Why Is It That There Arent Many Sikhs At Independence Day Parade?

japjeev singh

So Today is independence day and i am in NY there is a parade every year. And i was watching the parade. Well what i noticed was there was only some sikhs and only about 2 vehicles that showed gurus and our sikhi heroes like bhagat singh. While there were many hindus and others. I mean Sikhs gave uncountable sacrifices for the independence that india has now. It feels like hindus dont accept us or something. DO you think this is right? I mean if it wasnt for Sikhs India wouldn't have had this freedom. What do you think?

Maybe the reason Sikh's weren't there is because they dont want to participate in celebrating the independence of a country which has given them nothing.

maybe the country has or hasn't given anything but our Sikh forefathers have given it everything so we should respect their sacrifice, treat this as a time to remember their values and what they did for us. As Churchill said "ask what you can do for your country, not what it can do for you"

it's a sad state of affairs that we feel we can't attend a parade that honours the independence gained by the sacrifices of mahaan Sikh Saheeds!

maybe the country has or hasn't given anything but our Sikh forefathers have given it everything so we should respect their sacrifice, treat this as a time to remember their values and what they did for us. As Churchill said "ask what you can do for your country, not what it can do for you"

it's a sad state of affairs that we feel we can't attend a parade that honours the independence gained by the sacrifices of mahaan Sikh Saheeds!

I think it was John F. Kennedy who said that. However, Sikhs have time and again proven what they can and have done for the country, and the country has also repeatedly shown what it can do for the Sikhs. No one here is unaware of who did what for whom and how much they did.

As for the parade, no one is stopping anyone from going. However, those who feel the pain of the Panth would never choose to go. The mahaan Sikh shaheeds who sacrificed their life for India are today not even looked upon as Sikhs. Even their pictures are shown with hats. That is the kind of Sikhs they want. Sorry, that is not the Sikh Gurujee wants.

• 2 weeks later...

What ever is happening right now is for GOOD - Let's take this as a lesson to us ... We need to record and pass these lessons to our future generations who will get the chance to RULE, who will get Khalistan - And the Lesson is "WHOM TO TRUST AND WHOM NOT TO TRUST".

WHOM SIKHS SHOULD NOT TRUST -

lessons start from the kingdom of Maharag Ranjit Singh who was betrayed by Dogras.

Khalsa again betrayed by Brahmins-Baniyas post 1947.

I still believe we should not remorse for anything - this is just a passing phase - Ardaas to Guru daily for Khalsa Raaj happens daily - So, Guru will definately give us the Khalse Raaj - but these current betrayls and setback was necessary to make us understand time and again - "WHOM to TRUST, and WHOM NOT TO".

Had Gangu Brahmin not been trusted, history would had been different, had BRAHMIN/BANIYA promises not been trusted in 1947, history would had been different - BUT, let's don't remorse, I always see this for +ve, take this as a lesson because GURU has more for us in FUTURE - but remember the past lesson and pass the learnt lesson to young generation ...

Bhul Chuk maaf

WJKK WJKF