~~**96 Krori Buddha Dal Uk Jorh Mela **~~

Ik-Oankar Satgur Prasad!

Sri Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

Sri Akaaal Purakh Ji Sahae!

With Jathedar Baba Joginder Singh Ji's presence in the UK, Gursikhs have been performing Sehaj Paths around the country. The bhog of the Sehaj Paths will be on the 22nd of August in Wolverhampton, corresponding with the Sikh festival of Rukhr Puniya.

The Eighth Guru, Sri Guru Harkrishan Ji Sahib, had instructed the Sikhs that the next Guru would be found at Baba Bakala. Within a short space of time twenty two false preachers proclaimed themselves to be the successor of Sri Guru Harkrishan Ji Sahib. Following the trials and tribulations of Makhan Shah Lubana, he found the True Guru. With great joy he climbed on top of the hut and proclaimed, "Guru Ladho Re, I have found the true Guru."

It is in celebration of this momentous occasion, and with the blessings of Guru Granth Panth, that Buddha Dal UK announces the following program.

15:30 Bhog Sri Sehaj Paths

17:15 Aarti Aarta and Ardas

18:00 – 20:00 Keertan and Katha

Both Jathedar Baba Joginder Singh Ji (Buddha Dal) and Giani Mehtab Singh (Tarna Dal Baba Bakala) will be in attendance. This is the first time in Sikh history that the Jathedar of Buddha Dal is present in the celebration of a Sikh festival in the Western hemisphere. Sikhs from around the world are encouraged to take part in this unique event.

More details to follow.

bhogr.jpg

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa! Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

The bhog of the Sehaj Paths will be on the 22nd of August in Wolverhampton, corresponding with the Sikh festival of Rukhr Puniya.

Jatha Nihang Singha

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

In my isolated upbringing I have never come accross the Sikh festival termed as Rukhr Puniya and I notice its on the Rakhri day, hence the reference Rukhr Puniya. I take it Rukhr Puniya also coincides with the Baba Bakala sakhi?

What's the sakhi behind the referece to Rukhr Puniya as a pose to anything else? And I am also assuming that the festival no longer has anything to do Rakhriya?

Many thanks

Beautiful programme ... Here's the Hukamnama Sahib from the Bhog ... Ang 615 - Aad Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee Maharaaj

ਸੋਰਠਿ ਮਹਲਾ ੫ ॥

Sorat'h, Fifth Mehl:

ਪ੍ਰਭ ਕੀ ਸਰਣਿ ਸਗਲ ਭੈ ਲਾਥੇ ਦੁਖ ਬਿਨਸੇ ਸੁਖੁ ਪਾਇਆ ॥

In God's Sanctuary all fears depart suffering disappears, and peace is obtained.

ਦਇਆਲੁ ਹੋਆ ਪਾਰਬ੍ਰਹਮੁ ਸੁਆਮੀ ਪੂਰਾ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਧਿਆਇਆ ॥੧॥

When the Supreme Lord God and Master becomes merciful, we meditate on the Perfect True Guru. ||1||

ਪ੍ਰਭ ਜੀਉ ਤੂ ਮੇਰੋ ਸਾਹਿਬੁ ਦਾਤਾ ॥

O Dear God, You are my Lord Master and Great Giver.

ਕਰਿ ਕਿਰਪਾ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਦੀਨ ਦਇਆਲਾ ਗੁਣ ਗਾਵਉ ਰੰਗਿ ਰਾਤਾ ॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥

By Your Mercy, O God, Merciful to the meek, imbue me with Your Love, that I might sing Your Glorious Praises. ||Pause||

ਸਤਿਗੁਰਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਨਿਧਾਨੁ ਦ੍ਰਿੜਾਇਆ ਚਿੰਤਾ ਸਗਲ ਬਿਨਾਸੀ ॥

The True Guru has implanted the treasure of the Naam within me, and all my anxieties have been dispelled.

ਕਰਿ ਕਿਰਪਾ ਅਪੁਨੋ ਕਰਿ ਲੀਨਾ ਮਨਿ ਵਸਿਆ ਅਬਿਨਾਸੀ ॥੨॥

By His Mercy, He has made me His own, and the imperishable Lord has come to dwell within my mind. ||2||

ਤਾ ਕਉ ਬਿਘਨੁ ਨ ਕੋਊ ਲਾਗੈ ਜੋ ਸਤਿਗੁਰਿ ਅਪੁਨੈ ਰਾਖੇ ॥

No misfortune afflicts one who is protected by the True Guru.

ਚਰਨ ਕਮਲ ਬਸੇ ਰਿਦ ਅੰਤਰਿ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤ ਹਰਿ ਰਸੁ ਚਾਖੇ ॥੩॥

The Lotus Feet of God come to abide within his heart, and he savors the sublime essence of the Lord's Ambrosial Nectar. ||3||

ਕਰਿ ਸੇਵਾ ਸੇਵਕ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਅਪੁਨੇ ਜਿਨਿ ਮਨ ਕੀ ਇਛ ਪੁਜਾਈ ॥

So, as a servant, serve your God, who fulfills your mind's desires.

ਨਾਨਕ ਦਾਸ ਤਾ ਕੈ ਬਲਿਹਾਰੈ ਜਿਨਿ ਪੂਰਨ ਪੈਜ ਰਖਾਈ ॥੪॥੧੪॥੨੫॥

Slave Nanak is a sacrifice to the Perfect Lord, who has protected and preserved his honor. ||4||14||25||