into one of these catergories.

Even the justification you give of 'I am kesadhari 20 year old and I have kept my kes because :

To maintain sikhi of my future generations . I dont want to kill an entire generation of my descendants from sikhi saroop ' is unfortunately what can be seen as being an incorrect reason.

It should be out of YOUR Love for the Guru and the overwhelming desire to follow Hukam to please Guru Ji. This view which you have just shared is similar to the parents of yesterday who tell their children to keep their hair and not cut it. When questioned by their children why? Can only ever give simple and non meaningful responses such as because this is what we do, or because I have said, or it is bad to cut your Hair, and so on.

In the end when you die, the perceptions of the world will not save you, the strength of the bond that YOU have with the Guru will - that's if it's strong enough :L: :p

You should do Ardas for this in Guru Ji's Kamal Charan Hazoori for a greater love and understanding, because without this you will undoubtedly question your own Sikhi and Principles, maybe find out that you have not come to YOUR own true realisation and justification of why to be a Keshdhari. This is when Maya, like how she has manifested as a thought already - temptation, may turn into a action.

rather the opposite. I (from a non sikh background) started keeping kesh and tying / wearing dastaar 4 years back. There is much more beauty in sikhi then anywhere else. sikhi is true nidhaan and should be treated as such. however i must say, i do feel tempted to cut ........ your internet wire cuz i find some of your posts are very anti-sikh. if you realy have a burning desire to be khalsa and your questions need answering, go into guru ji's ghar, and ask your questions to the sadhsangat within. dont forget to take your shoes off, cover your head and matha tekh!!!

as for marriages, it is senseless to find a partner based on whether or not they keep kesh or how 'good looking' they are. there are plenty of decent women out there who are willing to marry decent guys.

ive travelled loads, and havent really experianced any major hasstle because of my appearance.