Sikh Channel Shame At Coventry This Past Weekend

GuruIshq

Did anyone go to Coventry on the weekend just gone? Sikh Channel were an EMBARRASSMENT. It's been over a year and you would think Sikh Channel would have got their tv crew trained up by now and be fully briefed on Gurdwara etiquette. Instead, you had girls in a MINI SKIRT and TIGHT SHORTS operating the cameras on the Mens side. In addition, they were chewing gum in Gurus darbaar. Me and my bro had to get up and move coz they were literally in my face. What the hell is all that about? And when Sikh Channel representatives were told, they didnt even care. No response other than "oh yeah". Its ridiculous. There also seems to be mega confusion as to who is who?! The people everyone thought were Sikh Channel reps, said they werent Sikh Channel reps but they were now Sikh TV reps!

The Sikh TV crew looked so much better with amrit dhaari Singhs at the forefront. Then I tried to get through to Sikh Channel to air my anger but no one rang me back and all the Singhs and Singhnia I used to know working for the channel are no longer working for the channel. Infact, I have been told that 90% of Sikh Channel staff are non-Sikh whereas when it first launched, 90% of the staff were Amrit dhaari Sikhs!!!

Surely these are MEGA steps backwards employing staff who chew gum, wear stupid clothes and have ciggie packs in their back pockets whilst representing Sikh Channel?!

The Sikh Channel seem to have lost the key Sikhy Principles that is was started for. I too have started to watch the sikh channel less and less over the past year. Some of the presenters on the show are an absolute disgrace. They are not even Amritdharis and are proper alcoholics and meat eaters and have done nothing for the community. They tend to spend most of there time chatting about things that have no concern to Joe Bloggs. Instead of wasting energy on discussion were are the educational programmes that are required to help assist all Sikhs regardless of age and knowledge to learn more about Sikhi. No one outside of Sikhi can watch the sikh channel and learn something about sikhism. I see committee members of Ramgarhia Sikh Temple on shows and this gurdwara allows meat and alcohol being served at the Hall which is owned by the gurdwara. Also the SIkh Channel broadcasted a discussion show from the hall were meat and alcohol is allowed, what kind of message is that ???? no wonder Sikhs today are confused. Too many mixed messages.

You will prob find they are most east europeans doing media courses and techinically cheap labour !! it is sad that we can't hire our sikhs brothers/sistes who already film etc for this purpose.. I agree it is quite embrassing for the sangat... it's like saying that we have no capable people to do filming etc.. I concur the channel has lost a lot of it's orginiality and needs to get back to what it started out as, all we see now are special discussion of ofcom ! sikh national council, etc etc.. never seen bbc have a debate on offcom report, maybe a 1 minute statement... personally what I really want to see is 10 Sikh channels, why ? cus it really cheeses me of seeing all the islamic ones, and to top it of sikh channel try to pass something not allowing any other channel !!! what the hell ??? come on sikh world, sikh HD, sikh 3dtv, sikh anything you want... let's have some competition for the sikh channel !!!

A lot of this is down to the parents in the way the children behave and the failure to ground them in the principle of Sikhi. Go round a Sikhs house and they will reel off the latest Bollywood blockbuster or Bhangra band yet ask them the concepts of Miri/Piri they are at a loss.

If you think our religion has problems look at the Abrahamic faiths. Only recently the Church of England still cannot decide on allowing women bishops, yet Guru Nanak in his infinite wisdom gave praise and equality to women many hundred of years ago. We as Sikhs have a sound belief system that has stood the test of time and can be used as a basis for the fair and equal treatment of mankind, lets not get too hung up when our youth and parents lack etiquette.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh,

Firstly we would like to apologise.

These interns from Europe are working as Seva and are NOT PAID, and Mr Bal provides free accommodation for them AT HIS OWN COST, but you have a good point about dress and we WILL sort this out.

We are looking for Sikh brothers and sisters who would give some time to Sikh Channel and help us. If you know anyone and anyone who has experience in media then please contact us. Sikh Channel has its doors open to all our Sikhs brothers and sisters.. If we can get camera and technical people then we wouldn't need interns.

These interns from Europe are working as Seva and are NOT PAID, and Mr Bal provides free accommodation for them AT HIS OWN COST, but you have a good point about dress and we WILL sort this out.

We are looking for Sikh brothers and sisters who would give some time to Sikh Channel and help us. If you know anyone and anyone who has experience in media then please contact us. Sikh Channel has its doors open to all our Sikhs brothers and sisters.. If we can get camera and technical people then we wouldn't need interns.

Who cares if Mr Bal gives them free accomodation. There is so much ego shown by this channel recently.

Seeing that the Sikh Channel is so proactive on the internet, can it confirm that Panth Paneeri at Guru Tegh bahadur SahiB Gurdwara Southampton will be cancelled? I'm sure they have see the thread about this Gurdwara doing meat "langar". Its time to prove how panthic Sikh Channel actually is........

These interns from Europe are working as Seva and are NOT PAID, and Mr Bal provides free accommodation for them AT HIS OWN COST, but you have a good point about dress and we WILL sort this out.

It's disgusting to find that SC can only respond via forums and not actually answer emails and phone calls of complaints.

People should not believe Sikh Channel or trust them at all. They want Sikh brothers and sisters to to come and help them - but they are treated like such crap. A LOT of Singhs and Singhnia went to help Sikh Channel but were treated like so horribly, you just wouldnt believe. Tell me Sikh Channel, what happened to Amrit-dhaari Sikhs like Rajvinder Kaur, Amrique Kaur, Prabhjyot Kaur, Manpreet Kaur, Baldip Singh, Darminder Singh, Gursevak Singh, Aman Singh, Jagmohan Singh, Nirmal Singh TO NAME A FEW? They were good channel controllers, or presenters, or editors, or journalists. What happened? What happened is, you treated them like cr*p and they all left because they were doing seva, getting paid pennies (if anything at all), and were abused in some way or the other. How many Singhs and Singhnia work at Sikh Channel now?

Dear sangat, we have so much talent in the Sikh community, even just around the West Midlands. They were all sent to Sikh Channel at some point in the first 6-9 months on a mission to do seva and offer their services. However, they were abused so badly by Davinder Bal, that they left because they felt it was spiritually and mentally draining them - all because of the owner of Sikh Channel.

If it wasnt for the businessman Davinder Bal and his greed for money and a bit of power, Sikh Channel wouldnt need dodgy european interns - they would have sevadars, Sikh volunteers, doing all this for them.

We are dropping our dd's. Between all my family we have 8 dds and contribute around £80/month. The sikh channel has not listened to any of our requests regarding issues of beadbi at gurdwaras. They dont even have the manners to respond to requests. The talk shows are repetitive and boring. The presenters are a joke, sell outs like dhesi. The whole set up in un panthic