Query Over Mool Mantar And Japji Sahib

WJKKWJKF

Taking Baba Nand Singh Jee's bachan of 250 Sri JapJee Sahib paath a month or 6 Malas of Mool Mantar a day for a month is equivalent to a Sehaj Paath we could say 6 Mool Mantr mala = 9 JapJee Sahib approx (250/30 = 9 approx)

So then to get the total number of mool mantr mala for sava lakh we can say: 125000 / 108 = 1160 malas approx

then we can say ( 1160 / 6 ) * 9 = 1746 approx

If I've said anything wrong please accept my apologies.

WJKKWJKF

If you mean that how many paaths of Japuji Sahib can be recited instead of Mool Mantar, this is against the concept of Sikhi. Each and Every word of Gurubani has an equal importance.A man can unite with God only by reciting the word"Waheguru" for one time.Guru Gobind Singh ji says,

"ਏਕ ਚਿੱਤ ਜਿਹ ਇਕ ਛਿਨ ਧਿਆਇਓ ॥

ਕਾਲ ਫਾਸਿ ਕੇ ਬੀਚ ਨ ਆਇਓ ॥੧੦॥"

He Who meditates upon Him with single mind even for an instant;

He doth not come within the trap of death. 10."

But But For the reciting "Waheguru,” which unites us with God

, we may have to recite"waheguru" even for millions times or even for once.

Moreover, plz do not make gurubani subject to Mathematics and Accountancy.

ਏਕ ਅਖਰੁ ਹਰਿ ਮਨਿ ਬਸਤ ਨਾਨਕ ਹੋਤ ਨਿਹਾਲ ॥੧॥

One whose mind is filled with the One Word of the Lord, O Nanak, becomes totally blissful. ||1||

Gurmukh Sodhi ji,

I wonder then why Baba Deep Singh ji daily recited 108 japji sahib paaths. Please FYI... Waheguru is ourGurmantar to be recited 24/7 hours/days lifetime. Asking my self...Am i doing that????? NO.

Also Whole SGGSji a nothing but naam. if i recite Mool mantar or Japji sahib or Sukhmani Sahib or any OTHER Gurbani shabad from SGGSji.... it is nothing but Naam. but Real Taste or Ras of Naam comes only when we do it with Mind Concentration(Single Mind) and Abiyaas.

Also there are three Margs to Satguru-----NAAM/SEVA/SHAHEEDHI.

Kaho Kabeer Akhar Doi Paakh.....Hoyegha Kasam Leye Ga Raakh. So whther you take Gurmantar or Ram or VahoVaho or Vaheguru or Japji sahib,Sukhmani. Objective is to Still you mind and become thoughtless.

If you mean that how many paaths of Japuji Sahib can be recited instead of Mool Mantar, this is against the concept of Sikhi. Each and Every word of Gurubani has an equal importance.A man can unite with God only by reciting the word"Waheguru" for one time.Guru Gobind Singh ji says,

"ਏਕ ਚਿੱਤ ਜਿਹ ਇਕ ਛਿਨ ਧਿਆਇਓ ॥

ਕਾਲ ਫਾਸਿ ਕੇ ਬੀਚ ਨ ਆਇਓ ॥੧੦॥"

He Who meditates upon Him with single mind even for an instant;

He doth not come within the trap of death. 10."

But But For the reciting "Waheguru," which unites us with God

, we may have to recite"waheguru" even for millions times or even for once.

Moreover, plz do not make gurubani subject to Mathematics and Accountancy.

ਏਕ ਅਖਰੁ ਹਰਿ ਮਨਿ ਬਸਤ ਨਾਨਕ ਹੋਤ ਨਿਹਾਲ ॥੧॥

One whose mind is filled with the One Word of the Lord, O Nanak, becomes totally blissful. ||1||

Basically i wanted to ask,

Some Gurmukhs do 40day jaap of Moolmantar(1,25,000 Jaaps). My query was How many Japji sahibs are equivalent to 1,25,000 Moolmantar. I had Sant Attar Singh Mastuana Wale ji's audios where Santji had mention about this...but i lost the audio clip

1. I wonder then why Baba Deep Singh ji daily recited 108 japji sahib paaths.

2. Also Whole SGGSji a nothing but naam..

3. Also there are three Margs to Satguru-----NAAM/SEVA/SHAHEEDHI.

1.Isn't it 101 jaaps?

2. Also Whole SGGSji everything ( naam is everything too ) :happy:

3. There are only 2 margs :

.....A) Naam and seva (and amrit (

.....B) Naam, Seva and Shaheedi (and amrit )

I wonder then why Baba Deep Singh ji daily recited 108 japji sahib paaths.

Every man on this earth has two types of hunger- meal for body and Naam for soul. First we talk about the hunger for meal. Some person satisfies by eating only two breads, some eats, four breads, even some persons I have seen eating fifteen breads in once. The same thing applies to the hunger for Naam. Some persons require path of Japuji sahib for only once. some require two times in a day, and some person require five times, some require twenty one, some require 101 or 108 times in a day.But there is a slight difference between the hunger for Naam and hunger for meal. When a person recites Naam, his hunger goes on increasing.That is why Baba Deep Singh ji recited so much.

Please FYI... Waheguru is ourGurmantar

I am very thankful to you for telling this to me. Still, I want to say one thing. Even a child, who born to Gursikhs, knows it.

Please FYI... Waheguru is ourGurmantar to be recited 24/7 hours/days lifetime. Asking my self...Am i doing that????? NO.

Ah! This fault is my own. I should have added that when a Sikh Recite "waheguru" which unites him with God, his rom-rom began to recite "waheguru" 24 hours a day. But this avastha comes to very rare persons.

Also Whole SGGSji a nothing but naam. if i recite Mool mantar or Japji sahib or Sukhmani Sahib or any OTHER Gurbani shabad from SGGSji.... it is nothing but Naam. but Real Taste or Ras of Naam comes only when we do it with Mind Concentration(Single Mind) and Abiyaas.

&

My query was How many Japji sahibs are equivalent to 1,25,000 Moolmantar.

Is it not a contradiction?

I am ever ready to correct myself.

Sadsangat ji,

Could you please provide info abt. How many Japji Sahibs paaths are equivalent to Sava Lakh Mool Mantar?

That will be very easy to figure out jee.

Sit down. Start timer. start reciting moolmantars. do mool mantars only as much as to cover the time as it took you to do one japuji sahib.

now divide swa lakh moolmantars with that many mool mantars.there you go, that many Japuji sahibs.

lets say you do one japuji sahib in 15 mins. and you do 50 moolmantars in 15 mins. so it will be about 2500 japuji sahibs.

so u do 25 japuji sahib a day and you will be done in 100 days. about swa 3 maheene.

u can send check to any Golak at any gurughar for paying for my mathematics formula providing services :-))

I wonder then why Baba Deep Singh ji daily recited 108 japji sahib paaths.

if japji 1 paath, with affection is done in about, lets say 10 mins, we are looking at about 6 per hour. to do 108 would take 18 hours. Do you think then that Baba Ji actually spent 18 hours of his day reading Japji Sahib? Just a thought...

• 3 weeks later...

if japji 1 paath, with affection is done in about, lets say 10 mins, we are looking at about 6 per hour. to do 108 would take 18 hours. Do you think then that Baba Ji actually spent 18 hours of his day reading Japji Sahib? Just a thought...

I know that one pretty famous Giani can do Japji Sahib in 3 mins. As he is so spiritual that he can slow down time.

it's possible, plus you can do Japji Sahib whilst doing seva,etc. Baba Deep Singh was no ordinary person remember.

Please do correct me and slate my view, but i agree with Gurmukh Sodhi. My opinion is surely someone who just prays even mool mantar or just does satnam waheguru simran with a true heart and really means and wants to do it has more connection with waheguru than some one that recites all of the banis everyday but when they do, they see it as a formailty or chore which they must do as they have too do it as they took amrit. They hate having to get up at amritvela everyday and sometimes would prefer a lie in.

Also a few centuries back most people I believe must have been illiterate (no evidence, but it is just common sense to assume), so how could they have recited bani, when they could not have read it? Surely in their own homes they would just recite whatever they had remembered or did simran. Or went to Gurdwara, which is not possible for all to go to as it may be a distance away.