Sikh Channel Shame At Coventry This Past Weekend

GuruIshq

These interns from Europe are working as Seva and are NOT PAID, and Mr Bal provides free accommodation for them AT HIS OWN COST

Are we supposed to be impressed by this Mr Sikh Channel ? He's saving £10,000 on labour costs by spending £500 on accomodation costs and we're supposed to be in awe at his kindness ? :wacko:

Just how stupid do you think we are ?

I'm one of the less stupid ones who cancelled our Direct Debit months ago. We stopped watching many months ago when every non-Sikh visitor to our house said, after glimpsing the TV, how miserable all the female jatha kirtan singers looked....as if they were hating every second of what they were doing. Certainly not in the bliss that we kept telling these non-Sikhs about. The fact that you can't even coach and teach your guests to smile showed us what a poor amateur operation Sikh Channel was. We took our money and ran before you did a 'Punjab Channel' on us and our direct debits

Did anyone go to Coventry on the weekend just gone? Sikh Channel were an EMBARRASSMENT. It's been over a year and you would think Sikh Channel would have got their tv crew trained up by now and be fully briefed on Gurdwara etiquette. Instead, you had girls in a MINI SKIRT and TIGHT SHORTS operating the cameras on the Mens side. In addition, they were chewing gum in Gurus darbaar. Me and my bro had to get up and move coz they were literally in my face. What the hell is all that about? And when Sikh Channel representatives were told, they didnt even care. No response other than "oh yeah". Its ridiculous. There also seems to be mega confusion as to who is who?! The people everyone thought were Sikh Channel reps, said they werent Sikh Channel reps but they were now Sikh TV reps!

The Sikh TV crew looked so much better with amrit dhaari Singhs at the forefront. Then I tried to get through to Sikh Channel to air my anger but no one rang me back and all the Singhs and Singhnia I used to know working for the channel are no longer working for the channel. Infact, I have been told that 90% of Sikh Channel staff are non-Sikh whereas when it first launched, 90% of the staff were Amrit dhaari Sikhs!!!

Surely these are MEGA steps backwards employing staff who chew gum, wear stupid clothes and have ciggie packs in their back pockets whilst representing Sikh Channel?!

I agree with the above as I was recording the event also, the go-ree females were inappropriately dressed and were chewing gum. I found it particularly offensive and uncomfortable to be around also. They were the same at Prakash 2010 in Hayes.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh,

Firstly we would like to apologise.

These interns from Europe are working as Seva and are NOT PAID, and Mr Bal provides free accommodation for them AT HIS OWN COST, but you have a good point about dress and we WILL sort this out.

We are looking for Sikh brothers and sisters who would give some time to Sikh Channel and help us. If you know anyone and anyone who has experience in media then please contact us. Sikh Channel has its doors open to all our Sikhs brothers and sisters.. If we can get camera and technical people then we wouldn't need interns.

Cool. And while we've got you on here, what's your stance on the Gravesend Gurdwarra meat issue, Have you guys covered that on the Sikh Channel yet Because it's a wayyy bigger issue than this.

Everyone knows there should not even have been a vote on it because it is such a disgusting idea.

Cool. And while we've got you on here, what's your stance on the Gravesend Gurdwarra meat issue, Have you guys covered that on the Sikh Channel yet Because it's a wayyy bigger issue than this.

Everyone knows there should not even have been a vote on it because it is such a disgusting idea.

Sikh Channel will find it difficult taking a stance on this issue. Bal will not want to lose the support of a rich Bhatra community...

Have shame - those who want to shut down Sikh Channel any reason for you lot to start an anti Sikh Chnl campaign - if you saw inappropriate dressing why didn't you talk there and then why now??

Next time the girls will dress properly - it has been noted ,at least those girls actually stick by Sikh Chnl and come to our Gurdwareh unlike 99% of our Panjabi girls who would prefer an night out at Oceana Or Liquids nightclubs,besides the goria aint bad looking.

Have shame - those who want to shut down Sikh Channel any reason for you lot to start an anti Sikh Chnl campaign - if you saw inappropriate dressing why didn't you talk there and then why now??

Next time the girls will dress properly - it has been noted ,at least those girls actually stick by Sikh Chnl and come to our Gurdwareh unlike 99% of our Panjabi girls who would prefer an night out at Oceana Or Liquids nightclubs,besides the goria aint bad looking.

They were told. Sikh Channel were approached and they said it wasn't their responsibility actually. They were also approached after the divaan but no response hence why the post on this forum - seems Sikh Channel only respond when they are publicly shamed. Then its a case of "panic panic, damage control".

And you disgust me by sticking by these Sikh Channel "goriaa"... these are the ones who were asking for directions to central london after Parkash 2010 program on the Saturday night. It's been over a year yet Sikh Channel can't even get the basic dress code right?!

Its people like you making excuses for the Sikh Channel that is turning Sikhi into a laughing joke and this is why we can't even get the basics done like destroying these Gurdwara commitees who server Bacon n Eggs as Langar. Disgusting.

Meat Gurdwara issue aside that can be dealt with as a panth - Akal Takht should be informed - not Sikh Chnl ,but we can't shut down our 1 and only Sikh Chnl.I dont see the Muslims doing this with their channels 'oh i cancelled my dd' this and that.What would we rather have our Sikh Homes paying for pro India pro Hindutva Channels like Alpha ETC panjabi and Zee or Sikh Chnl?

I don't know what goes on in UK and with the channel but i would strongly suggest to sangat to work out with the channel team no matter what situation is. It is very hard task to run a channel and doing compromise stuff here and there is natural stuff to do.. I am sure that something can work out if lines of communications are clear on both ends. I would strongly suggest SikhChannel to hold behind the door bi-annual meetings or some sort with sikh activists (like from this forum) etc to clear issues like clothing and so on..

i know Davinder Bal he is a great guy and trying his best since he doesn't have a lot of knowledge of Sikhism. Although hes ultimately responsible and gets all the blame...its all the other people at SC

that are so unhelpful and withdrawan, and its them that do all the things wrong.

But DS Bal is a great person hes simple and has a lot of pyaar for people and needs a lot of support from proper Gurmukh people as to how the channel should progress and not the likes of Dhesi who doesn't even believe in Guru Gobind Singh Ji's sacred writings.