Meat Eating Allowedhi Just A Question I Can’T Find Answer. Any Limitations To Eat Meat? Punjab Dishes Are Often Based On Fish, Chicken And Lamb Meat

NO meat is allowed in sikhism. People that do eat meat and call themselves sikhs are pakhandis or fakers. They try to change sikhi by what THEY think and not follow what is says in Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji. And all Meat is forbidden.

NO meat is allowed in sikhism. People that do eat meat and call themselves sikhs are pakhandis or fakers. They try to change sikhi by what THEY think and not follow what is says in Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji. And all Meat is forbidden.

I done dandavat to the truthful principle of aimsha

if warriors like Sikhs

follows this,

so i have to learn more and more of your educations and philosophy,

thanks, you give me the great honor to know you.

Best regards.

WJKK WJKF

"O human being, whatever you can see with your eyes, shall perish.

The world eats dead carcasses, living by neglect and greed. ((Pause))

Like a goblin, or a beast, they kill and eat the forbidden carcasses of meat.

So control your urges, or else you will be seized by the Lord, and thrown into the tortures of hell"

Ang 723

"You kill living beings, and call it a righteous action.

Tell me, brother, what would you call an unrighteous action?

You call yourself the most excellent sage; then who would you call a butcher? ((2))"

Ang 1103

"Do not say that the Vedas, the Bible and the Koran are false.

Those who do not contemplate them are false.

You say that the One Lord is in all, so why do you kill chickens? ((1)) "

Ang 1350

"Kabeer, they oppress living beings and kill them, and call it proper.

When the Lord calls for their account, what will their condition be? ((199)) "

Ang 1375

"Telling lies, they eat dead bodies. And yet, they go out to teach others.

They are deceived, and they deceive their companions. O Nanak, such are the leaders of men. ॥1॥"

Ang 139

"To take what rightfully belongs to another, would be like a Muslim eating pork, or a Hindu eating beef.

Our Guru, our Spiritual Guide, stands by us, if we do not eat those carcasses.

By mere talk, people do not earn passage to Heaven. Salvation comes only from the practice of Truth.

By adding spices to forbidden foods, they are not made acceptable.

O Nanak, from false talk, only falsehood is obtained. ॥2॥"

Ang 141

"In this Dark Age of Kali Yuga, people have faces like dogs; they eat rotting carcasses for food.

They bark and speak, telling only lies; all thought of righteousness has left them"

Ang 1242

"Kabeer, those mortals who consume marijuana, fish and wine

- no matter what pilgrimages, fasts and rituals they follow, they will all go to hell. ॥233॥"

Ang 1377

"The fools argue about flesh and meat, but they know nothing about meditation and spiritual wisdom. What is called meat, and what is called green vegetables? What leads to sin? It was the habit of the gods to kill the rhinoceros, and make a feast of the burnt offering. Those who renounce meat, and hold their noses when sitting near it, devour men at night. They practice hypocrisy, and make a show before other people, but they do not understand anything about meditation or spiritual wisdom. O Nanak, what can be said to the blind people? They cannot answer, or even understand what is said."

Ang 1289

The final word is stated in Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji. Meat is not allowed in Sikhism no matter what Jathebandi's say or fellow Sikhs might say. One cannot be a proper Sikh and eat meat or cut hair.

I hope this helped

Bhul Chuk Maaf

There is several arguements for and against this topic...

- Bottom Line is...SGPC Rehit Maryada does NOT forbid the eating of meat...the official line is the following must be avoided

"2. Eating the meat of an animal slaughtered the Muslim way; " directly quoted from the SGPC website.

- Nihang Singhs consider slaughtering animals by jhatka as an essential part of the warrior lifestyle "kshatri dharam" there is enough historical evidence to support this tradition dates back hundreds of years...they consider the meat slaughtered by jhatka as "mahaprashad".

- Various Jathabandis, AKJ etc...jave there own Maryada and completely denoucne meat...

It's basically a big can of worms...this topic has been discussed so many times and normally ends up with admin/mods closing or deleting the posts....you see "selective" use of bani and verses to tryand justify each parties patricular views...etc..

Each to their own..theres better and bigger things to worry about than who's eating meat and whos not,....

- Bottom Line is...SGPC Rehit Maryada does NOT forbid the eating of meat...the official line is the following must be avoided

Are you a guru's sikh or a SGPC sikh?

Mod Note: Sikhsangat forum takes the stand that meat eating is against Gurmat, and that there is no debate on the matter. Topic Closed.