Is It Really Bad To Cut Some Facial Hair

So i was wandering is it really that bad to cut your facial hair. i mean keep the turban and everything but just some so girls dont find you as a super hairy guy. and i mean cut some like diljit http://www.diljit.net/images/wallpapers/diljit1024w7.jpg like that. i am sure it isnt that bad. SO is it okay? but besides that your a good person who does gurbani and stuff.

Waheguru Ji ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji ki Fateh!

Veer Ji,

Please don't cut your hair or trim it or anything of the sorts. I know its tempting but don't do it. Just remind yourself waheguru put the hair there for a reason. We might not know it but if there wasn't a reason, we wouldn't have it. Isn't it better to be safe, then sorry? Just trust Waheguru and don't cut it.

I am a girl and have spent most my life being insecure about my hair before I started walking this path. I know what it feels like. I use to hate my long hair and on top of that i had horrible facial hair. All I wanted more then anything was a cute haircut and laser hair removal on the facial hair. But Sikhi helped me accept myself, for who I am. I don't even notice my hair anymore and wouldn't dream of cutting it.

Please accept everything Waheguru Ji gives you and don't change it. You might struggle with it today but tomorrow when Waheguru Ji helps you understand, you will be very grateful you didn't mistake of cutting them.

Sorry, If I said anything wrong.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

So i was wandering is it really that bad to cut your facial hair. i mean keep the turban and everything but just some so girls dont find you as a super hairy guy. and i mean cut some like diljit http://www.diljit.net/images/wallpapers/diljit1024w7.jpg like that. i am sure it isnt that bad. SO is it okay? but besides that your a good person who does gurbani and stuff.

Japjeev, those older than you have let you down with their stupidity and week and cowardly ways in cutting. Good for you for at least asking questions. Here is what you would really be asking if you were an adult.... hope it gives you a bit of insight.

So i was wandering is it really that bad to lack confidence and be barbarically ignorant of the basic tenets of the faith you profess. i mean keep the turban and everything but don’t have enough to offer as a man to get the attention of girls and don't have enough confidence as a man to not worry about girls. and i mean learn from someone like diljit, or guru gobind singh ji.

To cut facial hair is dead wrong, ignorant and pure buffoonery, but here’s an attempt at justification: i am sure it isnt that bad. SO is it okay? but besides that your a good person who does gurbani and stuff.

Yes but i think i have too much confidence i thats one of the reason i have been rejected by so many girls. so i dont think that is a problem. but i was thinking just a little bit woudnt hurt.

Confidence is being loyal, intelligent and aware of the tenets of the faith one proclaims. Without that, what one thinks is too much confidence is nothing more than the shell of arrogance.

How old are you? Your "just a little bit" response makes it appear as if you're either posing or you're no older than 13, but that's a pretty early age to worry about 'girls'.

To answer the question as to whether you should remove facial hair..., first understand the basis for a Sikh to keep hair and you will have your answer. So tell us, what is the basis for a Sikh to keep their hair? If you don't know say so.

Confidence is being loyal, intelligent and aware of the tenets of the faith one proclaims. Without that, what one thinks is too much confidence is nothing more than the shell of arrogance.

How old are you? Your "just a little bit" response makes it appear as if you're either posing or you're no older than 13, but that's a pretty early age to worry about 'girls'.

To answer the question as to whether you should remove facial hair..., first understand the basis for a Sikh to keep hair and you will have your answer. So tell us, what is the basis for a Sikh to keep their hair? If you don't know say so.

I am 15 year old. And By Basis do you mean the reason why we have hair? I am pretty sure to keep our identity, So that we dont get mixed up. But doesnt the pagg and head hair give us identity.

veer ji, if the purpose of hair was just to make us stand apart, why would Waheguru Ji give hair to everyone? The difference between sikhs and rest of the world, that makes us stand apart, we bow to Waheguru Ji and accept everything he gives us. Including our hair.

By cutting even one hair, you are disrespecting Waheguru and not accepting him. And that is not a sikh

veere fateh

das is 16 :) so i can relate to you..the time is such that we're affected by the panj chor (kaam/lust krodh/anger lob/greed moh/attachment ahankar/ego) from a very young age. what youve got to think through is that is it 'girls' you want to please or is it Maharaj Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji Kalgeeyan Wali Choji Preetam ji. If its maharaj ji then firstly youve got to begin to atleast try to truly see all girls your age as your sisters and once that problem is lessened you'll begin to see what you really want..quite honestly trim your facial hair now and you will regret it later on.

Ive been through similar emotions when i was younger in the past and being in a all white school it was quite hard.. but once you seperate what it is you really want.. the love of maharaj, the ras and anand of naam or the superficial tempremental nimakh matar swad of worldly things. quite honestly if i left it upto my chanchal everwondering minds choice then id be in the same position as you but only when you truly hand over the reins of your life to maharaj is when you recieve the strenght to fight your manmat. we alone cant do anything ask maharaj for mental strength and chardikala to fight your mind. but you do have to recognize its not just a little thing in maharajs eyes its one of the four bujjar kurehats..its super baaaaad.

and oh yeaah haha like penji is saying.. maharaj wasnt having an identity inferiority complex when they gave us the hukum to keep kesh. It is respecting everything akal purkh waheguru has given to us. right look at it this way theres so many chardikala bibia out there with facial hari.. and why do they keep it? Because of their true unshakeable love for satguru...thats truly beautiful. Cutting your facial hair might make you look more physicall beautiful (although i highly doubt).. but the mentality which would have caused you to does display ugly manmat.

sorry if i sound harsh. just consider me advising you with my moorakta as a younger brother so dont mind.. but do honestly think about what i said atleast

Well yes we have a turban and that gives us identity and also even if we cut our hair god will still love us and give us the same he gives others. in my opinion if a person is good like helps other, does gurbani, never hurts anyone, no drugs or addiction for it. he will surely be loved by god. but it isnt like he wont love us if we cut our hair. if a bad person does drugs, hurts other, but has a turban. what will make god love him? just because he has a turban doesnt mean god will love him and he will go to Guru ji or heaven.

sorry for grammar mistakes but i just had to get that off my chest

Well yes we have a turban and that gives us identity and also even if we cut our hair god will still love us and give us the same he gives others. in my opinion if a person is good like helps other, does gurbani, never hurts anyone, no drugs or addiction for it. he will surely be loved by god. but it isnt like he wont love us if we cut our hair. if a bad person does drugs, hurts other, but has a turban. what will make god love him? just because he has a turban doesnt mean god will love him and he will go to Guru ji or heaven.

sorry for grammar mistakes but i just had to get that off my chest

hahaha awww veere.. if you had already made your mind up you should of gone to the hairdressers not this forum laugh.giflaugh.gif however think about it.. is love a one way thing? is it a deal.. i do this this and this good thing, then god will love me even if i dont keep my kesh ?

jin prem kio thin hee prabh paeo..

if you truly want to be get to maharaj then you must keep true prem.. be ready to do everything.. keep the inner and outer rehat which includes keeping kesh :) the things you mention are very very very important..they might make you a good christian or a muslim or a hindu.. but for me atleast a sikhi is a hukmi person tries to listen to every hukum of guru ji of which keeping kesh is very primary.!