Sikhs Protest In Anger After Amritdhari Sikh Trader'S Hair Is Forcibly Cut

Mehtab Singh

Sikhs took the streets in Vikaspuri area of West Delhi on Monday after a man from the community alleged that he was assaulted and his hair and beard shorn by four unidentified men in Nihal Vihar.

Police said the men came to Manjeet Singh's mobile phone shop at about 9 am for a recharge coupon. "There was an argument between Singh and the four men and one of them hit Singh after which he fell unconscious. When he woke up, Singh found his hair and beard shorn," said a senior police officer.Singh (30) informed his relatives about the matter and a police complaint was lodged in Nihal Vihar.

Meanwhile, some Sikhs blocked the Outer Ring Road near Vikaspuri to lodge their protest. "The protesters deflated tyres of two DTC low-floor buses and the brought traffic to a standstill for around half an hour," the police said. The protest was called off after senior police officers assured the protesters that the accused would be nabbed soon. A similar protest was reported from Tilak Nagar too.

http://sikhsangat.or...e2%80%99s-hair/

Sikhs took the streets in Vikaspuri area of West Delhi on Monday after a man from the community alleged that he was assaulted and his hair and beard shorn by four unidentified men in Nihal Vihar.

Police said the men came to Manjeet Singh's mobile phone shop at about 9 am for a recharge coupon. "There was an argument between Singh and the four men and one of them hit Singh after which he fell unconscious. When he woke up, Singh found his hair and beard shorn," said a senior police officer.Singh (30) informed his relatives about the matter and a police complaint was lodged in Nihal Vihar.

Meanwhile, some Sikhs blocked the Outer Ring Road near Vikaspuri to lodge their protest. "The protesters deflated tyres of two DTC low-floor buses and the brought traffic to a standstill for around half an hour," the police said. The protest was called off after senior police officers assured the protesters that the accused would be nabbed soon. A similar protest was reported from Tilak Nagar too.

http://sikhsangat.or...e2%80%99s-hair/

This is a dispicable act, the culprits should be found as soon as. Sikhs should protest, but I feel it should be directed in a correct manner. Deflating bus tyres and bringing traffic to a standstill does raise awareness, but I feel sometimes it can be negative. For example disrupting people who are in an emergency situation on route to hospital would not feel sympathy if they are caught up in a traffic jam, or people needing to get somewhere like jobs, airport etc. and even business people.

PLEASE DO NOT take my view the wrong way, I am fully acknowledging the fact the criminals should be prosecuted and public to be made aware. Cutting kesh forcably will NOT be tolerated by the SIKH community.

This is a dispicable act, the culprits should be found as soon as. Sikhs should protest, but I feel it should be directed in a correct manner. Deflating bus tyres and bringing traffic to a standstill does raise awareness, but I feel sometimes it can be negative. For example disrupting people who are in an emergency situation on route to hospital would not feel sympathy if they are caught up in a traffic jam, or people needing to get somewhere like jobs, airport etc. and even business people.

PLEASE DO NOT take my view the wrong way, I am fully acknowledging the fact the criminals should be prosecuted and public to be made aware. Cutting kesh forcably will NOT be tolerated by the SIKH community.

YES VEERJI , we understand what ur saying .unsure.gif

No offence, but i'm not sure if i believe this story. I don't understand how Guruji could let his Sikh have his hair forcibly cut. And when you consider the Sikhs of the past got tortured rather than having their haircut. Because Guruji protects us. So why should i not believe this is just propaganda being used to create tension between two communities. The media is a propaganda tool. They want us to hate eachother, so that we become like them. It starts off as a small story, but then they turn it into worldwide problems, then use the lies they told earlier as evidence. And its working, if you look in that Video, of all the angry Singhs, and they burst bus tyres and stuff, what was the need? Stuff like this just makes things worse, and that is what they want us to be like.

Can you guys see a trend? Anyone remember what happened in 1983 during Asian games? They made life hell for all Sikhs coming to Delhi from Punjab and made sure not a single Sikh could go watch the games. Sant Baba Jarnail Singh Ji Khalsa Bhindranwale also mentioned this and condemned it and raised his voice against it. Guess what, we have the Commonwealth games coming up in October. Where? In Delhi! Back then Sikhs were shown as violent lawless criminals, and that is exactly the same negative publicity they want to present to the world this time as well. These are the thoughts of one of my friends (Singh) from India, and I myself felt suspicious after he shared this with me.