Kanga/Kirpan

Guest Singh

would it be ok to wear those chains around the neck that have the small kirpan and kanga as well because during sleep my kanga fell out of my hair and should that happen or i cant find my kanga, i would always be wearing one around my neck. Is that ok you reckon?

Please tie your kesh in a way that the kangha fits in the joora, and then tie keski on top of it. I don't think anyone would suggest you to sleep bare-headed if you are Amritdhari. You may wear a smaller kirpan (not too small, not necklace size) while sleeping. A Sikh is supposed to be tyaar-bar-tyaar and never part with his/her kakaars ever. They are our limbs.

Please tie your kesh in a way that the kangha fits in the joora, and then tie keski on top of it. I don't think anyone would suggest you to sleep bare-headed if you are Amritdhari. You may wear a smaller kirpan (not too small, not necklace size) while sleeping. A Sikh is supposed to be tyaar-bar-tyaar and never part with his/her kakaars ever. They are our limbs.

Thank you for your kind comments, but i do not know how to tie a keski?

Thank you for your kind comments, but i do not know how to tie a keski?

Literally just wrap it around your head, that's why a keski is really easy.it doesn't matter whether it's 'neat' or not as you are only going to sleep. The tricky bit, sort of, is starting it. I personally put the start of the keski vertically over my joora so that the rest of it is infront of my face, then just wrap it around.

It may take some practice, and look a bit 'different' but it feels so much better sleeping knowing that you are 'tidy' lol.

Literally just wrap it around your head, that's why a keski is really easy.it doesn't matter whether it's 'neat' or not as you are only going to sleep. The tricky bit, sort of, is starting it. I personally put the start of the keski vertically over my joora so that the rest of it is infront of my face, then just wrap it around.

It may take some practice, and look a bit 'different' but it feels so much better sleeping knowing that you are 'tidy' lol.

Its the same as tying a dastar except its generally alot smaller - maybe 3 - 5 lars and you keep your ears out.

There used to be a video on "Sikhnet" titled "tying a House turban" or something along those lines... They used to have a few videos on tying different dastars.

If it helps...

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=tying+a+keski&aq=f