Were Sikhs Getting Khalistan In 1947?

Panthic Updates

Gurfateh Ji,

the above link provided and whatever written is totally wrong.

i have read the book "Saachi Sakhi" written by Sardar Kapoor singh and it is clearly mentioned in the Book by Bhai Sahib Ji that Sikhs were getting their own country in 1947 starting from borders of Delhi till Nankana Sahib along with a 150 Kilometers belt carved from Present Rajasthan and Gujrat so that the country has access to Sea to make it independent.

But sadly because of the small thinking of Master Tara Singh and Dalbir Singh, the entire nation suffered.

Britain wanted Sikhs to have their own country but our leaders of the time were not that far sighted and Sided with Jawaharlal Nehru and what did the Nation got, nothing.

It is very important to note that why Dalbir singh sided with India and refused own country for Sikhs is because he had personal interests, he had his industries and factories in present day west bangal which he didnt want to lose and i dont want to think but thought comes to my mind because of what Master Tara Singh did is that Master Tara Singh was son of a Brahmin and was a convert to Sikhism.

The Damage he has done to Sikh Nation is not reparable.

i would request the author to read Sachi Sakhi again, i did and i literally cried that how Master Tara Singh and Dalbir Singh destroyed Sikh nation.

Gurfatehji

Daas

Britain wanted Sikhs to have their own country but our leaders of the time were not that far sighted and Sided with Jawaharlal Nehru and what did the Nation got, nothing.

Its nonsense....British never offered a free state to the Sikhs. There is no record of this.

But as Kapur Singh wrote in his Saachi Saakhi, Muslim League gave a verbal offer to the Sikhs to have a sub nation within Pakistan. And this was never acceptable to the Sikhs, given the history the Sikhs had with Muslim rulers.

Dr. Kirpal Singh, an acclaimed Sikh historian and Head of History Department, Punjab University, who has done thorough research on the Partition of Punjab and has also written a thesis on this subject, also says that there was no such offer to Sikhs. He also says that Muslim League offered a sub state to the Sikhs within Pakistan. That would mean the whole of Punjab would go under Pakistan. The Sikh leaders asked if they have a choice and possibility to come out of this in 10 years if things dont work fine. The Muslim League said, No. The Sikhs asked if they can be given anything in writing on this, and the League didnt agree on this either.

According to him it was wise deicision by the Sikh leadership that they didnt accept Mulsim League's offer of a sub-state.

Rest is history...

the above link provided and whatever written is totally wrong.

i have read the book "Saachi Sakhi" written by Sardar Kapoor singh and it is clearly mentioned in the Book by Bhai Sahib Ji that Sikhs were getting their own country in 1947 starting from borders of Delhi till Nankana Sahib along with a 150 Kilometers belt carved from Present Rajasthan and Gujrat so that the country has access to Sea to make it independent.

What was the population of sikhs In that area? may be 13% What about rest of 87% Hindu/Muslims would they had accepted sikh rule?even khan abdul gaffar khan demanded pakhtoonistan insteat of Pakistan but he was also forced to join Pakistan.So there was no option to sikhs as The sole criteria set by Britishers was majority.

NO this is not true.

British did offer a separate country to the Sikhs and also offered to assist Sikhs run it. I have read thesis and other books of Dr. Kirpal Singh. His sole objective is to convince Sikhs that they made a good choice by siding with India and they belong to India because they were never offered anything by the British. He played a puppet role for his Indian masters. This way he not only undermined the distinct recognition Sikhs had but also rejected the fact that Sikhs deserve their own country. His books were written when Punjabi Sooba agitation was going on premise of which was that Hindu leaders were going back on their words and Sikhs had made a huge mistake by refusing offers of the British. His work is not unbiased. Master Tara Singh and Baldev Singh greatly regretted their mistakes at the end of their lives. They openly claimed that they should’ve taken the British offer. Dr. Kirpal Singh also states that the records of meetings held between Indian leaders and the British are kept secret for 50 years so he did not have access to them at all. Baldev Singh going to England is the clear cut proof that Sikhs were recognized as a separate party. Dr. Kirpal Singh never thinks about the fact that no government would give any option to its state to cede from the union. Does Indian government agree to this proposal today? No. Would USA let Texas cocede? No. Then there is no point in expecting Jinnah to let Sikhs have their own sub-state (which he put in writing) in Pakistan and also give the option to leave whenever they want. It makes no sense. Punjab was exception to the rule of division by majority since Sikhs were living there and the British were willing to get them together in one area where they would make a majority and carve out that area for them but stupid “Sikh” leaders could not get their minds straight about their future plan. Dr. Kapoor Singh is more reliable than Dr. Kirpal Singh since he was an eye witness and had first hand account.

I have at least three books written prior to 1947 on a separate Sikh country and word Khalistan is clearly mentioned in them. Regardless, Sikhs deserve to rule and deserve a separate country be it Sikhistan, Khalsa Raj, Azad Punjab, Republic of Punjab or Khalistan.

Well there is no proof whatsoever that Sikhs were offered an independent State/Country by the British. And because Sikhs were not in majority both in East and West Punjab this kind of offer wouldnt have been acceptable to either Congress or Muslim League.

Kapur Singh is the eyewitness to what actually happened and hence on Pg 98 of Saachi Sakhi he writes that Jinnah offered a Sub-nation status to the Sikhs within Pakistan, an offer which Sikh leadership rightly denied. So this theory of an offer of a Sub-nation comes from Kapur Singh's own writing.

Still this doesnt deny the fact that Sikhs deserve to have an autonomous state....

I have at least three books written prior to 1947 on a separate Sikh country and word Khalistan is clearly mentioned in them. Regardless, Sikhs deserve to rule and deserve a separate country be it Sikhistan, Khalsa Raj, Azad Punjab, Republic of Punjab or Khalistan.

Bro, can you give us the titles and authors of these books?

Well there is no proof whatsoever that Sikhs were offered an independent State/Country by the British. And because Sikhs were not in majority both in East and West Punjab this kind of offer wouldnt have been acceptable to either Congress or Muslim League.

Kapur Singh is the eyewitness to what actually happened and hence on Pg 98 of Saachi Sakhi he writes that Jinnah offered a Sub-nation status to the Sikhs within Pakistan, an offer which Sikh leadership rightly denied. So this theory of an offer of a Sub-nation comes from Kapur Singh's own writing.

Still this doesnt deny the fact that Sikhs deserve to have an autonomous state....

The Sikhs were offered an independent state, they were offered to choice to submit a plan for such a state, exactly the same as the Muslim League were allowed to do so.

The British said they would look at any plan on its pros and cons. However as the Sikhs were in a minority everywhere, it was very difficult to do, but not impossible. This plan I beleive was started but was thwarted by nehru. But what is definite is that there was at no time, the denial of a Sikh state from the British either.

My comment was earlier deleated for some reason - I state fact again Tara Singh wa sa co founder of the VHP Vishwa Hindu Parishad - He was an agent from the start

There is proof in a book called Tara Singhs betrayal of the Sikh Nation,I read it at school - and this is in England

Bro, this talk is nonsense. Tara Singh was a political imbecile, but very passionate about Sikh Nation. This talk about him being an agent is just rubbish, just to justify that our leaders were just not up to the standard that nehru, gandhi and jinnah were, so its easier to to call him an agent.

Master Tara Singh FYI was the first person in "free" india to be arrested and charged with treason, and he was never trusted by any indian regime as long as he lived.

Easy to say no proof exists because it requires no effort on your part but explain to me why Kapoor Singh is lying and why Baldev Singh was called to England and then sent message from Churchill to extend his stay two more days after Nehru had left? Jinnah offered a sub-state and Nehru and Gandhi’s statements were in response to that. The only difference was that Jinnah was offering more and in writing whereas Congress was not. If majority rule was applied to Punjab (initially) just like other states then why were these leaders doing their best to win over the Sikhs? Sikhs had some power in Punjab and whichever side they picked could get more area. Sikhs could stand strong on their grounds about a separate country but they did not. They had no plan and no knowledge about running a country. Sikhs had done so much for the British and British wanted to reward them with their own state (no matter how small). Baldev Singh admitted his mistakes after he was kicked out of his position after Nehru’s death. So did Tara Singh. Dr. Kirpal Singh himself admits that not all documents are available and many are kept in safe for at least 50 years. Tara Singh acted on emotions. His knowledge was meager compared to Jinnah, Nehru and Gandhi.

Nonetheless, the story is true otherwise why would Nehru and Gandhi offer the same to Sikhs?

I will get the names of the books soon.