2-Day Sikhi Camp For Coventry Sangat

Vaheguru ji ka Khalsa Vaheguru ji Ke fat-heh

Just wanted to let all Coventry and Surrounding area sangat know that there is a 2 day Sikhi Camp taking place at the Ramgharia Gurdwara, Foleshill Road, Coventry on

Saturday 7th August 9am-4:30pm

and Sunday 8th of August 9am- 12:30pm

Speaker include Singhrow from London and many other local speakers with good knowledge of their topics

Also over the two days there will be a vegetarian barbeque

Please attend - See poster for more details

post-25369-128085404947_thumb.jpg

Just wanted to let all Coventry and Surrounding area sangat know that there is a 2 day Sikhi Camp taking place at the Ramgharia Gurdwara, Foleshill Road, Coventry on

Saturday 7th August 9am-4:30pm

and Sunday 8th of August 9am- 12:30pm

Speaker include Singhrow from London and many other local speakers with good knowledge of their topics

Also over the two days there will be a vegetarian barbeque

Please attend - See poster for more details

Also a few sevadaars required if anybody's free on the day

To the Committee and Sewdars of Ramgharia Gurdwara, Coventry,

Apologies in advance for my abrasive attitude, but it's reached breaking point.

Please address the Party Hall, meat and sharab which take place at this Gurdwara before you even think you have the right to teach children about Sikhi. Having a Vegetarian BBQ does not mean anything when you can openly consume tandoori chicken in the Ramgharia (named after panth rattan Baba Jassa Singh Ramgharia) Hall.

Sewadars/Committees of Gurdwara complexes like Ramgharia Coventry have destroyed the image of Sikhi by promoting Manmat and then have the audacity to run a Gurmat camp to teach children about Sikhi. You are the ones who confused children in the first place.

First things first. Please take the responsiblity of bringing back the sanctity of this specific Coventry Gurdwara, stop the abuse of Baba Jassa Singh Ramgharia's title. Maybe once that's done then go out there and promote Sikhi to the next generation.

To the Committee and Sewdars of Ramgharia Gurdwara, Coventry,

Apologies in advance for my abrasive attitude, but it's reached breaking point.

Please address the Party Hall, meat and sharab which take place at this Gurdwara before you even think you have the right to teach children about Sikhi. Having a Vegetarian BBQ does not mean anything when you can openly consume tandoori chicken in the Ramgharia (named after panth rattan Baba Jassa Singh Ramgharia) Hall.

Sewadars/Committees of Gurdwara complexes like Ramgharia Coventry have destroyed the image of Sikhi by promoting Manmat and then have the audacity to run a Gurmat camp to teach children about Sikhi. You are the ones who confused children in the first place.

First things first. Please take the responsiblity of bringing back the sanctity of this specific Coventry Gurdwara, stop the abuse of Baba Jassa Singh Ramgharia's title. Maybe once that's done then go out there and promote Sikhi to the next generation.

Well its taking place whether you like it or not.

We will teach the sangat about Gurmat as per how we live - a Gursikh Lifestyle which happens to exclude Meat and Alcohol as per the Rehat Maryada we follow.

The hall has nothing to do with us and we also have no say. If you're saying that we should stop educating the youth because the elders can't see sense then you got another thing coming.

IF you THink you can stop it - COME AND TRY

Well its taking place whether you like it or not.

We will teach the sangat about Gurmat as per how we live - a Gursikh Lifestyle which happens to exclude Meat and Alcohol as per the Rehat Maryada we follow.

The hall has nothing to do with us and we also have no say. If you're saying that we should stop educating the youth because the elders can't see sense then you got another thing coming.

IF you THink you can stop it - COME AND TRY

Why is Ramgharia hall nothing to do with you or any other Sikh? We have seen many thousands, perhaps millions of Sikhs give their life up for principle, starting from Guru Arjan Dev Ji Maharaj. You can't just disassociate from a problem in the Panth by stating it's nothing to do with you. Neither can I disassociate from a problem in the Panth by saying it's nothing to do with me. We all have a collective reponsibility to Sikhi.

When those mahan shaheeds laid their lives for beadbi, justice or principle they never felt if was not their problem. I think this party hall, alcohol and meat situation has gone so far that no one sees it as a problem anymore. We are therefore all part of this promotion of the Sikh identity being boozers and party animal by emphasising these actions in our own Gurdwaras Halls.

You can't keep brushing the beadbi on your own doorstep under the carpet by saying it's nothing to do with you or you have no say. We are the Khalsa, we gave our sis to Maharaj, we gave your sis to upholding Sikh principles, how can we not have a say in something so detrimental to image of Sikhi. If we can't uphold Sikh maryada or stop the titles of our Gurdwara being abused then how can we put ourselves in positions to promote Sikhi. What Sikhi will we be promoting? Sikhi is not selective, we can't pick and choose what we like and ignore what we can't deal with. It's all or nothing.

These kids are going to be sitting is a Gurdwara named after Baba Jassa Singh Ramgharia. Baba Jassa Singh who stood for Sikh principles and who's misl would have destroyed the very party halls that today have their name attached to them.

It's time that WE [the sangat] grew up and realised if WE aren't doing anything about the problem, then WE are part of the problem no matter how many camps or mahan kirtan darbars we do.

Don't worry, I am not planning on coming down to stop the camp, I am sure the children will get a lot from it. But I would make a respectful request that the sewadars of Ramgharia Gurdwara Coventry realise the importance of the issue and take the responsiblity in abolishing the beadbi that has been going on for 20 years and not let it go on for another 20 years.

Why is Ramgharia hall nothing to do with you or any other Sikh? We have seen many thousands, perhaps millions of Sikhs give their life up for principle, starting from Guru Arjan Dev Ji Maharaj. You can't just disassociate from a problem in the Panth by stating it's nothing to do with you. Neither can I disassociate from a problem in the Panth by saying it's nothing to do with me. We all have a collective reponsibility to Sikhi.

When those mahan shaheeds laid their lives for beadbi, justice or principle they never felt if was not their problem. I think this party hall, alcohol and meat situation has gone so far that no one sees it as a problem anymore. We are therefore all part of this promotion of the Sikh identity being boozers and party animal by emphasising these actions in our own Gurdwaras Halls.

You can't keep brushing the beadbi on your own doorstep under the carpet by saying it's nothing to do with you or you have no say. We are the Khalsa, we gave our sis to Maharaj, we gave your sis to upholding Sikh principles, how can we not have a say in something so detrimental to image of Sikhi. If we can't uphold Sikh maryada or stop the titles of our Gurdwara being abused then how can we put ourselves in positions to promote Sikhi. What Sikhi will we be promoting? Sikhi is not selective, we can't pick and choose what we like and ignore what we can't deal with. It's all or nothing.

These kids are going to be sitting is a Gurdwara named after Baba Jassa Singh Ramgharia. Baba Jassa Singh who stood for Sikh principles and who's misl would have destroyed the very party halls that today have their name attached to them.

It's time that WE [the sangat] grew up and realised if WE aren't doing anything about the problem, then WE are part of the problem no matter how many camps or mahan kirtan darbars we do.

Don't worry, I am not planning on coming down to stop the camp, I am sure the children will get a lot from it. But I would make a respectful request that the sewadars of Ramgharia Gurdwara Coventry realise the importance of the issue and take the responsiblity in abolishing the beadbi that has been going on for 20 years and not let it go on for another 20 years.

Look Gursikh Pyaria, Dont you think we all know that??

Veer ji, You don't seem to know much about what the youth have tried/are trying to do to get rid of meat and sharaab from the external hall which is 1/4 mile away from the Gurdwara. Your above opinion means nothing to me. Come to the Gurdwara and speak to the Sevadaars and you will see what they have tried already to get rid of the problem and YOU can maybe suggest other ways of trying to remove the problem.

I will let the sevadaars know that another Gursikh Pyarah has got worked up about the problem ( the same problem we have been fighting to get rid of ever since we knew it was happening again) but has also pushed reponsibility onto someone else and wants nothing to do with helping the sangat with the issue

Shame you cant come to the camp Bhaaji, I would liked to have discussed this with you in person as these internet forums don't solve much

BTW the mahaan kirtan darbar has Jack all to do with the sevadaars/sangat at the Gurdwara. It was a family programme organised by one person

Vaheguru ji Ka Khalsaaaa Vaheguru Guru je Ke Fat-Hehhh

Gaj ki Jakaaraa bolaaveh Nihaaal ho Javeh ...Sat Sri Akaaaaaaluh

Look Gursikh Pyaria, Dont you think we all know that??

Veer ji, You don't seem to know much about what the youth have tried/are trying to do to get rid of meat and sharaab from the external hall which is 1/4 mile away from the Gurdwara. Your above opinion means nothing to me. Come to the Gurdwara and speak to the Sevadaars and you will see what they have tried already to get rid of the problem and YOU can maybe suggest other ways of trying to remove the problem.

I will let the sevadaars know that another Gursikh Pyarah has got worked up about the problem ( the same problem we have been fighting to get rid of ever since we knew it was happening again) but has also pushed reponsibility onto someone else and wants nothing to do with helping the sangat with the issue

Shame you cant come to the camp Bhaaji, I would liked to have discussed this with you in person as these internet forums don't solve much

BTW the mahaan kirtan darbar has Jack all to do with the sevadaars/sangat at the Gurdwara. It was a family programme organised by one person

Vaheguru ji Ka Khalsaaaa Vaheguru Guru je Ke Fat-Hehhh

Gaj ki Jakaaraa bolaaveh Nihaaal ho Javeh ...Sat Sri Akaaaaaaluh

This is the same crap given by camp organisers all the time.

Why cant you organise camps in places that do not own halls that run ANTI-GURMAT practices?

When i went to Khalsa Camp for the First and LAST time, we confronted organisers about the onsite bar. We were told we should look at our own jeevans before commenting.

Sorry, but the sandesh and previous hukham from akaal takht says Gurdwara premises should not include or support any NON GURMAT maryada.

By holding your camp at this gurdwara indirectly supports it.

biggrin.gifIts taking place

The meat shraab situation does need sorting, the commitee are just not listening to us sevadaars, if the sangat come down and protest we can arrange it but by no means are we for this - IT needs to stop ASAP and we have tried and tried

Maafi to the Cyber sangat for trying to educate the people who most dont bother to educate

Coventryseva,

Internet voices also represent real humans and real opinions. How funny that u used the 1/4 mile distance to justify beadbi of sikh maryada. U may have alresdy convinced yourself that the meat/sharab is acceptable due to this distance just like the committee of massa rangars have.

Things dont change if the attitudes of the local sewadars dont change. U let of a nihang singh jaikara in ur previous post, yet i cant see those qualities in the opinions you've expressed.