Sikhs Minority In Punjab

mellow.gif I wont be surprised if next census of punjab reveals sikhs as minority in their own homeland punjab !

( Sikhs in this context mean atleast keshadhari person ) .

Even on punjabi channels , I see one sardar for every 100 monne . Situation is so bad ! huh.gif

And don't discount the bhaiyye coming into punjab from other states and sikhs moving from panjab to foreign countries.

Actually you won't have to Waite until the Census - it is evident NOW. In Punjab most people wear Western clothes, cut hair, speak HInd/English, some attend the Christian Schools or go on Hindu temple pilgrimages, join Pakhandi Sadh Dera's, consume drugs / alcohol, sell their vote, kill unborn female babies, are uneducated sheep looking at money instead of faith etc. Sadly it is the Sikh community outside Punjab that is now keeping to the Khalsa path. UK and Canada are now the main homes of Sikhism where we have what we don't in India OUR own Tv channels, Radio stations and Punjabi newsprint not to mention the BIGGEST Gurdwara's outside of India. Punjab will indeed be diluted with other cultures / tribes from around India as there is a vacuum left because every young Sikh boy/girl desperately wants to leave by any-which-way to abroad ie marry, work visa or illegal entry. Punjab will soon be a mythical Sikh state that once had a GREAT History like our Sikh Raj half lost in Pakistan.

Actually you won't have to Waite until the Census - it is evident NOW. In Punjab most people wear Western clothes, cut hair, speak HInd/English, some attend the Christian Schools or go on Hindu temple pilgrimages, join Pakhandi Sadh Dera's, consume drugs / alcohol, sell their vote, kill unborn female babies, are uneducated sheep looking at money instead of faith etc. Sadly it is the Sikh community outside Punjab that is now keeping to the Khalsa path. UK and Canada are now the main homes of Sikhism where we have what we don't in India OUR own Tv channels, Radio stations and Punjabi newsprint not to mention the BIGGEST Gurdwara's outside of India. Punjab will indeed be diluted with other cultures / tribes from around India as there is a vacuum left because every young Sikh boy/girl desperately wants to leave by any-which-way to abroad ie marry, work visa or illegal entry. Punjab will soon be a mythical Sikh state that once had a GREAT History like our Sikh Raj half lost in Pakistan.

Today's punjab is not our guru's punjab . It is panjab of nastiks !

I stay in Mumbai ( where sikhs are a very small minority ) but I think sikhs here are keeping better rehat as compared to panjabis !

Ofcourse , here also u see sikh boys cutting hair but no more than in panjab !

of course , sikhism throughout india is not too strong now .SAD!

I know I will be name called, gurds aint a sikh, called a Hindhu etc. but the FACTS.

Firstly what is Punjab. Punjab proper majority Muslim, (Even in Gurus times and in Maharaja Ranjit Singhs time also).

Punjab after 1947 . West Muslim Majority. East Hindhu Majority.

Punjab in mid 60's when the Punjabi Suba was made i.e. Punjab was split from Haryana and Himachal (even though the British added Haryana to Punjab state in the late 1800's.) Sikh Majority due to PEPSU added to Punjab state.

So what is Punjab, the definitions come from borders thought up by outsiders.

It is true Western countires and outside of Punjab Sikh keep more rehit.

What I see on this forum is lots of people who never live in Punjab commenting on the lifestyle, community and culture etc. What are the views of the Sikhs who live there? Esp. politics, in the west most Sikhs are anti congress. But akali are no better they are allies with BJP. Also Akali and congress takes turns running Punjab govt. so are they as bad as each other?